I don't even have to look at the weather to know that it's going to be cold as a witches titty.

Current Longrange NOAA forecast has the following for the weekend:

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 44.

Yeah shooting minor in SS will kinda suck but if it's first match he doesn't have to try to be super competitive. Just worry about safety and the basics.

For most matches, SS minor with 2 extra rounds does give you an advantage. This is the only division where minor gives you an advantage. All others no.

About 50% of the SS guys, including the big boys are shooting minor.

For most matches, SS minor with 2 extra rounds does give you an advantage. This is the only division where minor gives you an advantage. All others no.

About 50% of the SS guys, including the big boys are shooting minor.

I can see the extra 2 rounds being a big advantage for him because it will be his first match.

I went thru last years matches at CJ and OBRPC real quick. Only one person shows up shooting SS minor last year at CJ and one or two guys shoot it at OB. Granted the one guy Bucky seems to win a lot but that's hardly 50%. Are you talking about the guys who shoot the Level 2 an Level 3 matches? The pros? If I could shoot all A's I would probably opt for shooting minor as well. Shooting minor lets you load your mags 25% more. That's a big bonus if you can shoot all A's. Which I can not.

I can see the extra 2 rounds being a big advantage for him because it will be his first match.

I went thru last years matches at CJ and OBRPC real quick. Only one person shows up shooting SS minor last year at CJ and one or two guys shoot it at OB. Granted the one guy Bucky seems to win a lot but that's hardly 50%. Are you talking about the guys who shoot the Level 2 an Level 3 matches? The pros? If I could shoot all A's I would probably opt for shooting minor as well. Shooting minor lets you load your mags 25% more. That's a big bonus if you can shoot all A's. Which I can not.

I am talking about the recent big matches. Including Florida Open. Local is not that great of a representation. Actually I might shoot SS minor....

Where it comes in is stage design. Most stages are production/lim 10 centric at most matches, as opposed to SS or revo. +2 rounds can often, and will often save a reload.

The only place where it does not is Single Stack nationals as all stages there are pretty much 8 round arrays.

Just back to SS minor.

One of the reasons it is not prevalent at the local matches is because it essentially requires a new gun. Very seldom will people already have a 9mm 1911, but most everyone has a 1911 in a 45.

When you jump to the folks who are regular shooters, and buy a gun primarily for gun games, you will find a lot more people who shoot SS minor. I started shooting SS minor a year and a half ago because I had a 1911 Smith 9mm Pro. Very few people do.

When most people start, what do we tell them? Don't buy a gun just for a gun game, but bring what you currently have.

Just tried to register and got this message.

"If you are seeing this message the form is either not yet live or the match has filled. Our January match has a registration limit of 77 in order to allow us to finish and get the match put away during daylight. We apologize for any inconvenience. Check back often as any cancellations will open up slots for others. We will update the registration list every night. Thank You."

I guess it full. :angry:

• Like 1

Yes, in the competitive thread section, there is an intro to uspsa video sticky.

Thanks, Just finished up watching all the videos, lots of information I already knew, but explained some power factor things and scoring.

The one thing I was hoping he'd go over was the obvious - how many times do you shoot a target during a course of fire? is it specified before hand ? Watching some youtube videos I see some people shoot a target 2 or 3 times, other times you have a guy shooting 6-8 rounds into a single target.

"If you are seeing this message the form is either not yet live or the match has filled. Our January match has a registration limit of 77 in order to allow us to finish and get the match put away during daylight. We apologize for any inconvenience. Check back often as any cancellations will open up slots for others. We will update the registration list every night. Thank You."

Christ, it just friggen opened! :facepalm:

Not sure how this match will play out but j0n came out and did the standby thing and got to shoot, imalsomthink he was about # 5 or 7 on the list that day.

Yeah dude you live close enough where showing up to be on standby won't kill you, slots may open up..

Should one who has not done uspsa before register first @ https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-join-renew.php to get my " USPSA # " .... it says it will send a packet in about a week, but will I get my ID # right after registering? .... or should I just wait and do it at the match?