matt6669

Question for LEO's

Not to be offensive, but if you spent $1000 on tickets and lawyers in 2011 you need to take a look at your driving. That is most definitely not normal.

Yes I am NOW reformed. It took me two tickets but I learned my lesson. I have no points and want to keep it that way. Lots of cruise control now.

One was really F'd up. We talk about raising revenue....NYSP gave me a ticket in a, what I consider "speed trap" on Polaski Hwy in Orange Cty.

Now I would think the state gets a good prtion of the $. Well the lawyer begged it down to "Illegal Parking" a town offense. $150 fine and I guess the town got the majority of the $.

I recommend you study the driving manual for a NJ drivers license: http://www.state.nj....l/Chapter_4.pdf

Let me help you out:

You were supposed to pull over, and you didn't

I was actually responding and I was actually moving to the side of the road to give more clearance. However, there was not enough time/space, etc. to complete this action in a reasonable fashion before the knucklehead did what he did. Maybe I didn't make that clear in the previous post because I did the right thing and I didn't think it was relevant. So I am doing it now. Let me state again, I was starting to pull over to make as much room as possible, which actually aided in avoiding a head-on accident. But I have to tell you, given the situation perhaps the clown misjudged my safe movement to the side of the highway and thought he had more room to carry out is reckless driving. That officer acted in a completely and unnecessary reckless fashion; I don't care where he was racing off to.

And by the way, I did the right thing. I guess you had to be there.

Here is another classic case of he said/she said. Us vs. Them. I want to stop the us vs them BUT I have another story of a stupid cop...

Hey, its fresh in my head and I am annoyed with this. Officers need to be held to a higher standard. That officer put my children's life in danger because of his reckless action, and for all I know, he was racing back to the station to clock out.

Let me tell you another story. I was in the town I grew up in going the speed limit on Main Street (25 MPH), when this rookie clown threw on his lights and went by me at at least 40 miles per hour in his cruiser. He stopped at the end of the road and began talking to somebody walking there with his window rolled down. Mine was down and I heard that they were just BSing. Not to mention, he was blocking my way on the road as he sat there, and seemingly for no apparent reason. I got out of my car and I walked up to him and I said, "WTF was that, the way you just went passed me? I live in this town and what you did was reckless driving, and for no apparent reason." He gave me an attitude and asked me my name and I told him, and then I said, "I am friends with the chief and I don't appreciate you driving like that in my town. I pay your salary and what you did was really Fn stupid." I asked him for his name and badge number and told him that I would be discussing this with the chief if he ever did something like that again. As I was walking back to my car he said, politely, "Have a nice day, Mr...." Now when he sees me he nods to me, friendly.

This officer was not acting as a police officer. There will always be an us and them until you guys assume the role of peace officer, and the problem is that your profession attracts those that abuse their power and privilege. Higher standard is the key here.

This is one of the most angry,argumentative forums on the net. I was under the impression(excuse my ignorance) that

they were generally to exchange information amongst people with similar interests in a polite ,calm and civil manner.

It's no wonder why we will never have a our 2nd amendment rights restored. Personal attacks,insults and a general

im the friggin king attitude. Pathetic

It is a little abrasive. But there is a place for this here. If you don't want to read this thread, then go someplace else, like the Market area, etc.

This is a wonderful forum with many people that are very nice and informative. I guess you will find in it what you are looking for.

Well yes, but under the threat of an accident as opposed to pulling over preemptively.

I hardly thought there was going to be an accident when I started pulling over. I didn't think the officer was going to do what he did. I was yielding to emergency personnel. In fact, the guy in front of him didn't even have time to get to the side of the highway, hence the cruiser came in my lane.

All vehicles on both sides of the road are supposed to yield when lights are activated on an emergency vehicle

Is there anything in the playbook that says emergency personnel are suppose to use common sense?

My only question is how long from the time he activated his overheads to the time he jumped over the line. Not placing blame on anybody yet just trying to get the facts.

It was very quick, and I was very close to this on the other side of the highway.

I apologize to the OP for hijacking the thread. I have both my license plates on and as far as I know all my gauges are working.

This kind of reminds me of the scene in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles...

