creeper

Disturbing development at Cherry Ridge Range

Cameras at the Range  

53 members have voted

1. 1. You are a member at CR, do you want cameras at the range?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am too afraid to take a stance

Why? What business is it of anyone else? We pay our dues and in return we should have access to the range when it is open. Period. NOBODY should be tracking how often we visit the range or when we visit the range. NOBODY should be watching and recording our comings & goings. That is complete nonsense. Again, that smacks of "guilty until proven innocent".

How about this - in addition to the video system, how about we also issue ankle bracelets to everyone. That's fine, right? No? Why not? What's the big deal? What are you afraid of? What are you hiding? What have you been up to? Why did you leave your home on Monday morning at 2am?

See where this kind of intrusive incrementalism leads?

Wow...... Your kidding right?

You know.... "THEY" are tracking you right NOW..... even that you are currently on a GUN FORUM!!!!..... OMG!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!

Wow...

Will the fobs be individualized or serialized somehow? Or will they all be the same? The gate will be at the beginning of Range Road? Or deeper into the property at the intersection with the POLICE phone?

Serialized. The gate will be at the intersection before the police phone with a bell to call clubhouse as well as a turnaround for wayward travelers.

Are you kidding???

No. If the fobs are individualized or serialized somehow that means that they can track the comings & goings of every member who visits the range.

Explain what business that is of anyone else.

The cameras are bad enough. If these fobs turn out to be serialized I will not renew my membership.

• Like 1

You know.... "THEY" are tracking you right NOW..... even that you are currently on a GUN FORUM!!!!..... OMG!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!

It's too late Troy, they are tracking him for now on, there is no escaping there grasp now. :sarcastichand:

Serialized. The gate will be at the intersection before the police phone with a bell to call clubhouse as well as a turnaround for wayward travelers.

Well, that's that then. What a shame. Tomorrow I'll contact ANJRPC to see if I can get back some of my dues...wish me luck, LOL!

Why? What business is it of anyone else? We pay our dues and in return we should have access to the range when it is open. Period. NOBODY should be tracking how often we visit the range or when we visit the range. NOBODY should be watching and recording our comings & goings. That is complete nonsense. Again, that smacks of "guilty until proven innocent".

How about this - in addition to the video system, how about we also issue ankle bracelets to everyone. That's fine, right? No? Why not? What's the big deal? What are you afraid of? What are you hiding? What have you been up to? Why did you leave your home on Monday morning at 2am?

See where this kind of intrusive incrementalism leads?

As it has been already stated, this is a free country and you can take your money to any range you want to. That is the beauty of our society, you have choices.

• Like 2

No. If the fobs are individualized or serialized somehow that means that they can track the comings & goings of every member who visits the range.

Explain what business that is of anyone else.

The cameras are bad enough. If these fobs turn out to be serialized I will not renew my membership.

Well on that note, you might want to skip driving to work, being there are cameras all over the place.

I could see a most wanted person not wanting to have any of this happening to them, but a person who is allowed to own firearms as they are not prohibited being a just a tad bit over the top,,,, just saying

I also have to wonder why someone would be so against any of this at a private club?

Well on that note, you might want to skip driving to work, being there are cameras all over the place.

I could see a most wanted person not wanting to have any of this happening to them, but a person who is allowed to own firearms as they are not prohibited being a just a tad bit over the top,,,, just saying

I also have to wonder why someone would be so against any of this at a private club?

The manner in which I spend my time is simply nobody elses business. It's just that simple.

I keep coming back to incremantalism thing ... it really bothers me. What's next after cameras and controlled access via serialized key fobs? Don't like the ankle bracelets? (yet!) ... then how about we require that each member and future applicants be "certified"?

As part of the certification process each member and all future applicants will be drug tested. Anyone who pops positive for drugs - including alcohol - will be denied membership. There will be random drug testing for existing members under this certification program. Current members who pop positive for drugs will have their membership revoked.

Sound good?

Of course I realize that I am outlining extreme examples with the ankle bracelets and drug testing, but I am trying to make a simple point .... that being, where does this end? How many new rules and procedures will we have to endure until we are considered 'safe'??

LOL - I'm using extreme examples to make a point guys...relax a little.

.....and IP tracking isn't that accurate anyhow, HAHAHA!

Other than working at McDonalds in high school, I've been drug tested prior to being employed at every job i've had. My current job I can get popped for a random drug or breathalyzer any day of the week. A privately owned range can make any the rule they want. If they want you to put on a clown suit prior to shooting there than thats up to them. As others have stated you are under no obligation to shoot there if you choose not to. Just look at how many people chose not to use Netflix anymore after raising rates.

• Like 2

WOW I really hope that you don't renew your membership to ANJRPC because you are clearly a looney bin with a tinfoil hat wrapped so tightly around your head that it's clearly starting to affect your mental abilities.

Anthony, that is amazing news to hear about the, I think it really is an awesome idea. I've been there on more than one occasion where a guy shows up, takes out his guns with no badge and just starts blasting away and handling himself in a manner that just isn't right. At least now if they do this, we will know they are a member and they will be more easily approached whereas someone who is shooting illegally I won't approach with a ten foot stick.

