djg0770

O----kay

I went to Home Depot - no generators, no D batteries, no sump pumps, no mops or buckets.

I went to Walmart - no camping lanterns, flashlights, D batteries, eggs, milk, bread.

I went to Kmart - they still had arrows and buck piss and buck grunters (and they were on sale) but were out of all the stuff that Walmart was out of days ago.

I've come to a very very simple conclusion. Irene has got the North Eastern economy to do what others have been unable to get anyone to do and that is spend money willy nilly like a drunken sailor in a titty bar buying lap dances for everyone.

So - Irene :girlwerewolf: for President, she'll put America back to work! :sarcastichand:

• Like 2

I went to Home Depot - no generators, no D batteries, no sump pumps, no mops or buckets.

I went to Walmart - no camping lanterns, flashlights, D batteries, eggs, milk, bread.

I went to Kmart - they still had arrows and buck piss and buck grunters (and they were on sale) but were out of all the stuff that Walmart was out of days ago.

I've come to a very very simple conclusion. Irene has got the North Eastern economy to do what others have been unable to get anyone to do and that is spend money willy nilly like a drunken sailor in a titty bar buying lap dances for everyone.

So - Irene :girlwerewolf: for President, she'll put America back to work! :sarcastichand:

my fiance was saying the same thing..

This whole thong is turning into a major cluster f**k. I'm beginning to wonder if any one can think for themselves. News tells people to stock up on food and water so the lemmings run out and buy everything in sight. Supermarket shelves are empty, Make sure you have food for 3 days? Why?

If you wind up needing 3days of food it will be spoiled by the time you need it.

Just another "Storm of the century" media blitz.

Use some common sense folks

Oh and as to the economy watch how much of these neccesities are returned on Monday.

If you wind up needing 3days of food it will be spoiled by the time you need it.

the canned soup I picked up while at the store really didn't put me out much and it will provide food for DAYS.. I have a propane powered stove to cook it.. again.. hardly expensive.. even if I don't eat the soup this week.. I will eventually eat it.. no huge loss..

I've been lucky enough to not have had a reason to hit any of the big stores this week. Now, as it turns out, I need a freakin bolt cutter to fix something, which means I gotta drag my sorry as$ to big orange hell (aka Home Depot) at an unholy hour of the morning in the hopes that I can avoid all the last minute shoppers. :facepalm:

But at least I'll be stimulating the economy

My buddy who is a HD mgr said they were bringing in 75 generators at about 4 am this morning. He said people were calling off the charts for generators. He doesn't expect them to last till noon.

I have to go to home depot twice a day or so... What a zoo.

This is kinda funny, all the sheep running nuts.

I've been prepared since 1996. (father instilled some depression era knowledge in me)

**KMART has buck piss and arrows? I'm there. If I cant buy chicken noodle soup, I'll eat venison. :icon_mrgreen:

Sheeple is the word of the day....

If you ONLY have food for three days AND said food is contingent on power. You have purchased the wrong type of food

Well, my early morning HD (Clifton) run was uneventful. I kind of expected a lot more people to be there, even at 7am. Like others have said, no D batteries, no flashlights (I think I saw a AAA husky pen light still available), and no generators. Plenty of buckets tho (I picked up a couple cuz you can never have too many). Also saw a bunch of tarps, heavy duty trash bags, gloves, saws, pry bars, etc. They had a few bungee cords and other tie down devices, but they seemed to be going quick.

Unfortunately, the bolt cutter didn't work out quite how I was hoping, so it was largely a wasted trip. I did pick up some Dunkin Donuts on the way back tho... gotta try to use up some of this toilet paper ;)

**KMART has buck piss and arrows? I'm there. If I cant buy chicken noodle soup, I'll eat venison. :icon_mrgreen:

Yes, Kmart still maintains a hunting section which apparently if you reside in a more urban area is a little known secret as much of the stock ends up on clearance at the end of the season. The arrows are not "professional grade" or name brand, but to pickup a dozen carbon arrows for about $12... You get the point.

I agree with Rain Man - Kmart sucks, but I occasionally find good deals there.

My total storm investment is 50 bucks. I bought plywood and boarded up. Thats it. My surefire kit http://www.surefire.com/M962XM07WEAPONLIGHTKIT comes with plenty of 10 year batteries in addition to all the reguler flashlights around the house. If power cuts out we will be grilling everything before it goes bad so I will eat well :). If it gets to be long we will all jump in the truck and take a mini vacay to PA. I used to have a good sized generator but I sold it because I felt it would never really be practical if the issue was long enough to require one.

2 out of 5 stars... real winner right there.

ETA: Much better option... http://www.amazon.com/Garrity-Power-Lite-Crank-Light/dp/B001L5TM1G/ref=pd_cp_hi_3

Hmmm. Well I was more interested in pointing out that flashlight like that exisisted.

I do like that model you linked to though.

Thinigs is, all anyone has to do is do somehthing like plan a hunting trip or go sailing for a week and they end up with nearly everything the red cross has reccomended for this sort of thing.

Most of my prep work was clearing stuff away, cleaning out the gutters and getting the in-laws on the road.

After they left things started looking up. :whistle:

I have a couple of those shake flashlights - they take FOREVER to charge up the batteries........ not worth it.

Perfectly acceptable if everyone is going to buy up C and D batteries.

10 minues tops for me,, then you keep it going and it takes nothing.