this_is_nascar

Your Opinion - Beretta 92FS as 1st 9MM Handgun

I just got back from picking up my new Beretta 92A1 from Paul and Arms-N-Ammo. It was a great experience that went very smoothly. Paul was a great guy and lived-up to all the praises I've heard in the past. I'll definitely do business with him again. This gun is awesome. It's my 1st non-22 and I'm absolutely delighted with it. I was able to pickup some 92FS 15-round mags from Paul, in addition to the Lula speed-loader that I had been reading about last night. I probably won't get to the range until tomorrow, but I'm pleased so far.

Thanks to everyone here for all the help, comments and suggestions. Now I need to find an outside range that will allow me to enjoy this gorgeous weather and my new piece.

I had the opportunity to run 100-rounds through my new 92A1. It was Federal American Eagle 115-grain FMJ @ $21.00 per box of (50). My range discount dropped that down to $16.80 per box, so a total of $33.60 spent on (100) rounds of ammo. Anyway, the gun shot real nice. By the 2nd mag, I really had the hang of it. I still suck at shooting, but time and practice should fix that.

Edit: In case anyone is wondering, Federal American Eagle is the only 9mm round that Hague's carries.

Nascar if you need more mags try cdnninvestments. I just got the Elite 92F mags for $20/each.

They have military contract ones for $15/each. Cheapest I could find them and they are in stock.

I think these are the ones. See the thicker baseplate?

http://www.cdnninves...2f9mm15it1.html

The ones I got appear to have even thicker baseplates than those.

I just got them in the mail and the baseplates are a thick rubber.

Very good for me since I plan to use them for competition and they

seem like they could take a hard fall.

Mine are these: http://www.cdnninvestments.com/be92f9mm15el.html

Yea, I was just looking at them. They appeared to be a bit much for what I need. I just ordered (4) of those ones I listed. They had a special on shipping to for $5.99, so that was nice. My plan is to always keep (2) of these loaded with my HD/SD rounds and locked in the safe. My remaining mags I preload with my cheaper ammo and take them to the range with me. I'm still trying to figure out which round I want for HD/SD :).

Hey just got back from shooting my new 92FS for first time today. Shoots a bit better than my Cougar(its little bro) but with the longer sight it should. I think me and ole 92 are going to make a great couple. BTW- I shot 200 rds.And you paid too much for your ammo : )

Hey just got back from shooting my new 92FS for first time today. Shoots a bit better than my Cougar(its little bro) but with the longer sight it should. I think me and ole 92 are going to make a great couple. BTW- I shot 200 rds.And you paid too much for your ammo : )

Oh, trust me. I know that. I didn't feel like going to Dicks' for ammo and the few boxes I ordered online haven't come in yet. The saddest part about Hague's and their ammo is that even with my 20% discount, it's still overpriced.

buy both (used or new), shoot both, and decide which one you like better and sell the other one. you can even keep them both.

just take note that you might take a hit reselling the G19 because they're a dime a dozen, so there's plenty out there.

Oh, trust me. I know that. I didn't feel like going to Dicks' for ammo and the few boxes I ordered online haven't come in yet. The saddest part about Hague's and their ammo is that even with my 20% discount, it's still overpriced.

Overpriced is an understatement. That's highway robbery!

I used my coupon and got 2 boxes of Remington UMC 115gr 9mm for $14.97!

buy both (used or new), shoot both, and decide which one you like better and sell the other one. you can even keep them both.

just take note that you might take a hit reselling the G19 because they're a dime a dozen, so there's plenty out there.

Depends on where you sell it. On some boards you cant get 400 for a 92FS and some you can get 450 for a Glock 19, so its subjective.

Good luck. I have both and they are great.

Well, after some debate, I decided to pick up the Beretta 92 Series .22 LR Practice Kit for my 92A1, even though it's not recommended for that gun. I've read several posts on the Beretta Forum that this conversion kit works fine on the 92A1 and 92-Two, just leaving a small space where the dustcover resides. If that's it, I can certainly live with that. The Beretta USA site is out of these until August, but there's been a few on eBay. I was able to acquire one there and would rather pay the premium price vs. waiting at a "possible" chance of getting one in August.

Does anyone use one of these on there 92-Series? If so, how does it perform for you?

22-kit.jpg

I had one, worked very well but sold it. I like having the dedicated 22 pistol. Plus I hated the .22 grit getting into the frame of my gun.

No complaints though. It was recomended to use premium 22 ammo with it. I used cci mini mags and it ran flawlessly.

I had one, worked very well but sold it. I like having the dedicated 22 pistol. Plus I hated the .22 grit getting into the frame of my gun.

No complaints though. It was recomended to use premium 22 ammo with it. I used cci mini mags and it ran flawlessly.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Well, after some debate, I decided to pick up the Beretta 92 Series .22 LR Practice Kit for my 92A1, even though it's not recommended for that gun. I've read several posts on the Beretta Forum that this conversion kit works fine on the 92A1 and 92-Two, just leaving a small space where the dustcover resides. If that's it, I can certainly live with that. The Beretta USA site is out of these until August, but there's been a few on eBay. I was able to acquire one there and would rather pay the premium price vs. waiting at a "possible" chance of getting one in August.

Does anyone use one of these on there 92-Series? If so, how does it perform for you?

22-kit.jpg

How much did it cost you I wouldn't mind a kit for my m9

How much did it cost you I wouldn't mind a kit for my m9

If that is the Beretta kit (it looks like it is), $370 from Beretta.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/92-series-22-lr-practice-kit/j9022pk/

If you want one sign up for the alerts... They were out of stock when I first looked at one in December. I got an email sometime in February that they were in stock, out of stock now.

Beretta USA won't have them until August and even then, they'll only have a limited amount. If you're not there right away to order once you get the alert email, they'll be out of stock again. From what I was told, the February stock sold within 2-hours. I paid a bit more than that price, but I wanted it and I wanted it now, not taking a chance on maybe getting one in August.

Here's a current auction that underway. There's also a couple "buy it nows" that are available at a much higher price than what I paid for my.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=beretta+practice&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I don't understand why Beretta doesn't produce more of these .22 kits. They sell out within hours every time they become available. That being said I considered getting one, but for $370 I'd rather put that towards a dedicated .22 pistol.

I hear ya. I have my share of dedicated .22 pistols and my 92A1 is still new to me, so the idea of the pratice kit really got me excited. Me being the impatient person I am, decided to pay a few bucks more to have it now, rather that waiting for a chance that I'd get one in August.

I hear ya. I have my share of dedicated .22 pistols and my 92A1 is still new to me, so the idea of the pratice kit really got me excited. Me being the impatient person I am, decided to pay a few bucks more to have it now, rather that waiting for a chance that I'd get one in August.

My pratice kit just arrived. Since Hague's in not open on Mondays, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to give it a try. I can't wait. I'm hoping this works out pretty well.

My pratice kit just arrived. Since Hague's in not open on Mondays, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to give it a try. I can't wait. I'm hoping this works out pretty well.

Took it to the range today. It put a 300 or so rounds through it. It was OK, but I think I'm going to prefer shooting one of my dedicated .22LR pistols instead. I have a few to choose from. For someone that really needs the pratice kit to become very familiar with the 92 platform in general, it's going to be fine. For dedicated .22LR shooting, I like my other pistols better. I knew I should have held off in ordering a couple additional mags for it. I'll probably be putting this pratice kit with the (2) additional mags up for sale.