Anyone else having issues actually getting to play on PS3? Almost every time I try to Get into a game it won't connect for some reason. Even when I do get into a game I tend to get kicked out because of "server" issues. Is it just me or are the servers just bogged down?

sandbagger226 on PS3.

I got it, finished the campaign relatively quickly, and am wasting some time on the MP.

I'll be one of the few that have an overall negative opinion about the game. Yes, I know that Infinity Ward was a mess after the fallout of the studio heads and mostly every staff lead leaving to form Respawn Entertainment... but that isn't much of an excuse to basically recycle game mechanics and engine, while forgoing a decent script (I know they got Paul Haggis to write it, but I feel the studios got cheated because it was a pretty bad story).

They said this is a revamped version of the IW4.0 engine, but basically all it allows is for the game to run at 60 fps... which is great in itself, but is really behind the curve when comparing this game to BF3, Rage, Far Cry 3, etc.

IW and Sledgehammer had two years to develop this game, and not that the graphics/cinematics/scripting/writing are huge disappointments... but this is the COD franchise. We expect fireworks and a Michael Bay experience at our fingertips. Visually this was more like sparkles, and while mostly everything was solid, I did feel like the story and franchise was not given the huge sendoff it deserved.

As for the game mechanics, ugh. There is virtually no change, and the series is starting to feel more like a Halo-esque experience (dumb it down for the kids mantra). Modern Warfare [1] had an excellent MP experience, and I really thought that was the direction the developers were going to go. And when I heard that they were changing the Kill Streaks and classes (or whatever that concept means in the COD franchise), I was ecstatic. And then when I started at it, I realized how much of a joke these apparent changes had been.

And to add, as a PC gamer, I'm really disappointed. No dedicated servers, and are still using P2P; maps are limited to a max of 18 and feel disjointed (MW2 maps had even more depth and tactical decision making); and the game is more intensive on my system than BF3, which is outrageous all things considered (BF3 forces you to have Origin running, a browser, and has a more powerful engine... you would think that it would have more of an impact).

I want to like MW3, I really do. And I don't regret buying it because I wanted to see and experience the conclusion of a story I really have enjoyed over the past six years (or so). Fortunately, this is the last of this franchise (at least hopefully), and IW and Sledgehammer can focus on a project totally their own instead of trying to pick up the pieces and glue them together.

Despite the fact I have been a long time COD fan, when I looked at the online gameplay vids, it really looked like MW2.1 and having reached a point of bordom with COD, I found myself not in any great rush to buy it. I did pop for BF3. Alas the boy talked gramdma into buying it for him so it ended up here anyway. So I gave it a dance. So my readers digest review is this. MW3 is for the kids, BF3 is for the adults. MW3 is to checkers as BF3 is to Chess. It seems to me there will be more broad appeal for MW3 because anyone can jump in and play spray and pray. But Im finding BF3 more appealing because there is much more in the decision making process to the game play. And after playing them back to back reveals how astounding the graphics of BF3 are even if they arent at 60 frames per second!

Comparing BF and COD is comparing apples and oranges. They may both be 1st person shooters but the similarities end there. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing both games. It's just that COD seems very arcad-ey, especially after playing BF.

Yeah, I totally agree. I like both games, but BF is definitely my favorite of the two. MW is definitely more 'arcadey' and based on individual performance in multiplayer... whereas BF is based more on team-work and has more realistic battle (as far as realism can get in a video game at least). Both are fun as heck, but BF is the winner in my book. The single player campaigns are, meh... but multiplayer rocks.

Yeah, I totally agree. I like both games, but BF is definitely my favorite of the two. MW is definitely more 'arcadey' and based on individual performance in multiplayer... whereas BF is based more on team-work and has more realistic battle (as far as realism can get in a video game at least). Both are fun as heck, but BF is the winner in my book. The single player campaigns are, meh... but multiplayer rocks.