I was actually responding and I was actually moving to the side of the road to give more clearance. However, there was not enough time/space, etc. to complete this action in a reasonable fashion before the knucklehead did what he did. Maybe I didn't make that clear in the previous post because I did the right thing and I didn't think it was relevant. So I am doing it now. Let me state again, I was starting to pull over to make as much room as possible, which actually aided in avoiding a head-on accident. But I have to tell you, given the situation perhaps the clown misjudged my safe movement to the side of the highway and thought he had more room to carry out is reckless driving. That officer acted in a completely and unnecessary reckless fashion; I don't care where he was racing off to.

And by the way, I did the right thing. I guess you had to be there.

till it's you or your family member he was responding to.. :l

for what it is worth..

if the state is "broke"

would it not be a good common sense plan to take money that is being freely offered up by those who disregard the law?

free money from people choosing to give it.. is better than forced money from tax payers..

This is one of the most angry,argumentative forums on the net. I was under the impression(excuse my ignorance) that

they were generally to exchange information amongst people with similar interests in a polite ,calm and civil manner.

It's no wonder why we will never have a our 2nd amendment rights restored. Personal attacks,insults and a general

im the friggin king attitude. Pathetic

In one sense this forum is fun due to all the crap happening. But it is also sad. One thing is for sure - see it here and take it with ~453 grams of salt.

We talk like all the aye holes are in Trenron but there are plenty here. Worse, a good percentage of the members can poke a keyboard but really cannot read and rite(sic) and spell. OK, higher taxes to Trenton for Ed. LOL

Don't worry. I don't think I am better than you. Put me on the aye hole list.

As for the LEO's, why would they tell you on a forum about dept. activity, goals, targets or anything??? Eh??

I dont understand why there are so many people on this forum that will argue with LEO's about the ticket they got. I know I deserved every ticket I have gotten. There are some I definitely deserved and did not get. Just follow the rules of the road. If you are driving around with a visible to all problem with your car your gonna get stopped and maybe even ticketed. Is that not why the police patrol the roads? IDK :rolleyes:

Also, anyone who thinks the people on this forum are argumentative really needs to go look at some other forums. This one is great and not over moderated or overrun with mall ninjas like the rest I went through(try a diesel pickup truck forum if you wanna see ridiculous).

Ken

• Like 1

Thank god this ridiculous thread is still rockin!

My last traffic stop didnt yield a ticket,

maybe because I wasn't driving like a total douche, and miraculously, treated the officer courteously...Could it be possible LEO's are people with a job to do-some are good, some are total asshats?

As for the LEO who post on this forum, most of the posts ive read have been pretty helpful, especially since identifying themselves as such seems to open the door to douchebaggery

I think I will bring a large pie to my local PD tomorrow and thank them for the great job they are trying hard to do, as I'd rather have them than not. For every negative experience, there has been at least 5 positive ones.

• Like 1

Pie always makes everything all better....

I think I will bring a large pie to my local PD tomorrow and thank them for the great job they are trying hard to do, as I'd rather have them than not. For every negative experience, there has been at least 5 positive ones.

My only question is how long from the time he activated his overheads to the time he jumped over the line. Not placing blame on anybody yet just trying to get the facts.

fact pattern and you're searching for the totality of circumstances.

I'm jumping in WAY late but I just read the hostilities from the first page and one thing people have to remember is that seasoned cops will never be like they were before. While your statement was harsh that was your opinion. Perhaps better kept to yourself because this is after a "freedomist" site. The question that the guy was posting was not a jab at police but a question to correct ignorance. Not all people know the costs of each offense and all that jazz. anywho just my $.02. Everybody stop thinking that the other is trying to be rude and if somebody IS then step in their shoes and figure out why before you flame.

Can't say about nj but in NYC Each precinct was different but make no mistake, each precinct had a quota. Usually set by the commanding officer of that precinct. It is NYC so it was more heavy on parking summonses than anything else. For example, one precinct I worked in you had to write one book of parkers (25) 3 moving & 1 red light summons a month. Like I said, each precinct was different but generally around that amount. I remember a buddy of mine left & went to a PD in rockland county & he was fascinated that they didn't care about writing tickets at all.