magic7

RTSP Firearms

Well, I think now that the range is here (2 weeks from opening) and the location has been publicly released that they are deserving of their own thread with their real name for the title. Can't wait for opening day as this place is in my backyard. As posted in the other thread, they released this statement today. I also think it's good to have something with all the details about a range in one place since they often can be hard to find on the forum.

RTSP Firearms

RTSP Firearms - "Ladies & Gentlemen....RTSP has officially passed its final inspection and CO will be issued by Monday!! As most of you already know, (but have kept the little secret for us) RTSP is located in RANDOLPH, NJ...the official address is 961 Rt. 10 East, Unit 2F, Randolph, NJ 07869....PLEASE do us a favor, wait for our announcement of a soft opening date (probably within 7 - 10 days), so that we may prepare the building, get inventory in and work out the kinks associated with opening this type of facility....Until we open, we are still honoring the pre-open membership discount until our official opening date...Any questions please feel free to call us at the Range at 973-434-7600!!! Thanks for all your support during the build out and look forward to seeing you all at the range!!!

For those who don't know, here are some details:

Yearly Membership: $350 or $250 if purchased before they open their doors

Additional $75 for shotgun and rifle (Except 22LR)

Hourly Rate: $20

They are a licensed FFL

Actually it was unfair of me to post that post, without giving more info... but I was NJGF'ing while driving.

6 months ago when RTPS was introduced on the forum, they stated, at least what seemed to be a commitment that they would be NJGF vendors as they got closer to closing. A few weeks ago, I sent them a few PM's about that, to no response. The only response was in the other thread where they mentioned something along the lines of "we don't think the owner of this forum (me) wants them here," so to approach them personally at the range now that they are close to opening.

That is my personal gripe... but in any case, we all wish them well, as we need all the gun stores and ranges we can find in NJ.

My personal beliefs, the prices are ludicrous, at least by Central Jersey standards, where a full price membership is $250, and SS is doing $10 walk ons for NJGF members.

@ RTPS, it is $350 for yourself, plus $75 for rifle, plus tax... and you still cant bring your wife or girlfriend to shoot with you. By the time you add that in, you are at $535 with tax, per year. :alcoholic:

They are making themselves by far the most expensive range in the state.

I'm new here, and I agree with what you're saying about the prices. Also, it is only indoors, and only nine ports.

Having said that, I am joining. I am new. I need to practice. I live in the next town over (Roxbury) and I am more likely to shoot over to this place for a little practice than I am to drive an hour each way to another place. One of my kids swims a lot at the Y, which is nearby. Also, Shongum, which is probably the next closest range, has a huge waiting list.

I'll try it for a year at the discounted price.

Maybe I should get on the waiting list at Shongum.

• Like 1

I'm new here, and I agree with what you're saying about the prices. Also, it is only indoors, and only nine ports.

Having said that, I am joining. I am new. I need to practice. I live in the next town over (Roxbury) and I am more likely to shoot over to this place for a little practice than I am to drive an hour each way to another place. One of my kids swims a lot at the Y, which is nearby. Also, Shongum, which is probably the next closest range, has a huge waiting list.

I'll try it for a year at the discounted price.

Maybe I should get on the waiting list at Shongum.

Absolutely get on the Shongum list, and I would try Somerset Fish & Game if it is not too far from you.

I'm pretty surprised they haven't joined as a vendor. They've gotten so much free publicity from the forum, and it seems as tho a number of members have joined and even more (myself included) have said they would drop in to check the place out to at least try it out on an hourly basis. I don't know what it costs to be a vendor, but it seems like a no brainer for a new range to want the added exposure of being a forum vendor. Maybe they figured they got enough word of mouth going in the other thread that there's no need to be a vendor

As for the price being ludicrous compared to Central Jersey standards... I think the central jersey part is the key. There just aren't that many decent ranges up North which I guess means less competition and higher prices. Time will tell if they priced things appropriately or not