I think both games rely heavily on your team, both games suck when your team is horrible. I hate that COD consistently fails at fixing problems and tweaking game play. Spawning you in the middle of crossfire, or behind enemies, and not giving you the option at all where to spawn. The guns sucks major balls on MW3, non of them are consistent, and they don't reflect the real counter part. I can shoot someone from across the map and kill them in one shot with a sniper, but if i nail them center mass 10 feet in front of me, they manage to lunge that distance and knife me. I find myself scratching my head far to often in COD trying to figure out what the hell just happened... Still a fun game, but BF3 takes the cake in terms of game play. I traded in some games from mw3 and it cost me 15bucks, so its a win for me either way. I spent close to 600 bucks on bf3 lol.

I think both games rely heavily on your team, both games suck when your team is horrible. I hate that COD consistently fails at fixing problems and tweaking game play. Spawning you in the middle of crossfire, or behind enemies, and not giving you the option at all where to spawn. The guns sucks major balls on MW3, non of them are consistent, and they don't reflect the real counter part. I can shoot someone from across the map and kill them in one shot with a sniper, but if i nail them center mass 10 feet in front of me, they manage to lunge that distance and knife me. I find myself scratching my head far to often in COD trying to figure out what the hell just happened...

Sorry for the double post.

They aren't accurate to the real counterparts because in the real world, there are guns that are truly better than one another. In order to have a game with a lot of guns, and not simply have a few that are totally OP (over powered) they have to weaken them in some aspects compared to other guns. Otherwise the game would be really unbalanced, and everyone would simply use the same guns. As a game programmer, you have to make those sacrifices, as a gun lover, I feel your pain though.

As for the spawning behind people, I hate that, but COD does that in order to prevent one team from simply fortifying and getting too strong of an advantage...Unlike BF, COD has always tried to have more fast-paced game play. BF is more realistic in terms of how it would play out.

I beat the single player. I thought it was definitely better than the MW2's single player, though not close to the first one. It seemed like every other helicopter shot down (exaggeration but there were quite a few scripted sequences of helicopters crashing at you) it comes flying at you no matter how ridiculous it is. Another major annoyance for me was enemies that did not care that your allied tank was literally two feet from them and just continued shooting at you. My annoyance was made worse due to when the tank fired it shook your screen and "deafened" (Which may be realistic if you were standing next to a tank that fired) making it difficult to find the guy shooting at you all while the AI was completely "unaffected" and continued to shoot you. I was cursing out the game at a few points. :shout:

I picked this up today to see what all the hype was, Having not turned on my ps3 or played a video game in about 2 or 3 years. Got about 25% through the single player mode on easy, Its fun and keeps me interested, but I feel like I need a Dramamine after about 10 minutes of game play.

Multiplayer is another story, I cant stay alive for more than 8 seconds at a time, let alone kill somebody else.

If anybody wants free kills, my user name is " mr_pink5833 " on PS3

-alec

I picked this up today to see what all the hype was, Having not turned on my ps3 or played a video game in about 2 or 3 years. Got about 25% through the single player mode on easy, Its fun and keeps me interested, but I feel like I need a Dramamine after about 10 minutes of game play.

Multiplayer is another story, I cant stay alive for more than 8 seconds at a time, let alone kill somebody else.

If anybody wants free kills, my user name is " mr_pink5833 " on PS3

-alec

hide.. go slow.. and take your time.. MANY players run around like idiots just shooting at everything.. the game is far easier if you pick a good location and wait.. move when the UAV is up.. if you just run around like a nut.. you will just keep dying.. lol

Ugh, you're one of those, Vlad? Haha. The whole point of COD is to run around with reckless abandon because that's how the maps and mechanics are set up! It's the only reason why the decoy air drops even work, haha.

Oh well, I guess we need campers so we can blame somebody for our futility :sarcastichand:

Ugh, you're one of those, Vlad? Haha. The whole point of COD is to run around with reckless abandon because that's how the maps and mechanics are set up! It's the only reason why the decoy air drops even work, haha.

Oh well, I guess we need campers so we can blame somebody for our futility :sarcastichand:

I love it.. long range rifle with magnified scope.. so yeah.. I camp.. I lay in the woods wait for idiots to run by and shoot them.. and then when the match is over.. "camper.. friggin camper.. camper" umm.. yeah.. that is how a SNIPER RIFLE works.. lol not really practical to run around like a lunatic with that.. but even when I play with assault rifles.. find a spot.. hunker down.. shoot a couple.. then move.. as opposed to running around like a lunatic.. lol