Sign in to follow this  
Gun Guy in NJ

Camera Embedded within Firearm

"Photos and videos taken by this integrated camera system will serve as evidence of firearm incidents, providing definitive, factual answers to many investigative questions such as whether the discharge of the weapon was appropriate; what events dictated the use of the weapon; and who was present at the scene and what were they doing."

This would be good for training as well. Camera in gun

I'd rather see the police rigged up with a camera at all times. Then at the end of their shift, following a shooting, or a major incident it gets uploaded to a 3rd party where the video can't get "lost".

I think that would be better than a camera in the gun that only records after the gun goes off. What about the 99% of the incident that happened to instigate the discharge?

I'd rather see the police rigged up with a camera at all times. Then at the end of their shift, following a shooting, or a major incident it gets uploaded to a 3rd party where the video can't get "lost".

I think that would be better than a camera in the gun that only records after the gun goes off. What about the 99% of the incident that happened to instigate the discharge?

I was thinking the same thing... in real life situation you only get pictures of the shooting in progress, nothing about what led up to the shooting.