Krdshrk

Superbowl Sniper Nest

Its funny how people go bonkers at a gun store if you carefully hand someone an unloaded weapon with the action locked open and the muzzle just happens flash someone for a split second..

No ones cares about having loaded high powered rifles pointing at thousands of law abiding people over the course of a few hours.....

• Like 7

Please elaborate why this is retarded. What exactly is the downside of having a potential tool available that can neutralise a threat if one sould arrise. No threat, then a couple officers have the best seat in the house. What exactly is the down side?

This is indeed standard at major events.....

• Like 1

On the one hand, if you're pro-2A, I can't see being afraid of this.

Realistically, however, I can't conceive of the situation which occurs requiring this officer to take a shot.

Therefore this is "security theater" like TSA and the unarmed guardsmen in Penn Station.

Correct me if I'm wrong LEO's.

Because it should of never gotten to this point. We are a country constantly living in fear of the next attack or the next bomb or the next whatever. The fact that we live every day in constant fear just means the terrorist have won even more.

What's the solution, I don't know I don't claim to have the answer to everything but there has to be another solution instead of having snipers at every major sporting event.

Then on top of it, once again the media reports about it so now the next time what advantage do these people have if someone "actually" wanted to do something. When everything is reported you gain no tactical advantage.

So I will stick to my original statement, it's retarded.

just ask yourself this, do you want some stranger whom you've never met or know anything about deciding whether or not you live or die just becuase you decided to go watch a sports game? Thats what they're doing

Now im sure these gentlemen our of sound mind and have good training but is that something you're willing to partake in? I personally will not give someone that power if I can help it. specially in this type of situation where you have no way to fight back...

call me crazy

I think some of you guys think this is a new thing..... I guess you dont ever go to a majore political rally....

The only thing that has changed is public awareness. And frankly I think that is a mistake because someone planning to do bad things may now take countermeasures into account.

To call it living in fear is a mistake. Not putting any countermeasure to some terrorist opening up in a crowd with a krink would be a mistake. Evidence of a plan for a terrorist attack of this type has been discovered. Again, whats the down side of having a solution available for a specific type of problem?

• Like 2

I would be willing to be it has one in the chamber ready to rock... or at least it did during the game. why else bother having them there at all?

I am in total agreement on the last point. Why be there at all? What threat does it counter? It appears to be a show of force measure.

If it makes people feel warm and fuzzy so be it, better that than TSA VIPR teams groping the attractive females outside the stadium.