yeah i play similar to Vlad. I dont camp, but i take my time and certainly try to use tactics a little more. Ahh the good old days of Counter Strike!

Contemplating on picking up BF3 for the PC now...

Oh yeah im on like level 6 lol, i only play a few days a week if i am lucky.

Running around like a lunatic gets me at least 20 kills vs a "camper's" 10. This game was definitely set up this time to not really be able to hunker down.

yeah.. with how many deaths..

your "kills" are only half the story.. with a team that knows what it's doing I can set up in one of the buildings (in fallen for example).. claymore the entries.. and use two other guys.. one inside and one outside to guard me.. while I pick off everyone from the window while giving up 0-2 deaths...

sure I might not get 20 kills.. but guys giving up 14 deaths to get 20 kills are not winning the match.. I welcome the running around like a beheaded chicken.. it makes picking them off that much easier.. I get people so concerned with running around like a madman that they run right passes me while crouched still in shrubs.. lol

your "kills" are only half the story.. with a team that knows what it's doing I can set up in one of the buildings (in fallen for example).. claymore the entries.. and use two other guys.. one inside and one outside to guard me.. while I pick off everyone from the window while giving up 0-2 deaths...

sure I might not get 20 kills.. but guys giving up 14 deaths to get 20 kills are not winning the match.. I welcome the running around like a beheaded chicken.. it makes picking them off that much easier.. I get people so concerned with running around like a madman that they run right passes me while crouched still in shrubs.. lol

Ha, I can easily go 2.5-3 to 1 running around because that is how the maps are created. Standing in a static position in any of the maps, no matter which, is asking for trouble. To be honest, the ones who decide to camp around all day are the ones I will happily target with high discrimination even if it means forgoing the other five or six guys on their team. Being a team player in COD is a joke, as there is no such concept of team, except that grouping up just means you're going to get in the way of each other, and it will just be cherry points for the guy who wipes out said group.

The maps in COD really are created to cause a circular pattern-- it isn't just an multiplayer concept, but dates back to the original concept set forth by the first Call of Duty's single player campaign. The levels were created with waypoints in mind, and a player had to hit the waypoints or the enemies would keep spawning. So, the secret was to continually push forward, even at risk of getting shot to sh*t. The same mechanic has endured all the way to the current iteration-- and to the studio's benefit, it is a common mechanic used in many games. How does this translate to the multiplayer? Simple, the maps are created in circular patterns with one or two avenues of approach that are used for flanking, but the concept is to speed up the games. When I was still involved in the community, I talked to the person who ended up being the senior head of the online gaming department for MW2, as MW1 was just making a splash and I was curious what he thought of the game moving forward.

His concept of MW1 was that it was to be similar to the more traditional small-unit FPS, like CS. However, the studio moving forward wanted to make the game more accessible to more people-- which meant speeding up the process from rounds taking 30-45 minutes to 8-10 minutes. That way people, regardless of expertise, would get more variety over the same amount of time. Of course I didn't understand that this would translate to the maps being fashioned for the mechanic of constant movement, but it makes sense now (and the game hasn't changed at all from MW2 to MW3, at least in terms of mechanics).

It's sad because MW3, and MW2, are built around the player, instead of the maps. I hate to keep referring to CS, but it is the pinnacle for what an online small-unit FPS is suppose to be... and I hate referring to it because the game is easily 13 years old now, and there is really no comparison. MW1 was probably the closest, but MW2 and MW3 are more reminiscent of the Unreal days, and really puts a damper on the FPS genre being anything of a thinking game.

And I do have credibility, I'm not just spewing sh*t, haha. I was involved with that community from 1999 until around 2007. I was an administrator for CAL-cs, as well as a manager for zEx, and did background work for CGS; also did some things locally, working with sponsors for local events, hosting some of the larger regional tournaments. And with my background, I'm just disappointed and so critical because there was such potential, from both the economic and cultural perspectives... but the need to cater to the casuals really ruined pretty much everything. Sure, economic gains for the distributors, but not much for the community itself.

Ha, I can easily go 2.5-3 to 1 running around because that is how the maps are created. Standing in a static position in any of the maps, no matter which, is asking for trouble. To be honest, the ones who decide to camp around all day are the ones I will happily target with high discrimination even if it means forgoing the other five or six guys on their team. Being a team player in COD is a joke, as there is no such concept of team, except that grouping up just means you're going to get in the way of each other, and it will just be cherry points for the guy who wipes out said group.

The maps in COD really are created to cause a circular pattern-- it isn't just an multiplayer concept, but dates back to the original concept set forth by the first Call of Duty's single player campaign. The levels were created with waypoints in mind, and a player had to hit the waypoints or the enemies would keep spawning. So, the secret was to continually push forward, even at risk of getting shot to sh*t. The same mechanic has endured all the way to the current iteration-- and to the studio's benefit, it is a common mechanic used in many games. How does this translate to the multiplayer? Simple, the maps are created in circular patterns with one or two avenues of approach that are used for flanking, but the concept is to speed up the games. When I was still involved in the community, I talked to the person who ended up being the senior head of the online gaming department for MW2, as MW1 was just making a splash and I was curious what he thought of the game moving forward.

