Malsua

Cherry Ridge

Judging by the volume of water down at Canistear and the fact that the gate was closed, it wouldn't surprise me if CR has some more repair to do after Irene.

The last time it flooded, the water wasn't as bad as this at Canistear so I can imagine there's some fairly soggy ranges right now. Maybe they dodged the bullet.

cr-8-28.jpg

there is a cherry ridge hot line number, i don't know it off hand, but it is listed on the cherry ridge / anjrpc website.

BUT last time they had this happen they didn't want any help due to "insurance" reasons and they hired a company to do most of the work. But it wouldn't hurt to call.

As of right now the range is looking ok. Not sure if it will be open first thing in the am there are some trees and debris that need to be cleaned up. The last major damage was caused by a beaver dam breaking about a mile above the ponds. The surge of water caused the major damage last time. We did not have that but the winds did knock a few things out.

We contracted all of the heavy machinery work to a member who gave us a really great price. The board decided based on insurance input that we should not have volunteers help the last time because there was so many dangerous issues to address so we hired and contracted a company that had their own people and machinery. Don't blame the board on that one it was the lawyers!

Hotline # is here http://www.anjrpc.org/?page=Range_schedule

A beaver dam? Thats almost funny but for the havoc it caused. At least its good to know its not a site specific issue prone to repitition. Hopefully them beavers got a refresher course in engineering since last time! And Anthony, thanx again for some authoritive CR info.

A beaver dam? Thats almost funny but for the havoc it caused. At least its good to know its not a site specific issue prone to repitition. Hopefully them beavers got a refresher course in engineering since last time! And Anthony, thanx again for some authoritive CR info.

You are very welcome. Bill Oneil who has been a member for 50 years said that he had never seen such damage before! Hopefully it will be another 50 years. We have now included monitoring the beaver dam to insure it never happens again.

On a side note it seems that most if not all membership issues have been resolved. I posted a hotline on the forum as well as many other places and it seems there are no more mix ups or cross ups at the moment.

Anthony

Troy is north of the problems and should be able to jump across at greenpond, go north to canistear and make it to cherry ridge. Though I don't know what canistear looks like.

23 to 287 is fine. Canistear is fine.

North on 287 is a problem, so Green Pond on the way up.

Will the new member orientation still take place this coming Sunday 9/4? I want to sign up with my dad.

Thanks Anthony for sorting everything out. I've been lurking here on the board for 6 months or so and been hesitant to join ANJRPC after reading about all the problems, but it seems to me like they've got things sorted out and are moving in the right direction.

Will the new member orientation still take place this coming Sunday 9/4? I want to sign up with my dad.

Thanks Anthony for sorting everything out. I've been lurking here on the board for 6 months or so and been hesitant to join ANJRPC after reading about all the problems, but it seems to me like they've got things sorted out and are moving in the right direction.

Hello, yes this Sunday please arrive early. We have many new upgrades/changes in the range budget.

Thank you for your support.

• Like 1