Krdshrk

MLK Day - OBRPC Meet?

So - who has off on Monday, Jan 16th? It's Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday. Apparently I have off so I would like to take a couple friends to the range. Who wants to hit up OBRPC if it's decent enough out? Shoot up some clays and ping some steel!

Where: OBRPC Outdoor range (Maybe Indoor if it's bad weather)

When: Jan. 16th

Time: 10AM to whenever

Members (Each allowed 2 guests):

1) Harry

2) Alec.mc

3) M4BGRINGO (1PM)

4) HenryM

5) Ray Ray

6) futool

7) Smokin 50

8) KMill77

9) MrG

Guests:

1) Krdshrk

2) BlueLineFish

3) MarkWVU

4) Dino71

5) Reed338 +1

6) MrG's Guests (2)

7) DR

Maybes:

1) Sivl32

I'll be glad to go shoot my shotguns!

I have an electric thrower that seems pretty good, I can bring it.

I was at our meeting last night (OBRPC) and be forewarned: John S (Club VP) is not happy about things he has seen at the indoor and outdoor range. He has also been told about things happening at the facilities. There is a strong possiblilty they may pay some people to serve as RO's to catch the morons and make them pay for the damages and/or kick them out of the club.

That being said, they are expecting both ranges to be pretty busy that day with a lot of people being off. I bet some of the board members may be around to make sure people are following club rules. We don't have many, but people still seem to lack common sense at times.

I'll be glad to go shoot my shotguns!

I have an electric thrower that seems pretty good, I can bring it.

I was at our meeting last night (OBRPC) and be forewarned: John S (Club VP) is not happy about things he has seen at the indoor and outdoor range. He has also been told about things happening at the facilities. There is a strong possiblilty they may pay some people to serve as RO's to catch the morons and make them pay for the damages and/or kick them out of the club.

That being said, they are expecting both ranges to be pretty busy that day with a lot of people being off. I bet some of the board members may be around to make sure people are following club rules. We don't have many, but people still seem to lack common sense at times.

What sort of things?

People climbing the berms from one pit to another, WTF?

People shooting at stuff outdoors that they shouldn't be, like the pumpkin episode, or glass, old computers. Not cleaning-up after they shoot, whether it's leaving old paper targets, not returning the target stands to the high-power area, leaving plastic bottles.........

People have been walking on top of the new hay bails, or shooting them with shotguns.

I learned something new that night I was not aware of and may be guilty of myself. They do not want anyone to put targets closer than 25 yards on the outter two lanes in the indoor range. Their reasoning is that unless you shoot perfectly straight you can (and probably will) hit the walls or door frames. Targets in those two lanes are to be put down at the backstop only.

Too many people shooting the floor, ceiling, and walls at the indoor range. You can see the wood chips and pieces on the floor.

Now I need to get ammo before then. Who locally has good prices on ammo

I ussually buy from www.aimsurplus.com or http://www.targetsportsusa.com

Typically get my shipment in 2 days from target sports, and 3 or 4 days from aim.

anything local is ussually too expensive for my blood.

No, we'll probably hit up the 50 or 100 yard ranges to shoot up some targets and steel :)

As I said, depending on what the wife has planned for our anniversary I should be able to do this, and if we get a nice turnout, I might be able to bring the steel setup for some static steel and I even made up a plate rack to hang steel from.

If anyone had IPSC targets I have 6 stands to setup some classifiers.

Well it looks good for me making it.

I'll be bringing 5 Steel target stands for static steel, hope they work, and maybe the homemade plate rack, well just multiple hanging plates that is.

I'll also have 6 USPSA stands I made up for the targets Henry might bring.

Plan on bringing the GSG 1911-22, CZ75-TS, CZ 85B Combat and 2 870's a 20ga and 12ga, I'll add the Ruger 94 revolver if I get the spring kit and am able to complete the work, and maybe my lever action Marlin 39A... I think that should do it for now.. :icon_mrgreen: