Tactical Turtle

found a really cheap ammo guy in nj

I just got a email back from http://ammoman.com/index.htm, on his website it said he would not ship to nj, so I asked him if I could come pick it up. Here is the response I got.....

We do offer retail hours Mon-Friday 9:00am-11:00am 12:30pm -2:00pm. We also do offer $20 dollars off a full case and $10 dollars off of a half case for pick up. We also offer 3% cash discount, And also accept credit cards. To purchase pistol ammo you must have a New Jersey Firearms ID card. You must also call the day you are coming and make an appoinment. Thank you for your buisness!!

Thanks -Ammoman.com Phone: 856-767-8835 Fax: 856-767-3877 Email: [email protected]

So yeah a case of .40 s&w I can get for as low as 289 with tax. Anyone out there ever use this guy?? It's a hour drive for me, but I was driving to pa to buy 3 100 count winchester boxes, and for the added 10 minute drive u really save!!!!

Ammoman is pretty much right around the corner from me , its located in a business complex and doesnt have a store front , basically you buzz to get in go to the girl sitting behind the desk tell her what your there for and somebody goes in the back and brings it out , his prices are ok but have found if you catch the sales on the internet you make out better .

I always thought his prices were a bit high, then realized shipping was included. Though some are still a bit high.

I was on the fence about going down there a couple weeks ago. He had 1000rds of Wolf for $220. If I went down there, it would be a flat $200. The thing is, he is 90min from me. So that alone is a half-day trip, going through close to a half tank of gas round trip (about $20).

So that 20 bucks I am saving I am using for gas which isn't TOO bad. But when I can click a few buttons and get the same 1000rds to my doorstep for $225, AND not have to take half a day to drive down there to get it, it is MUCH more convenient for me.

It's about 3 gallons of gas for me at 90 mile total trip, plus I'm paying cash to, I never liked ordering ammo online, told it was illegal by a few guy at the job since your not showing ur fid card. I guess with there logic when I goto pa though I'm breaking the same law lol I'm gunna try it out see what happens

It's about 3 gallons of gas for me at 90 mile total trip, plus I'm paying cash to, I never liked ordering ammo online, told it was illegal by a few guy at the job since your not showing ur fid card. I guess with there logic when I goto pa though I'm breaking the same law lol I'm gunna try it out see what happens

You were told wrong.

• Like 1

That requirement is on the shipper, not you. Some online retailers require you to send a fax of your NJ FID. Use one of them if you feel better about it. I believe AIM Surplus and Lucky Ammo are two that do.

Personally I think the prices he is charging for .40 s&w to be pretty good. When you account for the $20 off the case price, it's worth it and especially with free shipping, even if you pay the tax.

He certainly has changed his tune since I tried to deal with him about 7-8 years ago.

He was such a nice guy back then that he can take his $20 and his case of ammo and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Haha, will never buy from him.

Asked him a while ago about buying a case of gold medal match 308, no discount on a full case, not even shipping. Acted like a complete asswipe.

Plently more good people who deserve the business.

well to no surprise i had to email him, some how in a 1 hour period the 40s&w lawman he had on sale for 299 a case, minus the 20 and 3% i was gunna go buy is off the website. so me being me i started looking again, he does offer some Siberian ammo called prvi partizan, its brass cased, and from what i see onlineit doesnt have horrible reviews. and at 285 a case, minus 20 and the 3% its a steal. so any one have any experience with this? other choices i started looking at federal champion 40s&w 180 grainat 299.80 a case shipped good deal?? cant find it cheaper when i google it or CCI Blazer Brass 40 S&W grain FMJ 180 grain at 290 shipped, is it worth the 10 bux to get the federal?? and people have experiances with the 3 ammos here. I need ot get to the range, and have alone time before i qualify, so why not buy a case, shoot 700 rounds over the next month, with a few practice qualification rounds, and then bring the remaining 300 to qualify with. just taking this precaution because i shoot a glock 21sf as a duty weapona dn a 40 off duty, so i wanna make sure i can shoot it, that being said i have 100 .45 rounds laying around i can practice with to to get warmed up, the 45 is easier to shoot for some reason. but yeah any one any experience with these ammo makers

well to no surprise i had to email him, some how in a 1 hour period the 40s&w lawman he had on sale for 299 a case, minus the 20 and 3% i was gunna go buy is off the website. so me being me i started looking again, he does offer some Siberian ammo called prvi partizan, its brass cased, and from what i see onlineit doesnt have horrible reviews. and at 285 a case, minus 20 and the 3% its a steal. so any one have any experience with this? other choices i started looking at federal champion 40s&w 180 grainat 299.80 a case shipped good deal?? cant find it cheaper when i google it or CCI Blazer Brass 40 S&W grain FMJ 180 grain at 290 shipped, is it worth the 10 bux to get the federal?? and people have experiances with the 3 ammos here. I need ot get to the range, and have alone time before i qualify, so why not buy a case, shoot 700 rounds over the next month, with a few practice qualification rounds, and then bring the remaining 300 to qualify with. just taking this precaution because i shoot a glock 21sf as a duty weapona dn a 40 off duty, so i wanna make sure i can shoot it, that being said i have 100 .45 rounds laying around i can practice with to to get warmed up, the 45 is easier to shoot for some reason. but yeah any one any experience with these ammo makers

There is no Siberian country. It is Serbia.

Siberia is a part of Russia.

In any case, Prvi makes good ammo, and actually makes the Wolf Gold line of ammo for Wolf.

I use Prvi for alot of military calibers for new brass, tough to beat.

There is no Siberian country. It is Serbia.

Siberia is a part of Russia.

In any case, Prvi makes good ammo, and actually makes the Wolf Gold line of ammo for Wolf.

I use Prvi for alot of military calibers for new brass, tough to beat.

I agree, always had good experiences with PPU.

Their .380 ammo is the only ammo I've used that functions in all the .380's I've tried.

He forgot to mention to you that he will charge you 7% sales tax and last time i was there he told me that his prices include the 3%cash discount.

For me its better off to buy my ammo from Paul(PK90)or Aimsurplus

I just got a email back from http://ammoman.com/index.htm, on his website it said he would not ship to nj, so I asked him if I could come pick it up. Here is the response I got.....

We do offer retail hours Mon-Friday 9:00am-11:00am 12:30pm -2:00pm. We also do offer $20 dollars off a full case and $10 dollars off of a half case for pick up. We also offer 3% cash discount, And also accept credit cards. To purchase pistol ammo you must have a New Jersey Firearms ID card. You must also call the day you are coming and make an appoinment. Thank you for your buisness!!

Thanks -Ammoman.com Phone: 856-767-8835 Fax: 856-767-3877 Email: [email protected]

So yeah a case of .40 s&w I can get for as low as 289 with tax. Anyone out there ever use this guy?? It's a hour drive for me, but I was driving to pa to buy 3 100 count winchester boxes, and for the added 10 minute drive u really save!!!!

The 7% sales tax kills it. I went there the other day cause I was bored and my friend and I got a couple things...the 3% cash discount was good, the prices were ok, but the 7% sales tax killed it.

I will continue to order from the internet. Not only will I save money, I can click a couple buttons and have it on my doorstep in a couple days.

The 7% sales tax kills it. I went there the other day cause I was bored and my friend and I got a couple things...the 3% cash discount was good, the prices were ok, but the 7% sales tax killed it.

I will continue to order from the internet. Not only will I save money, I can click a couple buttons and have it on my doorstep in a couple days.

Yes, but some people prefer cash to buy ammo.