His concept of MW1 was that it was to be similar to the more traditional small-unit FPS, like CS. However, the studio moving forward wanted to make the game more accessible to more people-- which meant speeding up the process from rounds taking 30-45 minutes to 8-10 minutes. That way people, regardless of expertise, would get more variety over the same amount of time. Of course I didn't understand that this would translate to the maps being fashioned for the mechanic of constant movement, but it makes sense now (and the game hasn't changed at all from MW2 to MW3, at least in terms of mechanics).

It's sad because MW3, and MW2, are built around the player, instead of the maps. I hate to keep referring to CS, but it is the pinnacle for what an online small-unit FPS is suppose to be... and I hate referring to it because the game is easily 13 years old now, and there is really no comparison. MW1 was probably the closest, but MW2 and MW3 are more reminiscent of the Unreal days, and really puts a damper on the FPS genre being anything of a thinking game.

And I do have credibility, I'm not just spewing sh*t, haha. I was involved with that community from 1999 until around 2007. I was an administrator for CAL-cs, as well as a manager for zEx, and did background work for CGS; also did some things locally, working with sponsors for local events, hosting some of the larger regional tournaments. And with my background, I'm just disappointed and so critical because there was such potential, from both the economic and cultural perspectives... but the need to cater to the casuals really ruined pretty much everything. Sure, economic gains for the distributors, but not much for the community itself.

I only play MW how I described it to you.. and honestly.. it is going just fine for me.. lol I literally watch (most) players so consumed with running blindly around run right passed me.. its like they just are so programmed to look for someone else running that when I lay motionless they either don't see me or maybe just assume i am dead.. in the one jungle map I had someone from the other team jump down onto me from a ridge above.. i did nothing.. just laid there.. finally he moved forward and I shot.. I am no great player of these games.. but I find it pretty easy to utilize the method I went on about.. maybe I just happen to get paired with players who are not all that good..

for what it is worth.. there are SOME maps where that will simply not work.. like the construction site..

The maps in COD really are created to cause a circular pattern--

one more thing.. I see that.. because sometimes camping can be frustrating.. you wait.. and wait.. and wait.. but then eventually they all come running around again.. as you said.. they move around the map.. so if you pick a point and wait.. they will eventually come to you.. and when they do come running down the street I am already sitting there gun in ready scope up.. they are running.. by the time they aim at me.. IF they even see me.. I am already shooting..

Let me apologize because I wasn't trying to be critical of you, vlad, haha. Just the games of the COD MW franchise frustrate me so much because they had a great product, and they ruined it... and it's really no fault of the camper, or anybody for that matter, because that's just the game that the developers made.

ETA: To add, after reading your last comment, the way I play personally is I figure out the way the "tide" is moving, and I work against it, haha. I can easily flank or halt their momentum and let the rest of my team that is chasing them (and vice versa) drive them right in to me, haha.

And I do have credibility, I'm not just spewing sh*t, haha. I was involved with that community from 1999 until around 2007. I was an administrator for CAL-cs, as well as a manager for zEx, and did background work for CGS; also did some things locally, working with sponsors for local events, hosting some of the larger regional tournaments.

Nice, man. Did you go to any of the CPL events? I worked several of them as one of the event staff.

I played TFC at CPL and also did some CAL-I stuff with BF1942.

Very true and like bbk im not bad mouthing your style. I play COD a lot honestly and became somewhat decent so my deaths are low. But also, if everyone on your team goes 20-14, I am pretty sure thats a win everytime.

I really liked how black ops showed your kill/death ratio and your score per minute in the leaderboards. You would see people with high kill ratios and low score per minutes and just know you would have to go searchin for the whole they're hiding in. With the direct opposite you'd know you be in for a crazy match with people runnin crazy everywhere and I'd slow my play up just a bit.

By the way my gamertag: triplecrown44 on xbox.

Always looking to have fun.

Please explain how I went 33-5 camping then? I think I killed the same guy trying to get to me, the same way 6 times before he wisened up.

LoL I never make it that far but have similar experiences...

People get mad you are camping and die over and over and over again trying to get you...

I don't camp, i zone. mwhahaha! me and who ever im playing with picks a spot on the map to secure. I'd rather be killed by a camper 100 times then by 1 enemy that spawned right behind me. Either that or we clear the map in teams of 3's. If we have a full team we do counter rotations on the maps, creating a choke pattern.

Since every map is circular in nature, camping in the MW3 can be difficult unless your playing against a bunch of noobs.

The makers of Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer mode are creating maps that include no more than five hotspots—places from which enemy players may be hiding or shooting—for a gamer to worry about at any one time.

^Old news but when I read this, and learned that they INTENTIONALLY create camping spots, any respect I had left for the Call of Duty name disappeared.