usnmars

If you ever wanted an M1.....

Now is the time to get your arse to the north store. I picked up a couple of cherries today that are insanely nice. The HRA FG's are the hot ticket today as many are on the verge of correct grade guns. I picked up 2 HRA FG's, one has HRA barrel that has a MW of 0, yup a ZERO and a TE of 1 and the other has a MW of .5 and TE of 2. These are FG's! I also picked up a racker Winchester with a MW of .75. There is a ton of nice stuff on the floors now, so if you ever thought of doing a trip head out there ASAP!

Now is the time to get your arse to the north store. I picked up a couple of cherries today that are insanely nice. The HRA FG's are the hot ticket today as many are on the verge of correct grade guns. I picked up 2 HRA FG's, one has HRA barrel that has a MW of 0, yup a ZERO and a TE of 1 and the other has a MW of .5 and TE of 2. These are FG's! I also picked up a racker Winchester with a MW of .75. There is a ton of nice stuff on the floors now, so if you ever thought of doing a trip head out there ASAP!

You went a third time?? lol

Here are some pics. First off in my new Winchester which was born early in 1942, it needs a major clean up and last the HRA's which are just slathered in Cosmo

THE WINCHESTER

DSC01110.jpg

DSC01112.jpg

THE HRA's

DSC01113.jpg

DSC01114.jpg

DSC01116.jpg

Wow! I have never seen a field grade with a 0 muzzle wear! Nice low 6 digit Winnie too! Those definitely weren't out in the racks when we were there a few weeks ago! looks like another productive CMP trip! I cannot wait to go back!

We had a post running about the trip 2 weeks ago for quite a while.http://njgunforums.c...__fromsearch__1 The one HRA with a MW of zero should be a correct grade. I just broke it down and it's 100% HRA parts that are correct for the SN, so that was a real score. The other HRA has a Springfield bolt so I happen to have an HRA bolt laying in the parts bin so it too is now correct. If I ever go to correct the Winchester, it's gonna cost me a fortune to get the parts so I am going to slap a set of lockbar sights and a Winchester bolt on it and call it good. For $525 you couldn't go wrong with these things, I am already starting to plan a trip for the summer, around July/August once my bank account recovers from my latest binge.

Usnmars, July/August would probably work for most of the rest of us as well. How many folks went on the last trip? Did you need a big fullsize van?

I'm gonna have to participate in some firearm instruction, and a proof of membership from the NJ division of the NRA so I'll be eligible to purchase a rifle. CMP's eligibility requirements certainly are a fair number of hoops to jump through!

Will a FL/UT carry permit suffice for firearm instruction? What kind of NRA membership is needed to satisfy a shooting organization?

National level NRA doesn't qualify. Local state level NRA does.

CMP has a whole list of the eligible clubs on its website:

http://clubs.odcmp.com/cgi-bin/clubSearchSubmit.cgi?clubMembership=OPEN&state=NJ

hahahaha, just wait Halb.... Lockbars are on Mr. Winchester as I refer to it, WRA bolt on order, and WRA oprod, next time I am home "he" is being sent to Shuffs for a nice park bath. Now when that comes back from a nice trip to the "day spa" I will post some pics... then it will be torture.