ronhonda

Old Bridge USPSA 7/24/11

Match Sunday7/24//11(weather permitting)

New Shooters show up by 9am.

pre-register on www.obcats.com or click the link below (sign up and watch for range conditions updates)

Match should start by 10am.

Any questions post them, someone will hopefully answer them.

Also bring some extra cash for a good cause.

From the website

Click here to register for the July 24th Match.

For July, we are asking that all the shooters donate their prize checks to the Wounded Warriors. Area 8 has been holding fund raisers all season. In addition we will be accepting additional donations. They gave, now it is our turn.

Please go to our Wounded Warriors Donation page to donate if you can't make it out to our match.

Going back to the original topic... :icon_e_wink:

Looks like we're going to be getting very hot weather in the coming days. Do they ever cancel matches due to "extreme" heat?

No they do not.

You just need to take the necessary precautions in order to deal with extreme heat.

Do over do it

Stay hydrated

Seek shade if possible

Bring a cooler

Wear dark clothing

Help out so that everyone shares in the amount of "work" required to keep the match running

Reminisce on those 20 degree winter days

• Like 1

Hi Ronny,

I'll be there. Looking forward to doing so but I'm not a big fan of warm weather.

Dark clothing? Isn't it the opposite... I have a bright yellow shirt that I'm looking to wear for the match :sarcastichand:. I'm also big on helping out tape up targets and breaking down stuff at the end.

BTW, Costco is selling those collapsible wagons for $ 54 bucks. Great for hauling those heavy coolers and other shooting stuff :icon_e_wink:

Well I'll finally be in town and not working so I am in.

Sunday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 89. North wind between 3 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Sunday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

After the temps we have had this past week a high of 89 we might need dark colors to keep us warm,, NOT, I'll be there in but with plenty of stuff to drink and lighter colored clothes.

On a serious note, it would be best for everyone to bring an extra bottle or 2 of something to drink, if you need it you will have it, if not and someone on your squad needs it you have it for them, heat stoke and exhaustion isn't a joke and is dangerous.

Harry

Can't make this one..I HAD planned to shoot Cowboy at Cj this weekend, but it's jsut too damn hot out there, combined with some home issues that need to be addressed. I'll see you guys that are going at the Rimfire match at CJ next weekend Hopefully.

So, did anyone survive this match? If so, how did it go?

Fantastic day, not that I shot great but all that were on my squad had a good and safe day, it was hot and well lets just say my pores are very clean, 5 32oz bottles of Gatorade helped. lol

As I said a good day, 8 stages but the last 2 you could have called a 1 and a half stage with one being the qualifier and the other for a total of I think 7 and 8 rounds each. Day seemed long with the conditions but as always a good safe day shooting with friends is better than not shooing.

Harry

Glad you guys had some safe fun. We were at R14 for the day. Let me tell you, I would not want to be running around shooting, or walking all over to tape up targets with the weather we had today.....especially for 8 stages.

Me and another range member stopped by to see if you guys where finished so we could do more blasting but to no avail. I'm suprised you guys lasted that long! 3:45 and still going strong, right on.

Hi Ronny!

Our squad was one of the last ones done. We were done, torn down by 515pm.

It was a good match as always, albeit a tad on the warm side.

Everyone had plenty of water or gatorade so no issues there.

If the weather on Sunday was like it was on Saturday, I would have been at home playing video games, reading and doing "chores".

You guys missed a good match.

ADDED: 74 people attended the match, so the heat was not much of an issue.

Nice meeting you. Thank you and all squad 6 members for your help. I had a lot of fun.

Our squad was one of the last ones done. We were done, torn down by 515pm.

It was a good match as always, albeit a tad on the warm side.

Everyone had plenty of water or gatorade so no issues there.

If the weather on Sunday was like it was on Saturday, I would have been at home playing video games, reading and doing "chores".

You guys missed a good match.

ADDED: 74 people attended the match, so the heat was not much of an issue.

yesterday was fun despite the temp and humidity. I was already drenched in sweat by 8:30 helping out build a stage. The organizers did well as usual. There were a couple of really difficult stages (even the pros were cursing :sarcastichand:) and a number of extremely fun ones (stage 2 - Shower). I left around 5:30 after the breakdown and some brass picking.:icon_e_wink:

again, it was nice meeting a number of forum members at the match. Hopefully, the next one is not as hot.

I did the shower stage with nothing but headshots. That was a really fun stage.

Yet again I drank at least a gallon of water and a quart of gatorade and didn't pee until this morning!

that always amazed me how much i drink on hot days and do not pee...

btw, I just wanted to mention something about the match yesterday. A buddy of mine from NY came to the match and realized that he forgot his belt/holster/mag pouch rig when he got to the range. He drove to the match with another shooter so he had to stay until the end even if he doesn't shoot. I convinced him to go to the organizers and ask if they can ask before the start of the match if anybody has spare gear. The only issue was he is left handed and he shoots an sti. What are the chances of finding somebody with a similar set-up. Fortunately, one of the guys we asked who handling the match paperwork is also left handed, has a similar pistol and had the same belt size :icon_lol:. Without hesitation, the gentleman (didn't get his name) offered my buddy to squad him and share his gear. To that nameless fellow shooter, a big THANK YOU!!!:thankyou:

You do meet a lot of amazing people at the range.

btw, I just wanted to mention something about the match yesterday. A buddy of mine from NY came to the match and realized that he forgot his belt/holster/mag pouch rig when he got to the range. He drove to the match with another shooter so he had to stay until the end even if he doesn't shoot. I convinced him to go to the organizers and ask if they can ask before the start of the match if anybody has spare gear. The only issue was he is left handed and he shoots an sti. What are the chances of finding somebody with a similar set-up. Fortunately, one of the guys we asked who handling the match paperwork is also left handed, has a similar pistol and had the same belt size :icon_lol:. Without hesitation, the gentleman (didn't get his name) offered my buddy to squad him and share his gear. To that nameless fellow shooter, a big THANK YOU!!!:thankyou:

You do meet a lot of amazing people at the range.

His name is Brian Gibson Jr he shoots at OB & CJ