AS350Driver

Old Bridge USPSA 9-25-11

Hmm, Cherry Ridge is closed this weekend...

I know nothing of USPSA. If I have a setup that's legal for IDPA, any reason I wouldn't be able to use it for a USPSA match? I've got a glock 19, an IWB comp tac holster and a cheapo double mag pounch.

I could be wrong, but I don't think IWB holsters are legal for USPSA. You will also need way more mags/mag holders than IDPA.

Hmm, Cherry Ridge is closed this weekend...

I know nothing of USPSA. If I have a setup that's legal for IDPA, any reason I wouldn't be able to use it for a USPSA match? I've got a glock 19, an IWB comp tac holster and a cheapo double mag pounch.

You can use an IWB.

You will need a 2nd mag pouch holder to carry at least 4 mags on your belt.

This is def gonna be rained out. Wanna know why? I just set up my new Double Alpha belt with my new to me Double Alpha mag pouches I got from the classifieds on Brian Enos Forums. That's why it will be a rainy mess.

I knew you all would have a great day with no rain to get the match in being at the last minute I had to change my plans and work today, but that's ok a little OT to pay for the Dillon 650 I picked up and the savings on the ammo I would have shot today is making me feel better, well not really but if I say it enough it might sound better.

Harry

Was this your first USPSA match RAy ray? How was it? enjoy it?

I don't do gun games. It COULD be enjoyable if it wasn't all about time and "cutting corners". Take away the finger-point pre shooting, the ridiculous holsters, the team uniforms, the tight shorts and funny looking guns and it might be a good trainer.

• Like 2

I would say approx 70 people showed up. We had 7 stages but only 6 squads. We didn't get backed up at all. Fun day.

Got squadded with all the GM's and Master shooters. Wow. Those guys are fast.

It looked like all the Pinoys had their own squad.

Ray Ray,

there is nothing practical about USPSA. It is a gun game.

In the beginning, focus on accuracy. If you do not care about score, use it as a way to practice.

And those "jersees" are really comfy shooting shirts. =P

Ray Ray,

there is nothing practical about USPSA. It is a gun game.

In the beginning, focus on accuracy. If you do not care about score, use it as a way to practice.

And those "jersees" are really comfy shooting shirts. =P

True, very true.

And you can use "practical gear" as a way to practice. Just have to forget about finishing well against the race guns.

True, very true.

And you can use "practical gear" as a way to practice. Just have to forget about finishing well against the race guns.

I wore camo shorts and a Billabong t-shirt. Old New Balance sneaks. I shoot a stock Beretta, the only mod I have is a D-spring. I use a blade tek holster, and up until I got a great deal on Double Alpha mag pouches I use standard kydex mag pouches.

You don't compete against those race guns. Shoot Production Division. It's like buying a gun off the shelf and showing up to shoot. No external mods allowed at all. The race gun guys might be in your squad but it's not like you shoot against them. Shooting Production Division is basically using practical gear.

I go out and have fun, I dont worry about cutting corners or gaming the stage as they call it. Hell, my cousin and I always have a side bet for a head shots only stage. We pick a stage and try to shoot all head shots on it. We get weird looks all the time. I don't care because I am out there to have fun. If you aren't having fun then you are doing it wrong.

• Like 1