deadeye74

National Right to Carry Introduced into Senate Today

Holy crap, the negativity and pessimism in this thread is unbelievable. Have a little hope. NJ is in the miniroty with with it's carry/self-defense/gun laws. The pressure is building, something will give eventually.

Illinois is worse than NJ. There it is illegal to have any firearm or ammo without the FOID (firearms owner ID) card. If a person moves from another state into Illinois, they have to obtain the FOID first before bringing their firearms in . New York City and state, a permit is needed before getting a pistol and it is against the law to bring any handgun into NYC/State unless one has a handgun permit first which is taking six months these days. Moving to NJ there is permit needed to bring your (NJ legal) guns in.

Illinois is worse than NJ. There it is illegal to have any firearm or ammo without the FOID (firearms owner ID) card. If a person moves from another state into Illinois, they have to obtain the FOID first before bringing their firearms in . New York City and state, a permit is needed before getting a pistol and it is against the law to bring any handgun into NYC/State unless one has a handgun permit first which is taking six months these days. Moving to NJ there is permit needed to bring your (NJ legal) guns in.

But who said NJ is going to go no issue? This is all just hearsay. Calm down. Everything is moving in the right direction as of now. And any national recip bill will be positive for us.

• Like 1

It could go one of two ways...but inaction isnt an option. If an out of state resident can CCW and the residents cannot, they will either A: Ban CCW all together, or B: expand the scope of CCW and rape us in permit fees to feed their coffers. I can see outrage in the gun community if they try for an outright ban, but this is NJ and politicians are fugging stupid. On the other hand, they allow ccw and raise revenues because face it, people WILL NOT allow NJ state sit by idly while non residents can CCW within legal constraints of the law. If this law passes.. you will see debate hit a flashover point between 2A's and Antis in the year to come.

• Like 1

But who said NJ is going to go no issue? This is all just hearsay. Calm down. Everything is moving in the right direction as of now. And any national recip bill will be positive for us.

Its a chess game. At least its moving. NJ is going to have to make a move. The polticians can't sit still now and pretend nothing is going on.

Its a chess game. At least its moving. NJ is going to have to make a move. The polticians can't sit still now and pretend nothing is going on.

There are no propposed bills or laws on the table for NJ to go no issue. No one is even talking about it. Again, aside from IL, NJ is in the extreme minority now(48 states have reasonable carry/gun laws). We might be the last to go, but we will get there. Maybe before having to go to SCOTUS.

It could go one of two ways...but inaction isnt an option. If an out of state resident can CCW and the residents cannot, they will either A: Ban CCW all together, or B: expand the scope of CCW and rape us in permit fees to feed their coffers. I can see outrage in the gun community if they try for an outright ban, but this is NJ and politicians are fugging stupid. On the other hand, they allow ccw and raise revenues because face it, people WILL NOT allow NJ state sit by idly while non residents can CCW within legal constraints of the law. If this law passes.. you will see debate hit a flashover point between 2A's and Antis in the year to come.

I agree on scenario "B". It's no secret that the FID & PPP applications have increased substantially as of late and hopefully the political whores of NJ are noticing the glitch in the matrix.

Just because there are no bills in NJ posted to further attack the 2A don't think for a second that high ranking politicos within the NJSP are not in talks with elected officials (law and public safety committe) advising them on how "diasterous" it would be for NJ to have simple ordinary american citizens having firearm carry permits. As we all type here they are burning the midnight oil crafting a policy to take a pre-emptive strike against national reciprocity if it should become law of the land.

• Like 3

No, there isn't..you don't need an FPID to Bring your guns here, if you moved here with 18 safe-loads of guns (ALL nj legal of course) including handguns, and a trailerload of ammo, you would NEVER need an FPID, it's reccomended to get one, and necessary if you ever want to buy any ammunition that can be used in a handgun, but other than that, you're OK..NJ has it's issues but they are differen than Il or NY

Did you mean to say NO permit needed?

Correct, my typo...No permit to bring in from another state into NJ.

I think in California , pistols that are bought in (when you move there from another state) have to be registered...no sure about the long guns though. Carry Permits are available in some counties though.

Puerto Rico is worse than NJ when it comes to gun laws. Puerto Rico is in the midst of starting up a national gun registry, and if I read it correctly everything (including long guns) will be on the registry and permit/license holders will be in the registry. I know PR is not a state, but in a sense it is in some ways.

Hawaii has permits and licensing systems that look worse than NJ. Massachusetts is pretty awful for gun laws, though it might be possible to get a carry permit there.

Both Massachusetts and Illinois got the idea for their FID schemes from New Jersey's 1966 Sills Gun Control Act. Illinois started their FOID (Firearm Owners ID) card in 1968. Not sure when Mass started their FID system.

The fact that under this bill I will be able to carry in NYC with my Florida CCW but not in my home state of NJ is beyond ridiculous. A federal CCW permit valid in 50 states, with a background check and training requirement, would have made a lot more sense and been much simpler and could have left all the current state laws in place as well.

That is the most horrible idea I've ever heard. I'm actually angry having read it.

Please don't bring that way of thinking if you ever come to America.

• Like 1

A federal CCW permit valid in 50 states, with a background check and training requirement, would have made a lot more sense and been much simpler and could have left all the current state laws in place as well.

No, No, No