Shawnmoore81

Stag arms

No exp yet but hopefully soon. I've been talking to them about a compliant model 8 which is their piston AR. Which model did he get?

ETA-be nice to see a pic of the m4 feedramps Stag recently started standardizing on all their rifles :)

The build I'm planning on, I've been looking at a lot of Stag parts. From what I read, their standard stuff isn't quite mil-spec, however, since you're likely only going to be shooting the weapon on semi-auto, they're perfectly fine. Apparently they use some really good barrel metal, but it isn't as effective at dissipating heat (or something like that) from sustained fire. I read that they're one of the best values though, price vs. quality wise. Hell, I don't think I've ever seen any complaints about them.

I just took delivery of a Stag 1L. Fit and finish look GREAT. Have not shot it yet so I cannot comment there. Also just ordered a 7L, which is 6.8spc. Has not arrived yet but it was in stock. Stag apperently has one of the lowest waiting times as they recently increased the size of their manufacturing area. They are made in the USA. They are a newer company in the ar game, but i have read that they have been making parts for other companies in the ar game for a long time. For me, the selling point was that they had a left handed model, and it was in stock. Also looked at the S&W but it was $500 more and in right handed. I have done a lot of research on the web, and found very few people that had a problem with them...for the money, they seem a good deal.

One additional piece of info that i did not have when I "pulled the trigger" (pun intended) is that stag offers a plus package on the 5.56 models. The plus package on a complete gun is $100. Everyone that talks about the Stag on the net says that this is a steal for what you are getting. This package is also offered on most uppers and lowers that Stag sells as well. None in the 6.8 spc though.

I really want to order my Stag parts, only thing I'm waiting on is to see if anyone here on NJGF has any A3 uppers, or other parts I need for my build. I should probably just go ahead and get the upper and barrel at least I suppose...

Glad there's a good manufacturer who can keep up with demand, and still offers a fair price for what seems to be a really good quality product.

Yes, here are the important points

1. Insert mag

2. Pull back charge handle

3. Sight on target

4. Squeeze trigger

5. Repeat step 4 as necessary

Enjoy

And don't forget step 6, 7 and 8. Tap, rack and access when it jams because it gets dirty.

:facepalm:

That is a Stag model 3 with the Diamondhead versa rail. Stag's optics ready package. I had one and should have kept it. Diamondhead also sells iron sights for that AR that are really nice, but pricey. The front sight is taller because it is mounted on top of the gas block. He should be real happy with it. Make sure he lets you shoot it.

The build I'm planning on, I've been looking at a lot of Stag parts. From what I read, their standard stuff isn't quite mil-spec, however, since you're likely only going to be shooting the weapon on semi-auto, they're perfectly fine. Apparently they use some really good barrel metal, but it isn't as effective at dissipating heat (or something like that) from sustained fire. I read that they're one of the best values though, price vs. quality wise. Hell, I don't think I've ever seen any complaints about them.

Their 16" barrels are m4 profile, and are chrome lined with a 5.56 chamber. The only thing left at that point is the steel. Are they accurate? No idea, but unless they are using worse barrel steel, they sound mil spec or close enough. Between different non-stainless, barrel grade steels, there isn't going to be much difference in thermal conductivity, which means that heat dissipation is up to mass , which is down to barrel profile. Does it have the "double thick" chrome of some barrels out there? PRobably not, but that isn't mil-spec either unless you are making an m249 barrel. It is 1:9 twist rate, which isn't the current mil spec of 1:7 for shorter m4 barrels.

Under sustained full auto, you can strip out the chrome lining of even mil-spec barrels. Chroming isn't perfect, there's nothing magic about it and nothing magic about mil-spec. If you are on a budget, I don't see anything wrong with a stag barrel. Heck, I might use one for a cheapie build now that I know they sell cheap barrels.

Their 16" barrels are m4 profile, and are chrome lined with a 5.56 chamber. The only thing left at that point is the steel. Are they accurate? No idea, but unless they are using worse barrel steel, they sound mil spec or close enough. Between different non-stainless, barrel grade steels, there isn't going to be much difference in thermal conductivity, which means that heat dissipation is up to mass , which is down to barrel profile. Does it have the "double thick" chrome of some barrels out there? PRobably not, but that isn't mil-spec either unless you are making an m249 barrel. It is 1:9 twist rate, which isn't the current mil spec of 1:7 for shorter m4 barrels.

Under sustained full auto, you can strip out the chrome lining of even mil-spec barrels. Chroming isn't perfect, there's nothing magic about it and nothing magic about mil-spec. If you are on a budget, I don't see anything wrong with a stag barrel. Heck, I might use one for a cheapie build now that I know they sell cheap barrels.

Now with the M4 feed ramps on the barrels, does that make them incompatable with certain uppers or Bolt Carrier Groups? I'm looking at a Stag Upper and barrel, but I'm not sure if a different BCG or something wouldn't be compatible due to M4 feed ramps.

It is if you get the plus package for $75 on uppers and $100 on full rifles:

In addition to our standard features listed above the Plus Package includes:

- 4150 CMV barrel steel chrome lined

- 1/7 Twist rifling

- Individually MP & HP tested and marked Bolt & Barrel

- M-16 Bolt Carrier

- Heavy (H) buffer assembly

- One extra 30rd USGI Magazine (two total)*

It is if you get the plus package for $75 on uppers and $100 on full rifles:

In addition to our standard features listed above the Plus Package includes:

- 4150 CMV barrel steel chrome lined

- 1/7 Twist rifling

- Individually MP & HP tested and marked Bolt & Barrel

- M-16 Bolt Carrier

- Heavy (H) buffer assembly

- One extra 30rd USGI Magazine (two total)*

Ah, I forgot to specify that I'm not buying a package. I just happen to like both their A3 Upper, and 20" barrel. Because I'm looking for a different rail, and a low-profile gasblock with no front sight post, I have to order both of those parts individually.

I have a Stag 2H upper and Stag Fixed 6 position style stock that I got from Pete over at ar15sales.com. He ordered everything for me NJ compliant. He was super cool and the parts were at the door in under 10 days. I've only had it for about a month now and have only taken it to the range once so far (waiting on some other goodies) and love it. Price was great and so was turnover on the order.

This picture is with out the MOE Grip, Magpul Rail section, and I'm still waiting on the Magpul RVG.

web.jpg?ver=13335031220001

Now with the M4 feed ramps on the barrels, does that make them incompatable with certain uppers or Bolt Carrier Groups? I'm looking at a Stag Upper and barrel, but I'm not sure if a different BCG or something wouldn't be compatible due to M4 feed ramps.

M4 cuts have nothing to do with BCGs. If your upper has m4 cuts, your barrel NEEDS m4 cuts because if it doesn't, there will be a nice flat part for bullets to hang up on when feeding. If your upper doesn't have M4 cuts, it's better if your barrel doesn't, but things are usually functional if your barrel does as the upper will jsut cover some of the m4 cuts.