7-3-2

XDs??

I like the trigger on them a lot. They are very comfortable to hold.

I've heard nothing but great things about them for reliability. It's

a great alternative to Glock if you're in the market for a polymer

pistol and the Glock doesn't fit your hand. I believe the XDm s have

interchangeable backstraps like the Gen 4s.

zoid, wrong gun buddy. =)

XD-S as in the slim pocket 45. =)

Jon and I had the pleasure of using and abusing this pistol at Shot Show in vegas. I think it was the highlight of the show for me. Even though it is a 45, it is far and above much more enjoyable to shoot over the snap happy Ruger LCP and LC9, and perfectly sized.

It is the one gun I am waiting for to buy.

Btw, trigger on this gun was much nicer than the full size XD guns. Short and crisp.

Jon and I had the pleasure of using and abusing this pistol at Shot Show in vegas. I think it was the highlight of the show for me. Even though it is a 45, it is far and above much more enjoyable to shoot over the snap happy Ruger LCP and LC9, and perfectly sized.

Btw, trigger on this gun was much nicer than the full size XD guns. Short and crisp.

Oh I thought he meant XDs as in plural, haha! I was thinking, hmm, the XD has been out for a while but maybe he's new to shooting.

Nice!! Im excited to get one of these in my hands, did they mention a price point? I cant find any information on the springfield site regarding msrp.

Mid 500's MSRP? IIRC. Street price around $450? Whatever it was, the mentioned it would be in line with the other offerings in the segment, and not Sig Crazy ass P224 $950 street price, $1180 MSRP.

I concur with this review. Loved shooting this thing, and can't wait for it to hit the gun counters.

Zoid my fault the way i typed XDs was a bit misleading, next time ill type XD-s lol

Actually, it's Springfield Armory's fault. Their lame marketing department came up with the name and they don't even know what the "s" stands for, not to mention the fact that they overlooked the plural of XD.

Nice gun, stupid name.

Actually, it's Springfield Armory's fault. Their lame marketing department came up with the name and they don't even know what the "s" stands for, not to mention the fact that they overlooked the plural of XD.

Nice gun, stupid name.

XD-slim.

Nice gun, stupid name.

:facepalm:

Ok, as much as I want to, here is my review of it, without saying... "because it is not a glock"

First of all, Size. True pocket size. Slightly bigger than the Ruger LCP iirc.

Ergonomics... fit my hand like a glove, while being as thin as the Walther PPS or smaller.

Trigger - for a striker fired pistol, was pretty damn sweet, clean and crisp, not a carry over from the XD.

Recoil - This gun was different in the sense of after putting through 3 mags or more, wanted to shoot more, managed the recoil quite well out of such a small gun.

Pretty damn accurate too.

Ok, as much as I want to, here is my review of it, without saying... "because it is not a glock"

First of all, Size. True pocket size. Slightly bigger than the Ruger LCP iirc.

Ergonomics... fit my hand like a glove, while being as thin as the Walther PPS or smaller.

Trigger - for a striker fired pistol, was pretty damn sweet, clean and crisp, not a carry over from the XD.

Recoil - This gun was different in the sense of after putting through 3 mags or more, wanted to shoot more, managed the recoil quite well out of such a small gun.

Pretty damn accurate too.

Thank you for a non Anti Glock response, LOL!

As thers pointed out, XDs as in Slim. Slim as in 45 single stack.

Not for nothing, but can you show me the official SA marketing material that says it stands for "slim"? I remember TGO on Gun Talk saying they didn't know what it stood for.

Just for comparison

LCP .380 6+1

LC9 9mm 7+1

KelTec PF9 7+1

KelTec P11 10+1

XDS .45 5+1

Length

LCP 5.16"

LC9 6"

KelTec 5.85"

KelTec P11 5.6"

XDS 6.3"

Width

LCP .82"

LC9 .9"

KelTec .88"

KelTec P11 1"

XDS 1"

Height

LCP 3.6"

LC9 4.5"

KelTec 4.3"

KelTec P11 4.3"

XDS 4.4"

Weight

LCP 9.4oz

LC9 17.1oz

KelTec 12.7oz

KelTec P11 14oz

XDS 29oz

That weight, 29oz was all over shot show, but the gun did not feel heavy, it might be 29 with a loaded mag?

And yes, when asked Springfield Rep, they mentioned other calibers would be avail down the line, but decided to roll out 45 first.

Not for nothing, but can you show me the official SA marketing material that says it stands for "slim"? I remember TGO on Gun Talk saying they didn't know what it stood for.

That was from the words of the Springfield Rep I spoke with, and some material I saw at Shot. I will check if it is left in my goody bag of marketing materials, but the main focus of the gun, was how thin it was for a 45.

I believe there is an ad for it in this months American Rifleman