Ray Ray

GP100 vs 686

I want second dibbs as that guy is moving to FL. :)

Just because I'm moving to Florida doesn't mean I can't buy pistols from Jersey. It just means I can walk in the same day and pickup my gun from my FFL and not have a silly PP with me :p

Matt, read Florida rules. 3 day wait on pistols unless you have Florida ccw. :)

Seeing as how I already have a non-resident Florida CCW, I'm sure it won't be hard to transfer that over to a Resident CCW lol

But it's all a mute point unless I land a job in Florida, until them I'm a lame NJ resident.

Ray, how does the Ruger feel in your hand compared to the S&W?

When I bought my first revolver I held the GP100 but it just did not feel as good in my hand as the S&W 686 did.

When I went back to buy my next handgun I held that Ruger again, and again I didn't buy it. Just does not feel right in my hand. My wife held it and thought it was too heavy, she likes the 6" 686 though.

I have several revolvers and they are all S&W. All but 1 is pre-lock, my 625 is the only one with the lock.

So, another English major I need to watch-out for I take it? I just got corrected by this "Dan" in another thread, now I noticed this.

Yea, the spelin and grmmar polcie are out in force here some tmies, you raelly cna't to tkae it to seriuos..

Ray, how does the Ruger feel in your hand compared to the S&W?

They actually feel similar to me, except for the cold steel on my palm from the frame of the 686. The hogue rubber grips don't cover the back of the frame.