DevsAdvocate

Evolution of the rifle...

I think their ranges are highly suspect....

What gets me is the stats on the M14... I mean, yeah, 750 rounds/min... if you're using it as an AA gun.

And the M-16 and M-4 are not really that effective at 600+m... I'd put that at like 200-300m realistically. Unless you're aiming at a mannequin on a calm clear day with a straight line of sight...

I found this one. First person that can tell me what's wrong with this picture gets a cookie. (Hint: Look at the Garand. Lol)

FN SCAR too.

"The barrel is also telescoping and foldable"

That sounds like some extra special steel.

I think the 1903 as well is wrong (bolt handle looks to sharply curved down) though it may be just the angle of the picture. Also I am no expert on the M-4 but I think you need a new upper to switch it from right to left handed not just a new bolt.

Never mind about the 1903's bolt it's just the angle of the picture, though technically it is a M1903A3 not the M1903 as the rear sight is mounted on the receiver.

i dont know what they hell theyre talking about in the M4 paragraph. a new bolt and 'moving a blanking cap from left to right'??? why do they let someone who cant tell their a** from a muzzle write about guns

Considering both the M-4 and M-16 have the ejection port on the wrong side (lefty rifles), I don't think this graphic holds water. :icon_e_wink:

What gets me is the stats on the M14... I mean, yeah, 750 rounds/min... if you're using it as an AA gun.

And the M-16 and M-4 are not really that effective at 600+m... I'd put that at like 200-300m realistically. Unless you're aiming at a mannequin on a calm clear day with a straight line of sight...

The maximum effective range of the M16A2 through A4 is 800m for area for targets and 550m for point targets. Anyone who has qualified on the KD range knows that the rifle is very accurate at 500m with iron sights even on windy/rainy days.

What???? No Trapdoor Springfield????? Did Custer die in vain????

Seriously, for an excellent read on this topic, try Alexander Rose's American Rifle. I read for entertainment and didn't think I could get into this, but it turned out to be reaaly well written and interesting. Went through it in a couple days.

Adios,

Pizza Bob