I recently picked up a Remington 700 sps tac from superbee

rifle.jpg

didn't come out of the box until this arrived:

20120407_003948.jpg

45" rifle case, AICS 1.5 black, SWFA scope, Leupold 30mm rings, Harris bipod

aics7002.jpg

aics7005.jpg

aics700-1.jpg

How much does a stock like that cost and can you install it yourself?

looks amazing.

I got mine brand new for 800$ shipped brand new from a guy that bought it and never mounted it.

Took me about 5 minutes to install, unscrew two screws, drop the receiver in and screw it in lol.

I prefer pissing in someone's cheerios thank you very much :D. It has been my experience that an AICS (obviously) cant make a crappy barrel shoot, but on a decent barreled action they can shrink up groups over an unbedded stock. So I was hoping for a little before and after to see if it worked out that way for the op. I have also seen it go the other way but this has been traced back to improper installation.(think torque values). I have also seen some play with the torque values front to back and achieve some interesting results with improving accuracy. I like the feel of a McMillan A5 better but not enough to sway me from the excellent AI mag system. The only two things I didnt like about the AICS is that it has a very distinct (annoying) ring to it when fired. And I founfd it very heavy. I never put em side by side on a scale but my AICS with a 20" barreled action felt a lot heavier than my AIAW with a 26" barrel. Go figure..

It's supposed to be torqued to 6lbs I believe. But when I go to the range maybe I'll take the factory stock as well to see if there is a significant accuracy difference. Being that it takes less than five minutes to install it shouldn't be a problem.

6nm is what i meant. i just tightened it until snug when the screws kind of just spun into place. I have to pick up a torque wrench from advance auto in the next couple of days. trying to hit range 14 sunday and take it for a spin :gaming:

thanks, weighed it a few days ago, 13.5 lbs unloaded :wacko: but it feels real solid.

I finally found a torque wrench from 20-200inch pounds and got the torque spec squared up. I only had it at about 55 instead of 65. Hopefully taking it to range-14 sunday if all goes well.