I'm pretty surprised they haven't joined as a vendor. They've gotten so much free publicity from the forum, and it seems as tho a number of members have joined and even more (myself included) have said they would drop in to check the place out to at least try it out on an hourly basis. I don't know what it costs to be a vendor, but it seems like a no brainer for a new range to want the added exposure of being a forum vendor. Maybe they figured they got enough word of mouth going in the other thread that there's no need to be a vendor

As for the price being ludicrous compared to Central Jersey standards... I think the central jersey part is the key. There just aren't that many decent ranges up North which I guess means less competition and higher prices. Time will tell if they priced things appropriately or not

One family membership would cover their vendor fees for the year.

The pictures on FB show that they have built a very high-end range, and it looks much nicer than any of the other indoor ranges I've seen.

The amount of glass cases in their showroom holds the promise of enormous inventory, which will be nice.

It's 42 minutes from my house according to google maps. The two ranges I belong to are CR (at 45 minutes) and MCRPC (at 45 minutes), so I won't be joining. I hate shooting indoors, and shoot outdoors all winter. If I need to shoot at night I'll join CJRPC or Somerset (I should join Somerset, it's only 25 minutes from my house and you can shoot until 11pm; rifle facilities suck but I have CR and MCRPC for that).

If they have good prices on firearms and have inventory deserving of those giant glass cases, I'll certainly looking at buying there.

Seems reasonable to have access to almost 2500 possible customers

Who knows, its not even that, Price Requests is the big one. We average about 5 a day now, and in the north, very few folks bothering to respond to them. The the fact that we get over 60,000 visitors a month to the forum, most from NJ. But oh well. Some just don't get it.

But its ok... Got another vendor coming from that area very very soon. Going up there next week to do first hand research about how they can help the njgf community, and they already committed to sponsoring the njgf shooting shirts.

I agree with the point about not allowing someone else to share a port with you without paying the same price, especially if they are using your guns. To me that is unreasonable. I've been pretty psyched about this range opening, but this really is a sore spot to me. I sometimes would like to bring my wife, who would only shoot a couple mag fulls tops. For her to pay the same price as me is a little ridiculous. I agree with not having a group of 4+ using the same port, but 1 other person? At least, charge only half for a 2nd shooter.

But I am looking forward to checking this place out once it opens. I'm especially curious to see what they will charge for guns, ammo, and other for sale items.

Perhaps they have had a full plate with the building and getting their suppliers all lined up. I would not be too fast to judge until someone actually talks to them and see if there is interest or not. I am not sure if someone there has actually been reading all the posts on the other thread but I hope they are. If they peruse the forum, they will see that we have very active shooters & GUN BUYERS!

On another note, my brother lives about 10 minutes from there (Mt Olive) and when I told him about it, he decided to drive by last week to see where it was. He was out front taking a picture with his phone to send me and someone came out and yelled at him. I told him (later) he should have told them he was a shooter and they probably would have shown him around the place.

I have seen there are 3 different RTSP users on the forum, 2 that were active this month and one that hasn't been for a long time. I was just wondering if anyone has PM'd them and let them know that there is a new thread about the range and maybe want to jump in.

I has been 3 days from the last time they signed in and with all thats going on with the final inspections, getting the CO and probably a million and 1 things to do to get ready to open. In other words they probably have a month or more of crap to get done in 2 or less weeks, so I doubt being on a forum on the INTERNET is at the top of there priority list.

Maybe we should all give them just a little time and see how it is when they open, maybe flip off a PM so they see we are looking for them. After all, there were a bunch of ideas they had that were quickly swayed the other way from all of our suggestions. Remember they are new to this, they are not opening a second location, this is there first dance.

Let let time tell how well they do and how well they listen to there customers, I also agree being a forum vendor would go a long way and probably pay for itself in the first month or less.

