Sixtytwo327

Hello from Jersey City

Hello from Jersey City.

Just moved here from Maryland. Unfortunately, I had to sell all my ARs, as each and every one was frowned upon by NJ. State Police were (surprisingly) helpful, but it looks like I'm starting over on the rifle collection.

Still, going to go much more slowly this time; as I have less time to shoot but more money than I did when I was 21. Just processed my FID , so I have a few months to think it over. In the mean time, will be doing some research. Already found some great articles here (thanks much) so I joined NJGF.

And that's about it.

Welcome. You couldn't convert your ARs to be NJ legal? Or were they banned by name?

One was Colt. The other was Fulton Armory - receiver stamped FAR-15 - which seemed questionable to me, so I decided to err on the side of caution. It's all good; now I get to buy two more rifles.

Be nice if it was the Vette, I think that was the first year with the 327

Harry:

That's correct. It was the last C1 Vette. Had a solid rear axle but the 61 and 62 Vette had the C2 (mid-year) styling on the rear. The last year for the 327 in the Vette was 1968.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Harry:

That's correct. It was the last C1 Vette. Had a solid rear axle but the 61 and 62 Vette had the C2 (mid-year) styling on the rear. The last year for the 327 in the Vette was 1968.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Good info, I am a C3 guy myself, when I finish my 83 Harley I plan on hot rodding a 77 Vette in the next year or 2. I like the 77 being it was the last year of the flat back window and being I want to change things I am not that concerned in destroying the value of a year that should be a full restoration and the 77 fits the bill as not being year that's in demand and can be had for not a lot of coin.

Harry

It's pretty sweet - not a show car, but certainly fun to drive. I did the work with my dad (fun project) about ten years ago. It's a 327 with 345HP and 330-ish torqure. Also, mine is missing all the chrome pieces; it was set up as a drag car but sat in a garage for 30+ years - was inherited from an uncle who died in a motorcycle accident a long time ago. And, no, I did not bring it to Jersey City with me, as I'd like to not have it stlolen inside ten minutes. It's in MD. That said, I don't plan on selling it any time soon.

hd2000fxdl - "Good info, I am a C3 guy myself" They're nice... there is SO MUCH you can do with the Stingrays; they're great project cars. Good luck and have fun with that!

RayRay - "I was thinking 327 Federal..." Ha ha nice.

And, no, I did not bring it to Jersey City with me, as I'd like to not have it stlolen inside ten minutes. It's in MD.

RayRay - "I was thinking 327 Federal..." Ha ha nice.

I was gonna say there's no way there's a car like that in Jersey City that ISN'T stolen!