Steve_G

Big FAIL for Old Bridge PD today

Went to apply for 6 pistol permits today. The very nice lady at the counter informed me that I could only apply for one, because they were running low on permits and the state ploice were also running low and not sending any more right now. After I politely explaind that they could not restrict the number of permits I request, the clerk called the Sgt. who said I could request 3 but only charged me for one and only let me sign one. I can come back in 4 weeks to sign the other two if they get more in. I of course replied that if they were going to do that, why don't I just leave my request at 6 and sign the other 5 when I come back in. I also suggested that if I apply for 3, that they should pay the $18 for my next application for 3. Let's just say that didn't go over too well either. So, now it stands that I applied for 3, signed and paid for one. How much do you want to bet that I only get one out of this?

I called the NJSP when I got home and the receptionist was very nice and thought the whole story was quite funny. She then transfered me to a Trooper, who of course did not pick up his phone. I left a voice mail telling my story and leaving my phone number. Think I'll hear back from them? Or should I just call tthe NJSP everyday until I speak to a Trooper?

If the police and politicians don't have to follow the laws, why should I?

• Like 1

After the last two times I've applied for permits at my PD (horrible knockdown-dragout war), on my most recent trip there I asked for 10. They told me, but you do realize you won't be able to use 4 of them don't you? I told them that I wanted 10 regardless, and they gave me 10. It felt good.

• Like 1

After the last two times I've applied for permits at my PD (horrible knockdown-dragout war), on my most recent trip there I asked for 10. They told me, but you do realize you won't be able to use 4 of them don't you? I told them that I wanted 10 regardless, and they gave me 10. It felt good.

:codemafia::crazy::stinker:

Now we know why there's a shortage of permits.

:rtfm: <---- I want 10!

• Like 1

According to the letter from the NJSP, they cannot limit the number of permits you can apply for. If they are truly low on actual paper permits, I suppose that would be a legitimate reason for doing away with the whole HPP system before they spend more tax $ to print new ones. :spiteful:

It also makes me wonder. Does the NJSP Firearms guide book instruct departments to run low on physical permits as SOP? :crazy:

JFC the BS in this state never ceases to amaze me... seriously, they're running out of paper permits??? Though I guess if they have state employees printing these out instead of getting them from a company I can see how that may be possible since usually 1000 state employees work output equals about that of a starving hamster.

The very thought of being hampered by a lack of forms when so much is diginatal

Well done. You may not of heard it, but I gave that a very hearty golf clap.

• Like 1

FreeJersey, I applaud you. People sticking up for their rights and pushing back against illegitimate exercise of authority is what will free us. Bleating meekly will take us further down the sad road we are on. You did well.

I wish some of you all would film these transactions and post them online, or at the very least get the officer who is violating the law's information and post it on here. How do you expect to hold people accountable for their actions otherwise?

FreeJersey, I applaud you. People sticking up for their rights and pushing back against illegitimate exercise of authority is what will free us. Bleating meekly will take us further down the sad road we are on. You did well.

I have been questioning authority since I was 2. Ain't gonna stop now.

I would call the NJSP everyday till you get somebody on the phone. I would aso follow up with the pd regarding them breaking the law. Contact the NJ2AS on this also.

I do plan to call everyday, twice a day if it gets to next week without speaking to someone.

Everytime I apply for permits with OB, it involves calling them 6 weeks later asking what's going on... then miraculously a day or two later I get my permits in the mail.

6 weeks does seem to be the average with them. It took them 90 days for my initial but 6 weeks for all permits since. This is the first time they tried something stupid with me though.

Sorry young man, we are running out of Constitutional Rights today. Come back later and maybe we will have some back in stock.

And on another note:

"We're sorry that NJ is running out of Constitutional Rights today.

The State Supreme Court says that's okay, as you can just go over the GW Bridge to Harlem to get some there.

Good luck to you, Subject Citizen."

• Like 2

And on another note:

"We're sorry that NJ is running out of Constitutional Rights today.

The State Supreme Court says that's okay, as you can just go over the GW Bridge to Harlem to get some there.

Good luck to you, Subject Citizen."

Does not compute. :blink:

I was told by my PD that they're moving from the old carbon paper forms to pdf electronic copies. When I submitted my request I had printed and filed in the form from the state website and the bitter woman in records tools me I need two copies so I filed out another by hand in front of her. I'd I remember correctly the actual purchase permit last year was also carbon paper so if I had to venture a guess it's taking the army of pensioners a little longer to adapt to using something more complex and they likely need to support both doc types this year during the transition. Its no excuse but then you're taking then to court over being violated and losing like 25 bucks.

We got any pro gun lawyers who think its worth a case if we bundled all the violations?

The government imposes process efficiency guidelines on companies but live in the stone age themselves

Wow I feel bad for you guys.. Union Beach is awesome when it comes to FID's and Permits. I NEVER get a hassle and my permits have always been ready within a week. Longest I waited was two weeks cause the Firearms officer was on vacation then the Chief was out sick for a few days..