NickC

Just started... and i can't stop.

I hear it is bad to leave titegroup in your powder res., just a heads up.

Really? Why's that?

I was on the Eno's forums and read that you shouldn't dump the powder back into the original container.

To be safe, i'll just use it asap.

Thanks for the warning.

Really? Why's that?

I was on the Eno's forums and read that you shouldn't dump the powder back into the original container.

Thanks for the warning.

I haven't heard that you shouldn't dump powder back into the original container. I always empty it back with no problems. I do this because I don't want any moisture getting into the powder. I don't know how easily this can happen, but I'm cautious with powder. I seal the containers tight and wrap packing tape around the lids on larger containers (4 & 8 lbs) while storing. I use 1 lb containers for "in use" powders. I also make sure the powder measure is completely empty so that nothing mixes when switching powders.

I have a dehumidifier running in the basement at all times, so it keeps humidity on the low end.

Will you be loading only .45 or are you looking to do other calibers as well?

General question - do people reload 9mm at all or is that a weird one?

I load 9mm production, 9mm major, 40s&w (for a 1911 and 2011) and 45acp.

I have different toolheads set up for each caliber I shoot.

The only pain is switching from a large primer to small primer and possibly the case feeder plate.

I load 9mm production, 9mm major, 40s&w (for a 1911 and 2011) and 45acp.

I have different toolheads set up for each caliber I shoot.

The only pain is switching from a large primer to small primer and possibly the case feeder plate.

Switching primers is a pain. All else is good.

When I was loading with one of my friends at his house and later at work, there were 2 650's on hand. So 1 was setup for large primers and the other for small primers.

Now I just load a large amount of 45's then switch over to load small primers.

Just need my powders and bullets and I'm all set, all my dies have been set and i'm happy with the numbers read for each station.

Good deal, just make up some test loads and hit the range and see how they cycle the gun and how they Crono also before running off a bunch.

I want to start running off 9mm but need to load more .40, I figure when I have 5K loaded I'll switch to 9mm

Just need my powders and bullets and I'm all set, all my dies have been set and i'm happy with the numbers read for each station.

Coo! So what's your first load recipe going to be?

Nasa Secret. working on guided bullets, so far I'm having trouble fitting the tom tom into the case.

Stick with recommended loads from both Lymann's and your powder manufacturer and start on the low side not the max load and work from there for what works best for your gun and meets power factor.

124 grain bullet at 1.09 OAL and 3.2 grains of 231. Shot very light and very accurate at 10 and 20 yards definitely a nice light load for static steel, knock down well i just don't know. So out of about 80 rounds that i shot i think i had 5 stove pipes... Overall i can't complain. I was loving it.

124 grain bullet at 1.09 OAL and 3.2 grains of 231. Shot very light and very accurate at 10 and 20 yards definitely a nice light load for static steel, knock down well i just don't know. So out of about 80 rounds that i shot i think i had 5 stove pipes... Overall i can't complain. I was loving it.

Yea, I'd bet that would be a little light, probably below Minor PF, but not a bad place to start.

Id see if you might want to bring it up to a OAL just a tad, try 1.125 and the same 3.2gr and make up about 10-20 of them. Then make up a another 10-20 at 3.4, 3.6, 3.8 and 4.0 and bring them Saturday and lets Crono them and see how they work.

5 Stove Pipes out of 80 rounds is making me think that it's not cycling the gun properly.

Really? Why's that?

Thanks for the warning.

It reacts with the plastic. At least it did on my lnl. Discolored it and made it get all rubbery/vinyl tubing feeling.

Update for the loads for my CZ 85 Combat being I finished loading all the .40S&W brass I had on hand and decided to try 9mm for the 1st time.

Final load for the CZ 85 Combat came in at:

Components used:

Brass: mixed once fired

Primers: CCI SPP

Bullet: X-Treme 124 GR RN

Powder: VV N320, 4.0gr, actually testing a total of 10 consecutive pours it came in at .1gr under so the average works out to 3.99, close enough for me to call it 4.0. lol

OAL: 1.145 +/- .003 (tool-head clamp kit for the Dillon 650 makes the difference here) so 1.142-1.148 OAL

PF: AVG 125.86 (50 test rounds)

Variance: Low PF 125.49, High PF 126.36 not one came in below the 125PF

Notes: Over the 50 rounds all of them were above the 125 PF and higher. FPS variance was only highest 1019FPS and lowest was 1012FPS.

Just wow, I think I have my 9mm load figured out. I just can't believe the consistency of the VV N320 powder.

By the way, the gun is a stock CZ 85 Combat. :)

you might want that PF around 135 never know what the chrono will find at a big match.

Ronny and Jon, I'd bump it up for a big match just to play it safe and but more than likely I wouldn't be shooing 9mm at a big match, I'd shoot Limited or L/10 with my Brazos Edge.

This CZ is my Steel gun, static and Knockdown, and no plans to do anything but local steel anyway, well for now that is..