Like everyone has said already, if you think you aren't being tracked at all times you are going to be in for a rude awakening. Their are cameras all over the place, your phone is constantly tracking you, among many other things. I wasn't thrilled at the idea of cameras but seeing some of the rejects that are members at the range, now having proof to go grab an RO and have them review the video, and being able to handle that situation with proof instead of he said she said makes me quite happy.

Anthony, you said there is a list of things for the 18 month improvements. Can you give us an "entire" list of improvements instead of just a few things here or there? It would be nice to see what is planned for the future so us grumpy members can stop complaining about our money being spent in the wrong direction.

• Like 1

WOW I really hope that you don't renew your membership to ANJRPC because you are clearly a looney bin with a tinfoil hat wrapped so tightly around your head that it's clearly starting to affect your mental abilities.

Anthony, that is amazing news to hear about the, I think it really is an awesome idea. I've been there on more than one occasion where a guy shows up, takes out his guns with no badge and just starts blasting away and handling himself in a manner that just isn't right. At least now if they do this, we will know they are a member and they will be more easily approached whereas someone who is shooting illegally I won't approach with a ten foot stick.

Like everyone has said already, if you think you aren't being tracked at all times you are going to be in for a rude awakening. Their are cameras all over the place, your phone is constantly tracking you, among many other things. I wasn't thrilled at the idea of cameras but seeing some of the rejects that are members at the range, now having proof to go grab an RO and have them review the video, and being able to handle that situation with proof instead of he said she said makes me quite happy.

Anthony, you said there is a list of things for the 18 month improvements. Can you give us an "entire" list of improvements instead of just a few things here or there? It would be nice to see what is planned for the future so us grumpy members can stop complaining about our money being spent in the wrong direction.

I will get the list and post it.

HavocMan...

Would you rather have a keyfob or a range to shoot?

Signing in is what saved a range here in West Windsor from being closed.

An anti gun owner who bought a house besides the range complained about the noise. So he took a bullet, put it either in his house or outside. Called the cops to complain a bullet just came over the berm and to his house.

Police did investigation, only thing that saved the range was the fact that when the supposed shot left the range... there was no one at the range. Case Closed.

I heard all about that story Maksim. I have a friend that is a member there, plus I shoot there twice a week at their Trap Range and the guys around there told me the story also.

I believe that neighbor is why they had to put the large concrete tube in place for the high-power range. Anyone shooting a rifle is limited to shooting through that tube so bullets can't be shot up and over their backstop.

It would be cool if Old Bridge could put an electric gate on the outdoor range so we wouldn't have to get out, open the combination lock, open the gate, drive through, get back out, close the gate, lock the combo lock again.......... As far as I know there are no power lines going back there so that's the way it goes. Not bad when the wife is with me, but being alone is a PITA. We have a pretty good outdoor range there though.

Not sure how this will post it is from an Excel sheet and I am computer handicapped.

Please note that this is from the 18 month plan and early next year we will start to develop the next 18 month plan.

Where it say's new ranges we are still in the very early stages of taking an idea and developing a plan but of course $$ is needed to get the ball rolling so it is in the budget.

Since this was the first real pro active budget in a long time much of the items are boring but needed. I am hoping that the next budget will include more member perks and facilities.

Vending Machines Done

New rug in clubhouse Done

Fix Stairs in clubhouse Done

Signs for range entrance and all of range

Soft dirt on 25yd berm

Repair 100yd cover Done

Misc drainage issues on 300 Done

New radios for RSO's

Repair fire suppression system

Add range questions to election survey

Rifle stat house repairs Done

Vehicle maintenance Done

Clubhouse lights - exterior and stairs

Cameras - In process

Storage containers Done

Pistol range compressor

Fire exit stairs redo

Salt storage bin Done

AED/CPR/First Aid/Quick Clot Training

Computer access Gate with Key Fob

Regrade 100yd range

Replace 100yd range target butts

Add 25yd target butts

Rebuild high power shot pockets

New pistol ranges to be studied

Survey property w/topographic map

Clubhouse roof repairs

Patch road Done

Fire pump upgrade

Cut fire break

Computer in clubhouse for member online registration

Shotgun 5 stand to be evaluated

Shotgun pattern board area

Shotgun thrower - evaluation

Archery shooting tower/platform and all new targets

Realign/rebuild multipurpose range

Cover for multipurpose range

Pistol stat house/storage container or building

Wow - so I'm crazy because I don't want to be watched and tracked to an ever increasing degree? Because I don't like seeing my dues thrown away? LOL!

I'll try to make my simple point again... What's after the cameras and key fobs? What happens when someone circumvents them? What's going to happen when some anti-gunner walks onto the property from the other end of Range Road and starts snapping pics on a crowded Saturday afternoon? Or out of the woods from the back side of the club house? What good will the key fob investment have been? The BOD is becoming a little like the anti-gun movement - imposing 'reasonable' rules that only the 'good guys' wind up following.

