Soju

Terrible Day

So today, I get home from work, and see I have my packages in. Great! I can now change the oil on my car. I had to order a special socket to get the oil filter cap off...stupid non standard oil filter...anyways.

So I am out changing the oil, just with that feeling that something was going to go wrong. I got the oil draining into the pan...or do I? Oh yes, it is, but then it is draining right out of it onto my driveway through a nice little crack in the bottom. Hurray, 5 quarts of oil on the driveway. Perfect.

But things are over yet. I also got in the mail a tool to tighten the castle nut on my AR-15. This should be easy right? Oh but of course not. The tool worked just fine, but the castle nut and buffer tube didn't want to cooperate. Instead of tightening, it it feels like I am stripping the threads. So I back it off. Okay, I'll be easy, and just turn it till the stock is back in the right position. Oh wait, I can't, because the thread just strips. So now the threads are done. Completely useless.

But that isn't all. In the process of taking the lower off the upper, and the stock off the lower, I broke both the buffer pin retaining spring and the rear takedown pin spring. Lovely.

And then of course there is the issue of the pinned stock on the buffer, thanks to New Jersey. So no, I can't just buy a new buffer tube and swap my stock, because it is pinned, and too well (last time I'm doing anything that well again). So I get to buy a new buffer tube, castle nut, stock, buffer retaining pin spring, and takedown pin spring.

FML.

Nobody happens to have any of those things do they?

post-2467-0-66503600-1301962000_thumb.jpg

Damn man, I have days like that all the time.

Just the other day, I was making target stands out of PVC and realized 2'' PVC tubing wouldn't fit into a 2'' THREADED tee...I failed to put the 2'' tube into the top of the tee, instead I tried it out on the two sides. So I had to GO BACK to Home Depot to get a non-threaded tee, which was pretty difficult to say the least. Apparently they were all out and had to go in the back to get it.

Pain in the a**. At least there is always another day...

I think we have all had days like this at one time or another, some day it's seems like it just wasn't worth getting out of bed, but when you do just remember the following:

On your way home from work, stop at your pharmacy and go to the thermometer section. You will need to purchase a rectal thermometer made by Johnson and Johnson. Be very sure you get this brand. When you get home, lock your doors, draw the drapes, and disconnect the phone so you will not be disturbed during your therapy. Change to very comfortable clothing, such as a sweat suit and lie down on your bed. Open the package and remove the thermometer. Carefully place it on the bedside table so that it will not become chipped or broken. Take out the material that comes with the thermometer and read it. You will notice that in small print there is a statement:

"Every rectal thermometer made by Johnson and Johnson is personally tested"

Now close your eyes and repeat out loud five times: "I am so glad I do not work for quality control at the Johnson and Johnson Company".

Feel Better??? :rofl:

Harry

My motto is "nothing's easy". Every little "20 min" chore turns into a laborious , frustrating event requiring power tools and multiple trips to Lowes/Home Depot.

I've had days like yours. Chalk it up to Murphy, and enjoy your new stock.