Shortfuse

CCW Badges

I have seen them in the Sportmans Guide catalogue. IMHO, they seem dorky and stupid. I know that sounds childish, but there is no point to owning a store bought "CCW badge" even if you have a CCW permit.

Even if there were legal in a state, you run the risk of being charged with impersonating an officer. IMO.

If it were legal in a state, you wouldn't run that risk. Those states don't have laws about "impersonating an officer."

I prefer the CCW Sash:

http://www.dsmsafety.com/ccw.html

It's like the Safety sashes they give to crossing gaurds :)

If it were legal in a state, you wouldn't run that risk. Those states don't have laws about "impersonating an officer."

I prefer the CCW Sash:

http://www.dsmsafety.com/ccw.html

It's like the Safety sashes they give to crossing gaurds :)

:icon_lol: Is this for real!?

I asked I got. No big deal. Since I can only carry when I leave this State and I dont do that often enough to worry about it I won't be purchasing one just happen to see one and wondered what people on the forum thought about them. Im glad I didn't buy one and then post on the Forum hey look what I got. Thanks for the imput.

Keith

If you want one, knock yourself out. Functionally I think they are worthless (just my opinion). I don't see any advantage of showing them to anyone, even after a self defense shooting. But if you're the type who likes to collect novelties, go for it.

As far as whether they are "legal" or not, I believe those states only make them illegal to show in public to mislead someone to believe the holder was a cop. I do not believe they are contraband to the point of being illegal to own, particularly if the intent is to have it as a novelty item on a desk or shelf.

I'd get one as a joke, or novelty like someone else said..

I wouldn't dare carry it though.

I did see some site, that engraves them with your state, permit # and all medical info on the back. I could see that coming in handy, but then again, I just carry a medical card..

you know what I always wondered..

something crazy happens.. and you shoot some criminal dead.. and are maybe holding the other at gun point.. till the police arrive..

they walk in on someone down.. and you drawn down on someone..

how does that work out...

while I think a "ccw badge" is ghey.. I think it would be nice to have a system to ID yourself in a shooting..

The first thing that came to mind when I saw the badge was you pull into a parking lot next to a police car as you exit your vehicle your shirt hikes up and the cop sees your .45 stuck inyour wasteband next thing you know your taken down from behind cuffed and his knee is grinding into the back of your neck until he finds out your legal maybe if he sees a shinney badge next to the gun he approches you in a less aggresive manor or if you standing in line in a store and someone notices you have a firearm if there is a badge clipped on your waist people may tend to be a little less jittery.