intercooler

ak74's , who has what? where did you get it?

what is the 74u just shorter? Nj legal?

Yes, as he said, both NJ legal.

It is an AKS-74U, the S meaning "Skladnoy" (folding) and the U meaning "Ukorochenniy" (shortened).

It has an 8" barrel IIRC. It is made NJ and federally legal by adding a fake supressor which is permenently attached to make it a "barrel extension" and to meet the 16" barrel length requirement and overall length requirements. The triangle folder appears welded open.

Anyone know where to get some cheap wood furniture, doesn't have to lool god I want to refinish it myself.

dont know what you are looking to spend but the timbersmith furniture I used on the last two rifles was fairly inexpensive, extremely light... and had a pretty nice finish.. also pretty sure it is all US made

Anyone know where to get some cheap wood furniture, doesn't have to lool god I want to refinish it myself.

dont know what you are looking to spend but the timbersmith furniture I used on the last two rifles was fairly inexpensive, extremely light... and had a pretty nice finish.. also pretty sure it is all US made

Yea the have it for $8 but it doesn't have the top handguard and the bottom has a grip on it. also, how hard would it be to make it fit the cai ak47. I thought any ak stock set would fit.

Yeah, it will pop right on. I think you can cut off the donkey dong and make it look like a normal lower handguard.

nothing, but it will last and is made just plain better. I have a bcm AND a bushy..they cost within $200

That's what I don't understand. Smith&Wesson makes great handguns, so why is it considered a 2nd tier option in the AR world?

Generally speaking, the "tier 1" manufacturers (at least as far as I understand things) are the ones that meet (and in most cases exceed) the military TDP set forth for manufacturing M16s/M4s. Things like HPT/MPI barrels and bolts and what not. The "tier 2" guys come close but are usually missing something.. maybe a 1/9 barrel instead of 1/7.. maybe a particular test isn't run on the bolt.. or maybe the barrel... commercial buffer tube instead of milspec.. who knows.. could be any number of things that don't quite make the grade. That doesn't mean a "tier 2" gun is necessarily bad for 99% of people.

And what any of that has to do with AK74s is beyond me... :icon_mrgreen:

Generally speaking, the "tier 1" manufacturers (at least as far as I understand things) are the ones that meet (and in most cases exceed) the military TDP set forth for manufacturing M16s/M4s. Things like HPT/MPI barrels and bolts and what not. The "tier 2" guys come close but are usually missing something.. maybe a 1/9 barrel instead of 1/7.. maybe a particular test isn't run on the bolt.. or maybe the barrel... commercial buffer tube instead of milspec.. who knows.. could be any number of things that don't quite make the grade. That doesn't mean a "tier 2" gun is necessarily bad for 99% of people.

And what any of that has to do with AK74s is beyond me... :icon_mrgreen:

I see what your saying, but it's kinda like handguns to me. Glocks are cheaply made and are not expensive at all but it's arguably the most reliable semi-auto pistol on the market. So what's the diff?