david8613

why no picture or video allowed in bullet hole?

why no picture or video allowed in bullet hole? i was there the other day shooting my taurus 617 snubby .357 magnum and was shooting these beautiful firey halos! i wanted to get a pic/vid of it and got shot down instantly, dont get it, other places allow it?

I've read it on another thread by the owner, that they dont want pictures or vieeo from their range being used in the news, which I think happened. It may have been a negative news report toward 2A or something like that.

Because they have a lot of LEO/CO who use the range, and they should not always be put in pictures which will go up who knows where.

I don't see that being the issue. If someone wants to take video of himself/herself or someone they are with who may be shooting for the first time, shouldn't be a problem.

But if they don't want any pic/vid, it's their range, their rules.

I backed out of the port once to text someone (pistol was in the bench, muzzle pointed down range) and I was asked not to take any pics. I just said, No, I'm texting. And he backed off. No issues.

Assume for a second that you take a video of yourself doing something illegal and then post it on facetube (to steal a phrase from top gear). Now they look like they allow and encourage illegal activities.

In general I think people are way to free with cameras while they do things that MIGHT be considered illegal, stupid, or ill advised, and people around guns are not immune to this.

Because they have a lot of LEO/CO who use the range, and they should not always be put in pictures which will go up who knows where.

Why would LEOs object to being photographed at that establishment any more than other, regular citizens would? Would they also be upset at their pictured being taken at, say, an ice cream parlor? That doesn't seem reasonable.

Why would LEOs object to being photographed at that establishment any more than other, regular citizens would? Would they also be upset at their pictured being taken at, say, an ice cream parlor? That doesn't seem reasonable.

Could be used to say "the cops are here at this time... this is where you can get 'em" or something...

There was a video circulating a few years back filmed at Ready Aim Fire. You could find it in a bunch of the neighborhood stores for a few dollars, as well as being given away to a bunch of kids at some of the local schools, from what I was told. It was basically a Bloods recruiting video. It showed a handful of thugs shooting a number of different guns, including the class three carbines while throwing signs and the like. They dubbed in some music, and combined the range segment with several other examples of thug life and the game. Needless to say, it didn't make RAF look like the place to take your kids for a fun time together. I know a lot of folks who stopped going there after the video surfaced. It was no real fault of RAF, but they paid for it, regardless.

Might be part of thier thinking...

Come to Bayonne pistol range, noone cares if you take photo's or use a video camera.

I was there with my buddy Larry last night. Awesome place. Nice people. It was practically empty. I think we found our new range! :)

I also think it might be that they want people foucused on shooting, Rather then trying to put on a photo shoot and perhaps being a little unsafe in the process. I was at the range once and there was a couple next to me . Everytime the girl would shoot the guy would whip out the camera and tell her to look, then she would turn around trying to pose for a photo with a still loaded gun in her hands. Of course thats just a thought. I personally think its not that big of a deal if you want to take a few pics as ling as your being safe.

LEO can't have their photos taken? Is this Mexico? Are they going to start wearing masks while they patrol and shoot at us?

They should be on video uploaded to Youtube continuously.

LEO can't have their photos taken? Is this Mexico? Are they going to start wearing masks while they patrol and shoot at us?

They should be on video uploaded to Youtube continuously.

Ed, keep in mind there are undercover officers out there doing work, and while they shouldn't be using a public range, it may be all that's available to them. I would not want a picture of UC getting out that outs them as LE in the middle of an operation.