TheMan

How Bad Will Hurricane be!!

Hey does anyone have any knowledge on how bad were suppose to be affected by Hurricane Irene? I just got a call from my National guard unit. They basically told us to have all of our gear ready because there may be a possibility that We will be put on state Active duty. Im in a water purification unit in sea girt.

Hey does anyone have any knowledge on how bad were suppose to be affected by Hurricane Irene? I just got a call from my National guard unit. They basically told us to have all of our gear ready because there may be a possibility that We will be put on state Active duty. Im in a water purification unit in sea girt.

You could read the Hurricane thread up now...but here's the cliff's notes. If the track continues to push westward, NJ will take it right up the gullet and there will be some major power outages, limbs down and flooding.

Prepare today. The people that wait until Saturday won't be able to buy their requisite gross of toilet paper.

You could read the Hurricane thread up now...but here's the cliff's notes. If the track continues to push westward, NJ will take it right up the gullet and there will be some major power outages, limbs down and flooding.

Prepare today. The people that wait until Saturday won't be able to buy their requisite gross of toilet paper.

Yea going to the commissary today to stock up on some groceries. Then heading out to stock up on ammo just in case there havoc in my area lol.

The Cape May County OEM Officals are meeting now and will make a formal reccomendation shortly. The current reccomendation is to be ready for evacuation, especially the barrier islands. I'm waiting to hear the updated reccomendation. If you haven't, many towns have a reverse 911 service, sign up for it.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a bug out bag packed and supplies on hand.

Buy a few cases of beer. If you loose power lines to the house and see the power guys, a case of beer may motivate them to get to your house before someone elses.

What the heck do you need ammo for? It's not like a cat 2 hurricane is going to turn NJ into a Mad Max zone. If you've got one mag's ammo, you're good to go.

1 magazine is NEVER enough.

Buy a few cases of beer. If you loose power lines to the house and see the power guys, a case of beer may motivate them to get to your house before someone elses.

Of course, it'll then go out again a few hours later as the drunk linemen short the entire quadrant out. :sarcastichand:

They basically told us to have all of our gear ready because there may be a possibility that We will be put on state Active duty. Im in a water purification unit in sea girt

I spent 18 years in the Guard, can't count the number of warning orders I got for emergencies, and was only activated once for two days for a snowstorm. You are in a different situation being in a water purification unit. Your unit is specialized (as are MPs and other Engineers among others) so the chance of you getting activated will depend on if and when the water system goes out anywhere in th state. If they only need trucks and bodies for evacuation they can use just about any unit close to where the problems are.

if there is an evacuation order.. and you dont leave.. and they knock on your door.. and you just dont answer.. what happens?

Nothing, until you call for rescue then you get a lecture.

The evacuation order for the 5 Mile Island (containing North Wildwood, Wildwood, Wildwood Crest and Diamond Beach) was given as voluntary this evening. Tomorrow Morning the mandatory evacuation of Cape May County begins. The Nursing homes are being evacuated now, and should be empty by noon tomorrow. Cape Regional Medical Center is discharging as many as they can and has a force of ambulances ready to empty the hospital shoud that become necessary.

If the sustained winds reach 45mph (meaning gusts reach 90+mph) 911 services will stop - yes 90mph gusts will push an ambulance off the road.

My wife and son are going to western MD, I will join them if things get bad.

I don't know about the plans for the rest of the state.

I'm in charge of looters on my block. I'm handicapping myself by only using a 30-30 with iron sights, no AR. If they want our TV's and beer they better watch out. If I get too tanked up I may break out the Mosin too.

• Like 1

Bah, it's just going to be some flooding and power outages. I seriously doubt we're going to see rescues off of roofs though. We did lift everything up off the ground at work in places where water has historically entered the building but beyond that, by Wed, it'll just be some stories about the big blow.

So any one put together a storm play list Of the top of my head I've got

"Stormbringer"-Deep Purple

"Stormy May Day"-AC/DC

"Riding the Storm Out"-REO Speedwagon

"Riders on the Storm"-Doors

"Shelter from the Storm"-Bob Dylan

"Crying In The Storm"-Clee-Shays

"The Lightning Storm"-Flogging Molly

and of course "Rock You Like A Hurricane"-Scorpions

Feel free to add to the list, I am sure there 1000's of storm songs

It can't be worse than Hugo. Hugo made me miss ultimate sex. No joke, once in a lifetime stuff sex. I literally saw their tails running after a firm agreement, made in advance, for ultimate sex. Hurricane forced totally bogus breach of bodacious contract.

I would have never let that huuricane get in the way of once in a lifetime sex. I would have some how made accommadations to get the booty and still get out of dodge. Unless of course, your idea of once in a life time sex was to see what it was like to be with another guy, then all bets are off. The hurricane is stopping me. :);)

• Like 1

"Stormy May Day"-AC/DC

You forgot one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXeXm0uMDo

Harry

• Like 1

Meh to this one. Overhype by the media. If that fat bag of wind Christie is bloviating like a drunken D'jais guido on the TeeVee, you can be sure it won't be that bad.

There will be flooding in all the usual spots along the coast & near some rivers. That will be very uneven also, Millstone may not go, but branches of Metedeconk and Manasquan may at least in Mon/OC.

Tree limbs, etc, powerlines down in a few spots perhaps for more than a day. Main PITA is air travel/transport interruptions.

"Stormy May Day"-AC/DC

More of an TEOTWAWKI song, but good none the less