Sign in to follow this  
db1775

Star-Ledger Anti-CCW Editorial

"But if this federal law passes, anyone with a permit from a lax state like Florida — where more than a thousand convicts, including violent offenders, have been allowed to carry hidden guns — also could do so here."

I'd love to see where the hell they got that one from.

"But if this federal law passes, anyone with a permit from a lax state like Florida — where more than a thousand convicts, including violent offenders, have been allowed to carry hidden guns — also could do so here."

I'd love to see where the hell they got that one from.

They got it from their "Big Binder of Bull Poo Facts: Edition 24"

Lived there for a year, and was around all kinds of unsavory places and not once did I see anyone pull some OK Coral stunt, or High Noon face off at 10 paces. There was only 1 or 2 murders out of the year there and they were done with knives, or a blunt object. The only time a gun was used in a crime was an assault that ended up with a police shoot out in front of a Steak and Shake. And thats because it was over drugs. For a city of over 119,000 crime rate was absurdly low. The same could be said of the whole state. The Star Ledger's 'facts' are so skewed its disgusting.

• Like 1

if my 2nd amendment rights are limited to 18th century arms because thats when the 2nd amendment was made, then they have to print these articles on manual presses and deliver them on horseback otherwise ITS NOT WHAT THE FOUNDING FATHERS HAD IN MIND! /endrant

• Like 3

Here is my reply in the comment section there.

"Some clarifications might be in order. There are laws on the books in all 50 states (including Florida) that ban violent offenders, convicts and felons from obtaining guns. Furthermore, ALL States require a State, Federal background check, fingerprints and photographs, in addition to a mandatory safety and shooting course for a CCW permit. The National Right to Carry Reciprocity is not 'about' the NRA or any organization.

It is about the right for law abiding citizens to defend themselves and their family legally regardless in what State they are in. HR 822 is law for the people and the right to protect themselves. This seems something that New Jersey seems to have a hard time dealing with. Trusting its own people.....unlike over 40 states that do trust its law abiding citizens."

• Like 7

That dope states in the article that cops can get permits to carry concealed. Doesn't that dipshit know that cops are protected under LEOSA and thus do not need a permit? And, since the article is about handguns, why the hell are they showing pictures of long rifles? How in the hell did these intellectually devoid simians pass journalism school? We really do have a state full of morons, and unfortunately they buy this crap hook, line, and sinker. Some of the comments after the article make me long to move to a state where the average I.Q. is above 50.

"Some clarifications might be in order. There are laws on the books in all 50 states (including Florida) that ban violent offenders, convicts and felons from obtaining guns. Furthermore, ALL States require a State, Federal background check, fingerprints and photographs, in addition to a mandatory safety and shooting course for a CCW permit. The National Right to Carry Reciprocity is not 'about' the NRA or any organization.

Everything I bolded above was completely untrue. Not "ALL States" require:

- State checks,

- Fed checks,

- Fingerprints,

- Photographs,

- Safety training, or

- a shooting course.

Several require none of those. Most require half or less of those.

• Like 1

Midwest: with your permission I would love to co-opt most of what you posted as MY reply on another op-ed blog. Excellent, excellent logic and wordsmithing, thanks!

It's also completely wrong. But don't let that stand in your way. Run with it. Just like the Brady Bunch. Make up some **** that sounds good and ruins your credibility.

:(

I wouldnt be surprised if Senator Lautenmummy called in a favor to the paper to post a ANTI article to bolster up the fight against HR822 , they know a storm is coming and were getting stronger and stronger here in NJ , its only a matter of time before we start winning some battles !!!!

I wouldnt be surprised if Senator Lautenmummy called in a favor to the paper to post a ANTI article to bolster up the fight against HR822 , they know a storm is coming and were getting stronger and stronger here in NJ , its only a matter of time before we start winning some battles !!!!

Sounds like Lautenberg wrote it himself.

The enemy screams the loudest right before his demise. :scenic:

That dope states in the article that cops can get permits to carry concealed. Doesn't that dipshit know that cops are protected under LEOSA and thus do not need a permit? And, since the article is about handguns, why the hell are they showing pictures of long rifles? How in the hell did these intellectually devoid simians pass journalism school? We really do have a state full of morons, and unfortunately they buy this crap hook, line, and sinker. Some of the comments after the article make me long to move to a state where the average I.Q. is above 50.

Retired NJ officers still have to get an NJ state permit to carry after we pull the pin. Previous AG's have stated that were waiting to prosecute an NJ LE Retiree who was caught carrying under LEOSA alone..and i have ZERO doubt Dow wouldnt jump at the chance either.

Are you kidding me? I can't believe they could successfully prosecute that.

They dont care...it isnt THEIR money paying for it, it's Yours, and the poor Schmuck who has to pay for his Defense. Just one more example of how Other states treat NJ residents better than their own Home does.

Retired NJ officers still have to get an NJ state permit to carry after we pull the pin. Previous AG's have stated that were waiting to prosecute an NJ LE Retiree who was caught carrying under LEOSA alone..and i have ZERO doubt Dow wouldnt jump at the chance either.

Since LEOSA is a Fed law, how can NJ require you to have a state permit? LEA ID is all that is required per the law.

YOU tell the AG that....i Dont have an extra $50-90K lying around to test those waters.

Kpdpipes. A Scottish kilt wearing guy from Kearny? Sorry, off topic, but I just noticed your screen name. I know Kearny very well. I grew up riding dirt bikes behind the oval. Good old Hudson county style.