Texas Shooter

GFH Radio: Thugs following you home from the range

I was listening to this week's GFH Radio where they had Detective Mac from Belleville PD. A couple of things he mentioned . FIrst, the gangs are starting to work together. They've seen Bloods and Crips working together in Jersey. And second, some thugs are casing shooting ranges and following people home. It's an easy way to get guns since we're unarmed.

I was listening to this week's GFH Radio where they had Detective Mac from Belleville PD. A couple of things he mentioned . FIrst, the gangs are starting to work together. They've seen Bloods and Crips working together in Jersey. And second, some thugs are casing shooting ranges and following people home. It's an easy way to get guns since we're unarmed.

I think that's probably true in Belleville, but not so true for the rest of NJ ranges. Bullethole is in such an area...

Feel free to follow me and find out how unarmed I am.

BlueLineFish defense = draw pistol and shoot.

My defense = Pop the trunk, run to back of vehicle, unzip case, load gun, hope I can shoot in time.

• Like 4

I'll have to listen to that. I have had that concern for myself when leaving the BH alone . Especially at night when you have to park way down the tracks. I worry about getting mugged for sure , always watching my back and careful when putting my stuff in the car...check car before getting in , etc.

I live on a dead end with 5 houses , 3 are officers , and we are armed in the home. That does not give me too much comfort though. Shootouts with thugs who don't care about their life or yours are cool on tv , that is about it. If I thought I had been followed home from the range I would not pull onto my block or into my driveway...I would probably back it out with ceremony ( if I got home before noticing) , tires making smoke and high tail it to the police station. See if they follow me there.

What can you do besides be vigilant though?

I'll have to listen to that. I have had that concern for myself when leaving the BH alone . Especially at night when you have to park way down the tracks. I worry about getting mugged for sure , always watching my back and careful when putting my stuff in the car...check car before getting in , etc.

I live on a dead end with 5 houses , 3 are officers , and we are armed in the home. That does not give me too much comfort though. Shootouts with thugs who don't care about their life or yours are cool on tv , that is about it. If I thought I had been followed home from the range I would not pull onto my block or into my driveway...I would probably back it out with ceremony ( if I got home before noticing) , tires making smoke and high tail it to the police station. See if they follow me there.

+1 for you Mrs Pete!!! Situational awareness is you best friend.

I started to type but decided not to put it out on the forum. PM me and I'll give you another little tip.

Kudos to you as a survivor!!

But... a new Toyota Camry can outrun an 88 Corvette?

mine's a 91, but who's keeping track ;)

I usually bring my truck when I go to the range, which I not only broke into 12.3's with this tuesday but also has a handy dandy smokescreen function :D

:05 to :18 disreguard rest of video.... its old :(

• Like 1

Disturbing and yet, has there been any reported instances of a vehicle or Home broken into,or even a car jacking after being followed from the range?I don't mean to make light of a potentially dangerous circumstance but it would seem to me that anyone with even a bit of sense would choose a unoccupied house or car to rob for firearms after being identified as such as opposed to the alternative....No?....and in the case of NJ, an unoccupied vehicle,even less so.

For those that get the Outdoor Channel, they have a show called The Best Defense that did an episode on this topic.

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/the-best-defense-woman-and-child-followed-home/12815/ - the available video clip unfortunately only shows the "bad part" and not any tips to help prevent a bad situation.

Past episodes are somewhat hard to find, but they occasionally repeat episodes after the season is done.

Looks like a Mach 1 in that vid?

If you think your being followed, drive around in circles, do NOT go home. Drive to the police station, fire house, where ever.. just not home.

Yep mach 1. its procharged now...

Its easy to see if someone is following you, just go around the block in a full circle. if they're smart they wont follow you but they're pick you back up on the original road you were traveling on

For me, this lost all credability when I read this part. I don't believe they'd ever work together. Maybe one or two from each group do a side job together or something, but as organizations as a whole...................... I just don't see it happening.

• Like 1

Thats right, high tail it to the police station if you're being followed - except we're in PRNJ which means you might get thrown in jail for an "unreasonable deviation"

For me, this lost all credability when I read this part. I don't believe they'd ever work together. Maybe one or two from each group do a side job together or something, but as organizations as a whole...................... I just don't see it happening.

i work in newark and talk to alot of people in the element, yes both gangs do work together, they wear different colors but there is one color that is common between them and thats green money... thats all they care about.

i work in newark and talk to alot of people in the element, yes both gangs do work together, they were different colors but there is one color that is common between them and thats green money... thats all they care about.

I'm really surprise by that. I'd think that ranks, territory rights and control of power would keep them from every having a joint-venture of any sort.