creeper

Disturbing development at Cherry Ridge Range

Cameras at the Range  

53 members have voted

1. 1. You are a member at CR, do you want cameras at the range?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am too afraid to take a stance

hey moderator if you are going to delete my posts and my ability to defend myself , just ban me now and GFY!

apparently if you speak up to one of the "boys" your posts get deleted!

No one is deleting any posts, except removing your GFY's. If you can't defend yourself without having to go to swearing, you should not post here. Btw, way to go with trying to get people to agree with you by insulting the guys who give you a medium for expressing yourself.

Is a Mod deleting posts? If so Mod, you're making a mess of this thread.

I was having fun watching all this keyboard bravado....

BTW if you can't be civil don't post you little weiners. This goes for everybody...

No one is deleting anything Frank. Back to your corner. Let the entertainment continue.

No one is deleting any posts, except removing your GFY's. If you can't defend yourself without having to go to swearing, you should not post here. Btw, way to go with trying to get people to agree with you by insulting the guys who give you a medium for expressing yourself.

OK fair enough , My cursing was out of line , I will keep that in check from now on! but the posts were gone there for a while!

Your posts were never deleted, just Unapproved until I could further see what sh-t you were stirring up, creeper. My advice is that if you have personal issues with a person, contact them personally. If you want to air your dirty laundry everywhere, I'm sure most people don't want to deal with it-- and, in most cases, it will be dealt with.

As a member of this forum, I have seen people like you come and go. Unfortunately, in that same process many of the longstanding members, who do not hold any sway over how things are run here, have left. I say unfortunately because while no special favors were done for these members, they contributed in a positive manner, and the void left by their choice to not contribute anymore is a loss for everyone. As a member, and not a moderator, I respect what you're trying to discuss. I respect it because I choose to take that mentality that you might have something to possibly contribute. I do not hold anything against you because I think your perspective and mannerisms and first impressions are ridiculous because maybe there is hope. Maybe you can salvage what it is that annoys me as a reading member of this forum.

As a moderator, yes, I again respect your opinion and perspectives that you had shared. I respect them even if I do not agree because it is just fine to not share opinions, but it is not fine to insult and berate someone because you do not agree with them. As a moderator, I see that your actions have indeed fallen into berating. This is unacceptable, and, in turn, I, as a moderator, Unapproved your posts until I could get a better picture of what was going on so that the inciting and petty squabbles amongst people on a public forum (both figuratively and literally) would be squashed. This action of squashing has nothing to do with your opinion or your perceived opinion of moderators protecting certain members. The squashing has to do with your lack of tact and, well, overt use of cursing to attack someone personally.

As both a member and moderator, I won't add to any discussion because what has been said has been said. I only have to add that if you want to make a show out of yourself, do it in a better way. There are plenty of positive things you can do, and still maintain that spotlight you so crave.

If you have any personal questions regarding this matter, please contact me.

And, again for good measure, if you have concerns or questions, please contact me by personal message. (Yes, I wrote it twice because everybody always seems to fail to read this line, and then continues their discourse publicly, which is, in fact, counter-productive.)

• Like 1

So, Creeper, we are "A bunch of North Jersey Guys that voted for Omaba" Huh?

Just to be fair I posted that, not Creeper :icon_e_wink:

I am not saying everyone here is like that, but this is by far the most liberal gun forum I have ever seen.

...back to regularly scheduled programining.

Creeper, why does it scare you that more than 50% of the people want camera's at the range. Not everyone is primarily concerned with the slight lottery chance that it would come to an AG pulling tapes from the range.

Here is news for you, The AG and State Police already know you are CR member. Every year, private clubs submit a database of who is a member.

I would believe that most people are siding on the side of wanting to protect their own club interests ahead of anything else.

Btw, I take it you also disabled the black box in your car, your vehicle does not come with OnStar, and you dont step foot into a convenience stores/taxicab or any office buildings with elevators, because they have cameras.

Your posts were never deleted, just Unapproved until I could further see what sh-t you were stirring up, creeper. My advice is that if you have personal issues with a person, contact them personally. If you want to air your dirty laundry everywhere, I'm sure most people don't want to deal with it-- and, in most cases, it will be dealt with.

As a member of this forum, I have seen people like you come and go. Unfortunately, in that same process many of the longstanding members, who do not hold any sway over how things are run here, have left. I say unfortunately because while no special favors were done for these members, they contributed in a positive manner, and the void left by their choice to not contribute anymore is a loss for everyone. As a member, and not a moderator, I respect what you're trying to discuss. I respect it because I choose to take that mentality that you might have something to possibly contribute. I do not hold anything against you because I think your perspective and mannerisms and first impressions are ridiculous because maybe there is hope. Maybe you can salvage what it is that annoys me as a reading member of this forum.

