iamkurrupt

3 Permits to Purchase on their way. What to buy?

After stalking the forums for a while, I finally decided to post.

Complete newbie.

Purchased my first handgun at the beginning of the year. I have 3 new permits on their way and am completely open to suggestions as to what to purchase. My current handgun is a Kimber Stainless TLE II and I absolutely love it. One permit will probably be used for a revolver. With the second I was thinking either a SIG or Glock 9mm. Suggest away.

FNP 5.7x28mm

You try to convert everybody :)

J/k the five seven is a great gun. No recoil and shoots 2k fps.

In sigs, you should look at the sig p226 or the p229. Just my opinion. Glocks I would look to the g17 or g19. You can't go wrong either way. I do prefer sigs though.

You try to convert everybody :)

J/k the five seven is a great gun. No recoil and shoots 2k fps.

In sigs, you should look at the sig p226 or the p229. Just my opinion. Glocks I would look to the g17 or g19. You can't go wrong either way. I do prefer sigs though.

The FiveseveN definitely looks interesting. Never seen one at any ffl though. I have been shooting with a few troopers before and most carry the sig p226. I didn't love the grip on the p226 but i did like the trigger pull.

I'm in a similar situation. I have (3) coming this week and (2) of them are aleady spoken for. For the 3rd one, I'm torn between a Glock 19 and a Ruger SR9. I've not held either, so once I do, that will certainly play into the decision. I love the fact that I have 15-rounds in the Glock, but like the looks and reviews of the SR9 better.

the way I did it with first 3 pp was

1st go for something in the middle caliber wise, I got a beretta px4 40 cal, sig p226 is nice too

2nd i got a revolver 38 special/357 mag it's like 2 guns in one! that one was a Taurus 617, but go with s&w or ruger

my third had to be 9mm cheap to shoot, Springfield armory xd9 subcompact, glock 19 would be nice there...

UPDATE:

Well, I am still stalking the forums, but have already burned through 2 out of 3 permits. Loved the input. Loved it so much that I actually purchased a FiveSeven. Thank you guys. Below are pics of my two purchases. I figured if you are going to buy the gun (the FiveSeven) that not many have but everyone wants to shoot, you might as well have something else that is going to be practical, economical, and fun to shoot. Not to mention: I definitely need work on my fundamentals. The last permit will almost definitly be a Ruger revolver unless you can convince me otherwise.

Ruger Hunter MKIII

photo3dx.jpg[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

FN Herstal FiveSeven

photo4vmg.jpg

Ammo comparison (For those that don't know what the 5.7 x 28 round looks like)

00 Buck , 5.7 , .45, 9mm, and .22

photo5iu.jpg

The family. (Still shooting better with my Kimber 45 than any other)

photo6zd.jpg