• Like 1

I agree about the pricing; it seems a little outrageous. For not much more than 2.5 years worth with a spouse you can get a Life membership to CR which includes the spouse AND kids and has probably way more options. The only upside I can think of is that you wouldn't have to switch ranges to switch between pistol and rifle, but are they going to have a 100/200/300 yard range, or is it going to be like every other indoor range where they have 25yd max? And who only shoots for an hour at a time? Maybe if I only brought 1 or 2 guns I could be done in an hour. Hopefully they add details about their facilities in the coming weeks because there is literally nothing on their website that I could find. I can't really complain about another choice for ranges in this neck of the state though.

I have seen there are 3 different RTSP users on the forum, 2 that were active this month and one that hasn't been for a long time. I was just wondering if anyone has PM'd them and let them know that there is a new thread about the range and maybe want to jump in.

I has been 3 days from the last time they signed in and with all thats going on with the final inspections, getting the CO and probably a million and 1 things to do to get ready to open. In other words they probably have a month or more of crap to get done in 2 or less weeks, so I doubt being on a forum on the INTERNET is at the top of there priority list.

Maybe we should all give them just a little time and see how it is when they open, maybe flip off a PM so they see we are looking for them. After all, there were a bunch of ideas they had that were quickly swayed the other way from all of our suggestions. Remember they are new to this, they are not opening a second location, this is there first dance.

Let let time tell how well they do and how well they listen to there customers, I also agree being a forum vendor would go a long way and probably pay for itself in the first month or less.

PM's were sent, but will fwd to the other user names as well.

It is no biggie either way. =)

As far as to the other vendor, I am meeting with them next week, and as long as they are on the up and up, will post them here. I do not want to repeat a BA.

• Like 1

Maks, I agree with the other posters who say we should not be too quick to judge them. It's quite possible that with everything else they have going on in preparation for opening, they just haven't gotten around to becoming a vendor on this forum yet.

I'm sure I'll spend some time there, especially in the winter; but I'm almost exactly a half hour from CR and the BH, and only about 20 minutes from the range in Paterson (which I haven't gotten around to trying yet), so I don't think I'll go for a membership at a place that's 40 minutes away.

Hello fellow shooters,

This is my first post on the forum and I would like to take this opportunity to say that not only is RTSP going to be a fulfilling and comfortable shooting experience, it is going to be a friendly and wholesome environment for all levels of enthusiasts.

Now, some of your concerns stated in previous threads (re-loads etc..) have been met with understanding and complete openness to change and compromise, that said, and as we move forward in this venture, you will come to find that not only are the partners in this business understanding of the communities needs, but we are professional in tackling the many and ever changing obstacles that come with running a successful business.

As you can imagine, a build-out of this magnitude is a process that has taken many years and tireless effort. There are many many bridges that we still need to traverse to get to our final objective. And yes, sponsoring this forum is definitely one of those bridges.

I am confidant that all of you that come to RTSP will be more than satisfied with your shooting experience and will find that the overall atmosphere, vast selection of firearms, coupled with our friendly easy-going attitudes will be more than commensurate to the nominal fees charged.

I look forward to meeting you all real soon.

I'm excited to go for some indoor time with my pistols. I wouldn't mind a discount on the occasion I bring one of my wife or one of my daughters to share a port and the guns.

Spoke with Brad, and getting fairly excited. In the next week or so, they will be vendors. Furthermore, they are taking all of the comments into consideration and will be looking at them. My own thought is they do want to take care of the shooters.

I have a quick question for RTSP. When they first put up their Facebook page, they had a poll for people to guess which town the range would be in. None of the choices were Randolph. Why was this done? I think that part was a bit misleading. Bascially, all those towns listed were a lot closer to me than Randolph is, and I got excited over nothing in the end.

I have a quick question for RTSP. When they first put up their Facebook page, they had a poll for people to guess which town the range would be in. None of the choices were Randolph. Why was this done? I think that part was a bit misleading. Bascially, all those towns listed were a lot closer to me than Randolph is, and I got excited over nothing in the end.

It was a trick to throw you off.