Ray Ray

Can you guess what this is? If you guess right you win a prize!

Crash axe from an aircraft, used to hack oneself or others out or the wreckage. When we did ABDR training (patching up shot up airplanes) we used this to hack holes in the Mig21 & mystere hulks for our fellow trainees to patch up.

Winner!

Crash axe from an aircraft, used to hack oneself or others out or the wreckage. When we did ABDR training (patching up shot up airplanes) we used this to hack holes in the Mig21 & mystere hulks for our fellow trainees to patch up.

I remember doing ABDR! Good times, good times.

Congrats on the win!

The two posts prior nailed it. We called it a crash axe. Use it when you go down in a rice paddy and Charlie is knocking on the door while you are trapped.

EDIT --- Must have skipped some posts on my first read. Duh!

I actually thought this was a tough one, didn't know it was that easy to some. I guess the military and local pilots have seen these by the boat load. This actual crash axe spent it's days in a DHL plane that was from JFK in NYC.

downsized_0114121529.jpg

downsized_0114121529.jpg

Here's the deal. If someone guesses what this is and what it's used for you win a free prize. If noone gets it after a few days then I'll throw in some clues. If no one can still guess, then the closest guess wins. And the prize is cool!

downsized_0114121529a.jpg

Well obviously it's 2 of the same picture followed by one more of the other side of something can do damage to someone if they were struck by it..

I wouldn't have guessed that, which is quite depressing considering it looks like a rusted version of the crash axes we keep on my aircraft. Massive fail on my part. Even more of a fail because I was playing around with one the other day...

I wouldn't have guessed that, which is quite depressing considering it looks like a rusted version of the crash axes we keep on my aircraft. Massive fail on my part. Even more of a fail because I was playing around with one the other day...

can I have one?

can I have one?

A nice selection of axes related to the fire and rescue service:

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/category.cfm/cid_812_axes_sheaths/

If you poke around in the tools section, you will find a ton of things that could be fun to have in your tool box!