As a moderator, yes, I again respect your opinion and perspectives that you had shared. I respect them even if I do not agree because it is just fine to not share opinions, but it is not fine to insult and berate someone because you do not agree with them. As a moderator, I see that your actions have indeed fallen into berating. This is unacceptable, and, in turn, I, as a moderator, Unapproved your posts until I could get a better picture of what was going on so that the inciting and petty squabbles amongst people on a public forum (both figuratively and literally) would be squashed. This action of squashing has nothing to do with your opinion or your perceived opinion of moderators protecting certain members. The squashing has to do with your lack of tact and, well, overt use of cursing to attack someone personally.

As both a member and moderator, I won't add to any discussion because what has been said has been said. I only have to add that if you want to make a show out of yourself, do it in a better way. There are plenty of positive things you can do, and still maintain that spotlight you so crave.

If you have any personal questions regarding this matter, please contact me.

And, again for good measure, if you have concerns or questions, please contact me by personal message. (Yes, I wrote it twice because everybody always seems to fail to read this line, and then continues their discourse publicly, which is, in fact, counter-productive.)

Again , I was out of line , wont happen again!

• Like 1

...back to regularly scheduled programining.

Creeper, why does it scare you that more than 50% of the people want camera's at the range. Not everyone is primarily concerned with the slight lottery chance that it would come to an AG pulling tapes from the range.

Here is news for you, The AG and State Police already know you are CR member. Every year, private clubs submit a database of who is a member.

I would believe that most people are siding on the side of wanting to protect their own club interests ahead of anything else.

Btw, I take it you also disabled the black box in your car, your vehicle does not come with OnStar, and you dont step foot into a convenience stores/taxicab or any office buildings with elevators, because they have cameras.

Its just a personal choice Maks, I dont like the intrusiveness of it . Thats all ! Im not anti-gov , tin foil hat wearing, Im not doing anything illegal , paranoid , or anything else thats been slung at me , I dont like the intrusiveness plain and simple. I have that right , just like they have the right to film. I would think that a letter or notification would be sent to the members , but to the best of my knowledge they failed to do that .

• Like 2

The difference is I pay good money to be a member , just as everyone else , we are the club , they didnt even ask us for our opinions.

• Like 1

I am not saying everyone here is like that, but this is by far the most liberal gun forum I have ever seen.

Define liberal?

However, you are absolutely right, although I would not choose the same tag, liberal.

Way too many firearms communities and people take a hard stance along the lines of "our way or the highway". What ends up happening is that such selective inbreeding of opinions has a tendency to scare off new people to the sport whom would otherwise be good firearms owners.

Keep in mind, the cheap bastards that we are, to quote a certain range beginning with Brick, ending in Armory, we need new people in order to make sure that our firearms freedoms are not taken away. If gun owners were strictly "What part of 2A don't you understand", there would be no gun rights, as the vast majority of the people do not view it that way.

I respect everyone's right to their opinion, whether I agree with it or not. That same mentality is what instructs the mods on this forum. The only reason we would edit or delete a post is because of personal attacks and or bad language. If a total anti gun liberal comes on the forum, I would give him a place to discuss their opinion as long as they abide by the rules. Over time, and with their experience, anyone will learn to appreciate or at the very least, tolerate the ideas of guns.

Look at my inlaws, from Russia, they really don't understand the reason for owning guns (and did not tell them exactly how much I own), however the way to make them understand is to show them firearms ownership as a safe enjoyable hobby, and that not every gun owner is a lunatic. (yes, those "conservative" gun owners are considered lunatics by everyone else). Today, I am taking my inlaw's to the range so they can take that extra step.

The way to win over people is not to call them idiots, liberals, stupid, morons, or tell them to go f themselves.

Liberal How Joel???? And I realize that you posted it initially after i went and read it, but The other Poster jumped right on the idea that anyone who didnt agree with him MUST be an Obama Voter. back to my Initial question..Explain how this forum is "Liberal"???

The difference is I pay good money to be a member , just as everyone else , we are the club , they didnt even ask us for our opinions.

See, here is a legit issue. Did the club just put them out of the blue, or did they take a vote or notify members?

What is the structure of CR, is the club owned by members like CJRPC is, or is it a private club that is owned by ANJRPC?

See, here is a legit issue. Did the club just put them out of the blue, or did they take a vote or notify members?

What is the structure of CR, is the club owned by members like CJRPC is, or is it a private club that is owned by ANJRPC?

CR is a representative republic, CJRPC is a democracy.

Liberal How Joel???? And I realize that you posted it initially after i went and read it, but The other Poster jumped right on the idea that anyone who didnt agree with him MUST be an Obama Voter. back to my Initial question..Explain how this forum is "Liberal"???

I am not looking to start a political argument here, and I thought we were not supposed to talk politics.

If politics are OK I will do a poll thread on who voted for Obama here and on the other site and we can see what the results say.

I am not looking to start a political argument here, and I thought we were not supposed to talk politics.

If politics are OK I will do a poll thread on who voted for Obama here and on the other site and we can see what the results say.

Do it in the politics section and I have no issues with it.

I can only speak for myself..I've voted for a Democrat ONCE, in a Local election to get rid of a Republican who ended up going to prison for Corruption.

Mark, what exactly is the structure at CR? Do the members have any vote on direct matters? Or they elect BOD who make decisions for them?

