Caine

Doomsday Preppers

Well at least for the mormon guy, there is the benefit of being shielded by low hanging fruit. LDS still requires you to have a years worth of provisions in the home to be a good little mormon, but they have frowned on weapons for a while now in that equation. Lots of survival types refer to SLC as a supermarket.

The reality is that around here, anything that goes past about 10 days and is nationwide is going to leave this place stripped and barren for quite some time. Especially if it happens in winter. Population density is just WAY too high.

10 days? You're overly optimistic. It's more like 3 days. Remember Katrina? Complete social dislocation in 72 hours. Supermarkets were empty and roving gangs were looting homes.

Up here every snowstorm clears out every supermarket in the area. I might even be overestimating saying 3 days...

10 days? You're overly optimistic. It's more like 3 days. Remember Katrina? Complete social dislocation in 72 hours. Supermarkets were empty and roving gangs were looting homes.

Up here every snowstorm clears out every supermarket in the area. I might even be overestimating saying 3 days...

This

Stop the produce/fuel supply chain, throw in a little uncertainty, chaos would ensue in a day or two IMO. We're in the most densely populated area of the country, with a population used to getting what it wants when it wants. When that goes off the track, people panic. Worse if it is something out of the blue. A hurricane at least you can see coming and have a few days / week to prepare and expect it.

I feel its prudent for everyone to have a little "prepper" in them. In my book, I prepare by being able to be self sufficient for at least a month. I think its a good hedge. If assistance can't get in within a month, we're looking at something really F'd up, then its time to form a possee and roam the country fighting off the zombie hoards. I just get pissed at my family that lives around me. Their plan is to "go to Dan's house". Argh

What happened to the show on the History Channel...Appocalyspe PA with the family from Bethlehem, PA? Anyone see it?

It seemed to only be a couple episodes to test it out. I thought it was relatively interesting, but they never showed any more episodes.

So this guy joked about not wanting to live with tubes in him and the Doctor took that as suicide and the state determined he was unfit to have guns. NEVER, EVER Joke about suicide, in anger or whatever. This ensnared that guy with the illegal magazines in NJ, Brian Aiken.

----------

No more prepping for me.

Doomsday Prepper has his guns confiscated by the State of TN.

The State of Tennessee and a Cardiologist have ended the need for me to prep.

To a person of my political beliefs this might as well be a life in prison sentence.

I can now no longer work with the schools or target practice with my guns (one of the few sports I could still do) Therefore Prepping for me has come to a end, as everyone knows there is no since putting up food and other things without a means to defend them.

I CAN NOT AFFORD an attorney and the only person who can expunge the record wont (the Governor of Tennessee) I do not know when or if I will be able to return at this time. For the record the doctor/ prick who raped me is Andre C. Olivier, M.D. http://www.sths.com/cardiac/drinfo.p...ndre-C-Olivier

farwell for now

David Sarti

Lebanon TN

I once dated a chick in the TV industry. I learned to never trust what you see on TV especially reality type shows. They will twist everything. They will make up scenarios. They will do anything for ratings.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/rockbeyondbelief/2012/02/08/how-nat-geo-misrepresented-the-foxhole-atheist-doomsday-prepper-megan-hurwitt/

I once dated a chick in the TV industry. I learned to never trust what you see on TV especially reality type shows. They will twist everything. They will make up scenarios. They will do anything for ratings.

http://freethoughtbl...-megan-hurwitt/

You had to date a chick in TV to learn that? I thought it was common knowledge. I don't even trust the "news" on TV.

You had to date a chick in TV to learn that? I thought it was common knowledge. I don't even trust the "news" on TV.

Common knowledge is one thing, being able to go on "set" and then hang out in post production is another. Every scenario and situation is setup or edited to show what they want. I'd say 98% is that way.

So this guy joked about not wanting to live with tubes in him and the Doctor took that as suicide and the state determined he was unfit to have guns. NEVER, EVER Joke about suicide, in anger or whatever. This ensnared that guy with the illegal magazines in NJ, Brian Aiken.

Someone started an online petition to get the TN Governor to expunge the decleration

http://www.change.org/petitions/governer-expunge-the-states-declaration-that-david-sarti-is-mentally-defective

This guy is screwed

I don't think he had to, but if given the choice between what is common knowledge, or getting some to find out for sure, what one would you pick??? ;)

Found the perfect property for sale, for anyone who wants to be on an episode of Doomsday Preppers. Really not a bad price for all you get.

19 acres, beautiful house, MISSLE SILO, O and a private airstrip and hangar

Am I the only sicko who would love to live here??

EDIT: Haha forget the link... http://www.realtor.com/blogs/2011/11/29/nuclear-missile-silo-home-turned-luxury-listed/

Found the perfect property for sale, for anyone who wants to be on an episode of Doomsday Preppers. Really not a bad price for all you get.

19 acres, beautiful house, MISSLE SILO, O and a private airstrip and hangar

Am I the only sicko who would love to live here??

Ok, so where is it and how much?? Usually when you have to ask,, well you know...

Well at least for the mormon guy, there is the benefit of being shielded by low hanging fruit. LDS still requires you to have a years worth of provisions in the home to be a good little mormon, but they have frowned on weapons for a while now in that equation. Lots of survival types refer to SLC as a supermarket.

The reality is that around here, anything that goes past about 10 days and is nationwide is going to leave this place stripped and barren for quite some time. Especially if it happens in winter. Population density is just WAY too high.

I travel to SLC a bit and know quite a few LDS folks. They are all gun enthusiasts, weapons are not frowned upon at all. Most keep two years of food and water.

Added link. It's honestly amazing, It's in upstate NY, and I've seen more expensive houses in Bergen County.

http://www.realtor.c...-luxury-listed/

Nice, but I want to move to a state that doesn't have BS gun laws and in a warmer climate..

Well I agree with you on the warmer climate, I'm trying to relocate to warmth myself. With all that land, you could probably set up targets on your runway and shoot rifles off the porch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFuGBKcyEQw&feature=related

This was from Jesse Ventura's show, an episode on 2012 doomsday, where a guy had an old missile silo he was going to transform into an underground condominium for doomsday. Thought it was related to what you guys were talking about.

The big problem with the silo is that it's been for sale for quite a while and, as a result, everyone knows where it is.

True. But the way I see it, forget the missile silo. You're getting a great house, acres of land in a nice area, for a good price. So in say a "few years" if the SHTF, the only people who are going to really remember the missle silo house, are your neighbors. And if something major happen you are going to lock the front door, and seal the blast doors, and unless your neighbors have c4 to take down the door you should be good. To me it's not only a good doomsday shelter thingee, it's an all around nice piece of property.

Sidenote: F-word Jesse Ventura

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/collections/special/columns/polinaut/archive/2011/11/jesse_ventura_i.shtml