magic7

RTSP Firearms

This is my home range and is an excellent place to shoot. The staff is friendly and the place is very clean.

I'm a member, but don't even bother trying to go on weekends or after 6pm during the week. The place gets insanely packed and you'll wait over an hour for a lane.

I just got an e-mail that RTSP range is closed this Friday 2/1 for range maintenance.

Ed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They were having a lot of issues on Sunday with the target holders. I think they are going to be doing maintenance on those.

Waited an hour today at 2:30 in the afternoon today.

I don't think there's an advantage to joining. There are few member hours and there is a wait then anyway. Given its so hard to get in I don't go that much. I'm like the guy the gym loves: I join, I pay and don't go.

I won't pay to renew. I will go there anyway and pay the 20/hour. It'll be cheaper for me in the end.

I guess I've been lucky, because I've rarely had to wait for long. I must admit that I have mostly avoided the weekends.

Having been a member there since they opened, a little over a year ago, I'm a bit embarrassed to just be asking this question,

but what do the letters "RTSP" stand for?

Waited an hour today at 2:30 in the afternoon today.

I don't think there's an advantage to joining. There are few member hours and there is a wait then anyway. Given its so hard to get in I don't go that much. I'm like the guy the gym loves: I join, I pay and don't go.

I won't pay to renew. I will go there anyway and pay the 20/hour. It'll be cheaper for me in the end.

I gotta agree with you. I'm a member and it's never gotten me on the range any quicker because I'm usually waiting behind 2-3 other members.

Headed down to RTSP this morning as i've not had much chance to shoot during the last month. Arrived at 7:43am and surprised to see a queue already lined up outside considering they don't open until 8am. Once they opened I ended up having to wait as all ports were taken.

While I'd rather not have waited it is good to see more active participation in NJ in shooting and more people practicing even with the lower availability of ammunition.

Up until early Dec I never had to wait if I arrived at 8am and typically could shoot for 90+ minutes. I thought the increased number of people shooting during member's time was temporary but it appears not!

On a positive the staff and customers were in good spirits, joking and I saw a number of people making new acquaintances.

TheWombat

Sent using Tapatalk

This is an old threat that I just finished reading. Our waits will be getting a bit better after the summer (cooler to) that said I welcome the input that is on this forum and if anyone have any issue, please feel free to contact me directly. If shouting it out loud is your flavor, then by all means have at it, but after you hit "post" give me a call and let's work on it together.