intercooler

ak74's , who has what? where did you get it?

ok, i am waiting on a sar 2 barreled receiver to come in and was looking at getting another ak74 for my wife. i was looking at the CAI ones (tantal and m74) which will require the nortmal pinniung and welding and de lugging...who here has a 5.45? anyone have a red jacket converted saiga? an interarms, an arsenal or even a CAI ?

how do you like them

how does the redjacket one compare to aresenal?

Can't beat it for $360: http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/rifles/ak-pattern-rifles/p/akm74-m74-sporter-rifle%2C-5-45x39-caliber-w-side-rail-by-cai-/cPath/209_214/products_id/4498

2 of my friends have it and it is a steal for that price. Lotsa fun to shoot!

did they have any keyholing issues? Canted sights? i was looking at that one specifically, i read good and bad about CAI stuff

did they have any keyholing issues? Canted sights? i was looking at that one specifically, i read good and bad about CAI stuff

Keyholing was with the early tantals. Canted sights is usually with WASRs. Century turned out a good product with those 74s and they use NDS recievers to boot!

Can't beat it for $360: http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/rifles/ak-pattern-rifles/p/akm74-m74-sporter-rifle%2C-5-45x39-caliber-w-side-rail-by-cai-/cPath/209_214/products_id/4498

2 of my friends have it and it is a steal for that price. Lotsa fun to shoot!

That muzzle brake is legal??

I just ordered a CAI M74 (AK-74 style) rifle from J&G. Having it sent to Paul for neutering. Also just ordered 3 tins of 5.45x39 ammo (3240 rounds). This is my first 5.45 rifle , and i'm looking forward to cheap-ammo blasting fun. :)

Going to pick up a few AK74 15/30 magazines from MTN Armory as well. Just spoke with Isac, as the website is still down. Have to call him to make orders in the meantime.

I just ordered a CAI M74 (AK-74 style) rifle from J&G. Having it sent to Paul for neutering. Also just ordered 3 tins of 5.45x39 ammo (3240 rounds). This is my first 5.45 rifle , and i'm looking forward to cheap-ammo blasting fun. :)

Going to pick up a few AK74 15/30 magazines from MTN Armory as well. Just spoke with Isac, as the website is still down. Have to call him to make orders in the meantime.

We are going to need a full report on this acquisition. I have been mulling this exact purchase over and over..... true honest feedback and maybe even a running blog would be great.

We are going to need a full report on this acquisition. I have been mulling this exact purchase over and over..... true honest feedback and maybe even a running blog would be great.

This won't be a problem. I can make a post and update it everytime I shoot or do something with the rifle. I know I'm taking a chance with this thing, but from what I read on the intertubes... the problems of bad barrel fitment have long been taken care of. The rest of it... well its an AK mud-gun, I figure it should be difficult for them to screw up. We'll see! :pardon:

Just want to chime in. I got an Arsenal and I absolutely love it. I was never a AK fan, but after getting this clone last September, I became a fan.

Now the Arsenals are a bit expensive, but I thought it was worth every penny. No modes needed and the fit and finish is Grade A. It runs flawless. It feels very balance in my hands. Got 2 mags from Mtn Armory (Issac) and they fit perfect. No wobble and fits tight.

In conclusion, if you got the $$$, get an Arsenal!

i ordered a sgl31-61 from henderson defense today. the red jacket ones were out

Henderson Defense is great, I got my SGL21 from them, and they made in NJ legal for me before it was an option. You will be happy with it!

Arsenal makes great guns. If you add up the price of buying a saiga and doing the conversion yourself, you are basically paying a few hundred $ premium for them to do it for you. The only thing I'm not happy about with my Arsenal 47' is the finish. One of the cleaning products I used has damaged it, basically it was a very sub-par coating they put on.

Another option I was looking at is going with a Rifle Dynamics conversion. Part of their service includes media blasting the original coatings off, parkerizing, and applying a moly-resin coating.

Arsenal makes great guns. If you add up the price of buying a saiga and doing the conversion yourself, you are basically paying a few hundred $ premium for them to do it for you. The only thing I'm not happy about with my Arsenal 47' is the finish. One of the cleaning products I used has damaged it, basically it was a very sub-par coating they put on.

Another option I was looking at is going with a Rifle Dynamics conversion. Part of their service includes media blasting the original coatings off, parkerizing, and applying a moly-resin coating.

the coating on every Saiga I have ever purchased has been solid, maybe not the perfect color.. but just really durable.... and while you say the arsenal is only a few hundred more.. you are right.. but that is also with their furniture.. while I know I have beat the horse to death.. and the answer might not seem right for everyone.. a converted Saiga is cheaper.. and you get EXACTLY what you want.. want russian red furniture and an ultimak gas tube? well buy the arsenal for $700 and then another $150 + for the wood.. and another $100 for the tube.. so now you are right around a grand... I could replicate that gun for under $800... as I have always said.. people can do what they want.. but I would personally invest my money in putting together exactly what I wanted...

the coating on every Saiga I have ever purchased has been solid, maybe not the perfect color.. but just really durable.... and while you say the arsenal is only a few hundred more.. you are right.. but that is also with their furniture.. while I know I have beat the horse to death.. and the answer might not seem right for everyone.. a converted Saiga is cheaper.. and you get EXACTLY what you want.. want russian red furniture and an ultimak gas tube? well buy the arsenal for $700 and then another $150 + for the wood.. and another $100 for the tube.. so now you are right around a grand... I could replicate that gun for under $800... as I have always said.. people can do what they want.. but I would personally invest my money in putting together exactly what I wanted...

No doubt, agree with you 100% on the build v. buy. Just comes down to if someone wants to do it or not.

As for the finish, my Arsenal is not a converted Saiga, and its a few years old, so who knows what Arsenal used on it. I'm not too concerned about it, just thought it was worth mentioning.

No doubt, agree with you 100% on the build v. buy. Just comes down to if someone wants to do it or not.

As for the finish, my Arsenal is not a converted Saiga, and its a few years old, so who knows what Arsenal used on it. I'm not too concerned about it, just thought it was worth mentioning.

I didnt know they did anything besides Saigas.. what do you have?

vlad I think you got me today. I can't stop reading about the ak74. What do you think about the cai ak74 on jg sales. I like the price and it seems good. How hard and costly would out be to add all wood furniture on something like that? Or is there a different one I should go with? Also thinking possibly doing a pinned folder, just think it looks cool but don't think it is very efficient. Any thoughts on that?

vlad I think you got me today. I can't stop reading about the ak74. What do you think about the cai ak74 on jg sales. I like the price and it seems good. How hard and costly would out be to add all wood furniture on something like that? Or is there a different one I should go with? Also thinking possibly doing a pinned folder, just think it looks cool but don't think it is very efficient. Any thoughts on that?

I might know someone with a pinned folder that has wood! not sure if it is a 47 or 74.. will check for you..