compujas

Hello from Oak Ridge

Hey everyone! I've been reading through here the past few days and decided to join and say hi. It seems I'm not even close to the first one from Oak Ridge on here.

Gun Collection (so far):

Glock 22

Beretta 92A1

Marlin XS-7 .308Win

old Ruger 10/22

Mossberg 500

Mossberg 590A1 w/ Ghost Ring (Zombie gun)

old pump 12ga (similar to 500)

old side by side 12ga

All 3 old ones I inherited when my great Uncle moved into assisted living.

I'm just getting into reloading over the past few months, and I just shot my first 2x4 shoot at Cherry Ridge on Saturday. I'm also interested in giving USPSA a try (I know, when I jump into a hobby I go head first all the way) so I'll probably be lurking around Shongum during the next few matches. I joined Cherry Ridge last year and just renewed as a Life member (I had a family membership to include my wife, and we decided it was more cost effective to do the life membership). I look forward to all the knowledge I know I'll gain from everyone much more experienced than me around here.

Hey everyone! I've been reading through here the past few days and decided to join and say hi. It seems I'm not even close to the first one from Oak Ridge on here.

Gun Collection (so far):

Glock 22

Beretta 92A1

Marlin XS-7 .308Win

old Ruger 10/22

Mossberg 500

Mossberg 590A1 w/ Ghost Ring (Zombie gun)

old pump 12ga (similar to 500)

old side by side 12ga

All 3 old ones I inherited when my great Uncle moved into assisted living.

I'm just getting into reloading over the past few months, and I just shot my first 2x4 shoot at Cherry Ridge on Saturday. I'm also interested in giving USPSA a try (I know, when I jump into a hobby I go head first all the way) so I'll probably be lurking around Shongum during the next few matches. I joined Cherry Ridge last year and just renewed as a Life member (I had a family membership to include my wife, and we decided it was more cost effective to do the life membership). I look forward to all the knowledge I know I'll gain from everyone much more experienced than me around here.

Hi, Welcome.

There are quite a few of us who are members at CR so I'm sure we'll see you down there. I'm very close but haven't been able to get out much this summer at all due to other obligations.

My finger is getting itchy :)

Welcome to the forum, not too shabby a list of firearms you have there. As far as USPSA, well lets say it's good that you are reloading. lol it's addictive and a lot of fun, now don't just lurk, jump in and shoot a match and forget just watching.

Harry

Welcome to the forum, not too shabby a list of firearms you have there. As far as USPSA, well lets say it's good that you are reloading. lol it's addictive and a lot of fun, now don't just lurk, jump in and shoot a match and forget just watching.

Harry

This^^^

I shot my fist match a couple weeks ago, even though I had been interested in doing it for a couple years. I've been asking myself why did I wait so long. Get out there and do it, you'll probably meet a few forum members out there too. Oh yeah welcome to the forum. :icon_mrgreen:

comujas- Welcome If you like PM me I'm in Oak Ridge as well.

Mark- Benedryl for the finger!

I knew we would hear from this guy. I was at the 2x4 match in the afternoon. I usually run the safety briefing at Shongum so I guess I will see you at the next match on 10th of September.

and Welcome to the club!

PS: I have a 92FS holster, pouches and belt all set up for USPSA if you want to borrow it. I'm just sayin'.

I knew we would hear from this guy. I was at the 2x4 match in the afternoon. I usually run the safety briefing at Shongum so I guess I will see you at the next match on 10th of September.

and Welcome to the club!

PS: I have a 92FS holster, pouches and belt all set up for USPSA if you want to borrow it. I'm just sayin'.

We unfortunately ran out of ammo quickly and left at around noon, so we probably missed you. And thanks for the offer on the belt setup, but being that I'm a lefty I doubt I could use it. I have a holster for my Glock already though, just need a few more mag pouches. Plus my Glock seems to shoot a bitter straighter than the 92 for some reason (Beretta shoots low-right, can't figure out why, made the 2x4 match kind of difficult).

And as long as I'm not busy I probably will get to the Sept 10 match to check it out (won't be shooting quite yet, but probably won't be long if it's as fun as everyone claims).

PS: Might as well add to the list my 'new to me' Franken-AR15 I bought from DevsAdvocate here. Just another gun I have to feed and outfit with accessories (especially since I'm a lefty).

We unfortunately ran out of ammo quickly and left at around noon, so we probably missed you. And thanks for the offer on the belt setup, but being that I'm a lefty I doubt I could use it. I have a holster for my Glock already though, just need a few more mag pouches. Plus my Glock seems to shoot a bitter straighter than the 92 for some reason (Beretta shoots low-right, can't figure out why, made the 2x4 match kind of difficult).

And as long as I'm not busy I probably will get to the Sept 10 match to check it out (won't be shooting quite yet, but probably won't be long if it's as fun as everyone claims).

PS: Might as well add to the list my 'new to me' Franken-AR15 I bought from DevsAdvocate here. Just another gun I have to feed and outfit with accessories (especially since I'm a lefty).

Outstanding. You can shoot the rifle stage too.