SpecialK

Colt Series 70

I got the same one. it's a great gun and an excellent base if you ever decide to modify .

No need for modifications for me. I do not have large webbing in my hand, so no need to put a beaver tail on it which makes you have to put what I call the tic-tac hammer on it. My gunsmith is a 1911 genius, so I will be having the trigger worked on slightly and he said he can better fit the extractor, but I fell in love on valentines day hen I picked her up they way she is.

The Series 70 to me is one of the few remaining "correct" 1911A1 pistols on the market. I feel like most of the ones out there are either too loose, too tight or just plain too expensive. Great in stock form and not *so* valuable/collectible that it'd be a shame to modify.

L1050043.jpg

How are they Chris? Nice as the '70's vintage pistols?

I love it. Fit and quality is top notch. The only thing that gets me is the hammer bite. I need to get a bobbed or commander hammer. I want to keep the look original (i.e. nothing skeletonized).