There is a BOD , apparently the members have no say in decisions that affect the club. Ive talked to quite a few members since yesterday and by at least a 5 to 1 margin they are against the camera's. granted its a very small sample that my results are born from.

There is a BOD , apparently the members have no say in decisions that affect the club. Ive talked to quite a few members since yesterday and by at least a 5 to 1 margin they are against the camera's. granted its a very small sample that my results are born from.

Yeah, but, what can you do about it?

See, Capitalism is all about "voting with your feet"

Except, in this case, you don't have a whole lot of other places to go...

This is not the first time in the last couple of weeks that an issue made by the BOD has caused a ruckus amongst some of the members. You obviously have not read any of those threads related to CR lately on this forum. Several of the CR members here are disillusioned by some recent decisions. This one, for me, is insignificant. I understand your point but it's likely that the video evidence is kept for one week (my guess) at best. This greatly limits your greatest concern of being railroaded by an overzealous prosecutor. Rather than going all F bomb on the forum, you'd be better served by researching which gun attorney you will call when the SHTF. That's far more important than some video which a good lawyer could (try to) get stricken from the evidence quickly.

This happens to be an instance where if an incident were to occur, either vandalism or murder/suicide that if the club did not have cameras half of the members would be up in arms as to why they have to pay more, why didn't the club install cameras etc. Basically, it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't decision.

Explain how this forum is "Liberal"???

This forum is by far the most liberal of all gun forums I have ever seen. Even the farthest right winger in NJ is a centrist at best, to much of the country.

Check out the Political section on the Saiga-12 boards sometime, and you will see exactly what I mean.

Do it in the politics section and I have no issues with it.

I can't find the politics section, so I am guessing I can't access it as a basic member?

CR is a board of directors who you elect that make the decisions for you. While I don't agree with said structure that's the way it is.

I also could give two shats about them filming me. I'm a frequent member there, and the crap that I see people pull is beyond laughable to the point it's not laughable at all because it's downright scary. Now if they use the cameras in a positive way to reprimand these people give them a warning next time their gone and stick to the rule then I'm all for it. But in the same token, the amount of money they spend could of spend entirely differently in better ways but when you have a board that makes decisions you end up with stuff like this and a 150k dollar a year payroll for a President. :popcorn:

Mark, what exactly is the structure at CR? Do the members have any vote on direct matters? Or they elect BOD who make decisions for them?

Members vote for the board and pay their dues, that's pretty much the extent of their impact on the club.

I suppose we could form a members union and show up at the meetings. I'm not sure the meetings are public knowledge so we'd need an inside guy, a conspirator if you will to give us the heads up.

I was kicked off that other forum for violating one rule. "I advertised without having a dealer account". I stated in a thread "I can't sell here, but contact me off site if you are interested in purchasing this item". Is that advertising? Maybe. But banned for that, because one member of site staff did not like that I had approval of the site owner to sell magazines, is a dictatorship. I have found a home on NJGF.

As far as the camera issue, anywhere you go there are cameras. Most retail stores and public buildings have cameras. Soon a lot of intersections will have them. It is what it is.

ha! first off it was another guy who made the claim , and yeah I agreed , this thread is typical of the eat your own mentality of a lot of so-called freedom loving gun owners. I spoke my mind and most here didnt like it . except for the few who voted NO in the poll , but didnt post for whatever reason. AND again they have the right to set ou camera's. The only thing more disturbing about camera's is the fact so many here have no problem with it.,

look I just want to explain my position to you.. so you don't get it all twisted....

YOU posted YOUR opinion..

this being America.. I disagreed with you and posted MY opinion..

if you don't want people to disagree with you.. it is best you avoid the internet altogether..

YOU posted you did not like cameras at a private range..

I posted that if you don't like the rules there.. then get out.. it is not your range.. you are using the facilities that belong to someone else..

this IS America.. a place where a private business owner should be able to do as he pleases.. guess what.. you are free as well.. don't like his rules.. pick up your toys and go play somewhere else.. our "whining" was initiated by YOUR whining.. you seem to want all the freedom in the world.. irregardless of how it impacts others.. you acknowledge YOU should have freedom.. but ignore the freedom a private business owner should expect..

do you get what im saying?

if not.. I will simply agree to disagree..

I suppose we could form a members union and show up at the meetings. I'm not sure the meetings are public knowledge so we'd need an inside guy, a conspirator if you will to give us the heads up.

Mark I would be all for this except like everything else, I doubt it would ever get off the ground / make head way with those retards over at CR.

I was kicked off that other forum for violating one rule. "I advertised without having a dealer account". I stated in a thread "I can't sell here, but contact me off site if you are interested in purchasing this item". Is that advertising? Maybe. But banned for that, because one member of site staff did not like that I had approval of the site owner to sell magazines, is a dictatorship. I have found a home on NJGF.

As far as the camera issue, anywhere you go there are cameras. Most retail stores and public buildings have cameras. Soon a lot of intersections will have them. It is what it is.

What site was this?