About the cameras - have you guys seen how they are mounted in the rafters? They have a restricted view. A left handed rifleman has nothing to worry about! Looks like we might need to double up on the camera count...cha-ching!!

What happens when the cameras can't ID some clown? What's the solution if someone walks onto the property some night and tips over all the porta-johns? More cameras? cha-ching again! Yeah, just throw more money at it, that always works...

Give me a break.

I'll ask again - How has the range managed to prosper since 1935 without the cameras and key fobs?

Stop spending our dues on this kind of stuff.

Maybe the trustees and the BOD should spend their time and OUR money trying to find ways to make the shooting sports more enjoyable and accessable instead of adding more rules, regulations and restrictions. Just a thought.

• Like 2

Not sure how this will post it is from an Excel sheet and I am computer handicapped.

Please note that this is from the 18 month plan and early next year we will start to develop the next 18 month plan.

Where it say's new ranges we are still in the very early stages of taking an idea and developing a plan but of course $$ is needed to get the ball rolling so it is in the budget.

Since this was the first real pro active budget in a long time much of the items are boring but needed. I am hoping that the next budget will include more member perks and facilities.

Vending Machines Done

New rug in clubhouse Done

Fix Stairs in clubhouse Done

Signs for range entrance and all of range

Soft dirt on 25yd berm

Repair 100yd cover Done

Misc drainage issues on 300 Done

New radios for RSO's

Repair fire suppression system

Add range questions to election survey

Rifle stat house repairs Done

Vehicle maintenance Done

Clubhouse lights - exterior and stairs

Cameras - In process

Storage containers Done

Pistol range compressor

Fire exit stairs redo

Salt storage bin Done

AED/CPR/First Aid/Quick Clot Training

Computer access Gate with Key Fob

Regrade 100yd range

Replace 100yd range target butts

Add 25yd target butts

Rebuild high power shot pockets

New pistol ranges to be studied

Survey property w/topographic map

Clubhouse roof repairs

Patch road Done

Fire pump upgrade

Cut fire break

Computer in clubhouse for member online registration

Shotgun 5 stand to be evaluated

Shotgun pattern board area

Shotgun thrower - evaluation

Archery shooting tower/platform and all new targets

Realign/rebuild multipurpose range

Cover for multipurpose range

Pistol stat house/storage container or building

Can I suggest you start a new post with these items? I'd like to discuss the improvements and this thread isn't an appropriate place.

Mark.........NO!

-some like the drama!

I suppose. I just have questions, nothing negative to say. Personally I'd just moderate the crap out of it. Q/A only, no bitching, no "The world will end if you add 25 yard target holders to the rifle range" kind of BS.

I suppose. I just have questions, nothing negative to say. Personally I'd just moderate the crap out of it. Q/A only, no bitching, no "The world will end if you add 25 yard target holders to the rifle range" kind of BS.

Funny,

They want to add a few 25 yd target holders on one side of the rifle range for the tactical newbies.

Wow - so I'm crazy because I don't want to be watched and tracked to an ever increasing degree? Because I don't like seeing my dues thrown away? LOL!

I'll try to make my simple point again... What's after the cameras and key fobs? What happens when someone circumvents them? What's going to happen when some anti-gunner walks onto the property from the other end of Range Road and starts snapping pics on a crowded Saturday afternoon? Or out of the woods from the back side of the club house? What good will the key fob investment have been? The BOD is becoming a little like the anti-gun movement - imposing 'reasonable' rules that only the 'good guys' wind up following.

About the cameras - have you guys seen how they are mounted in the rafters? They have a restricted view. A left handed rifleman has nothing to worry about! Looks like we might need to double up on the camera count...cha-ching!!

What happens when the cameras can't ID some clown? What's the solution if someone walks onto the property some night and tips over all the porta-johns? More cameras? cha-ching again! Yeah, just throw more money at it, that always works...

Give me a break.

I'll ask again - How has the range managed to prosper since 1935 without the cameras and key fobs?

Stop spending our dues on this kind of stuff.

Maybe the trustees and the BOD should spend their time and OUR money trying to find ways to make the shooting sports more enjoyable and accessable instead of adding more rules, regulations and restrictions. Just a thought.

And yes I've already said it and yes I think you are crazy.

If you think the world is the same kind of place from 1935 until now, once again, you are crazy. The world is an entirely different place than it was in 1935 and with that comes changes. One of those changes is trying to protect ourselves from the lunatics that want to try and take our rights away.

The gate will be used as a deterrent, a lot of people, if they have to do extra work, will not go through with the extra work because they are lazy. So having the gate there will also help. It will also help keep out non-members that not belong there which I also support.

You do realize that any time you walk into a bank, a grocery store, or a million other places you are being recorded every single time. But I guess you don't go anywhere, you just sit in your home like a hermit because you don't want to be recorded and you already knew all of this, that you were being recorded 24-7 and that is why you stay home all the time.

Seriously pull your head out of your rear end and wake the hell up and take the tin foil hat off. You make the rest of us look bad with your psycho babble and useless rhetoric.

Good Lord!