Kingsoverqueens

Recommendation for 1911 pistol in 22LR

Thanks for the replies.

I'll check out Colt.

EB Sports, when you say "They make the 22LR for sig" do you mean that GSG makes the gun FOR Sig to be sold as a Sig, or that (They) Sig makes a 1911?

The GSG 1911-22 and Sig 1911-22 are the same gun, both made by GSG.

Do you want something that looks like a 1911 or something that feels like a 1911? Do you already have a 1911 in 45? A 22 conversion kit is more expensive, but is the way to go. Unless you like pot metal!

I understand.

I have the slide conversion kit for my Beretta 92FS. But for what I spent on that I could have bought a dedicated .22 and had two pistols.

I don't really want a 1911 in 45. This is really a beginners gun for my kid that I might use at OBRAMs or the like.

From what I've read the mfg's have done a good job to mimic the look and feel of the .22 verision so that it's close to the real deal. Is that not true?

Kings --- I just purchased a GSG 1911 2 weeks ago -- It's a blast to shoot for me but as delivered was a little large in the grip for my son --

I'm working on shortening up the length of pull and have put some smaller, thin grips on -- Anyway, If your the guy I think you are then I'll see you at YSB --

Hopefully we can make it this week -- I'll bring the GSG and If they don't get out too late you and your boy are welcome to send a few downrange --

Jer

I run Federal Bulk and she works well, while CCI would be better and absolutely trouble free I just have way too much Federal Bulk on hand to add any other 22LR ammo to the supply. I just can't pass up the Dunn.com deal they run and at $169 for 5250 rounds I have a about 4 orders still on hand.. :)

Good Deal, I just got 2100 rounds of Federal so I'll be using that... I'll have to keep my eye on that site to see if they get it back in stock again, that is a great deal...

Thanks

If your gun isn't broken in, I would say run her a little wet and dirty for the break-in.

I run Federal Bulk and she works well, while CCI would be better and absolutely trouble free I just have way too much Federal Bulk on hand to add any other 22LR ammo to the supply. I just can't pass up the Dunn.com deal they run and at $169 for 5250 rounds I have a about 4 orders still on hand.. :)

Harry - Dunn.com came up as a "computer and technology law firm" What is the actual site you got such a great deal on the 22 ammo?

My GSG eats everything I put in it. It's most accurate with CCI Blazers a the moment.

I even tried a few mags of Wolf match ammo. Federal bulk runs just fine too.

On it's 1st outing it was giving me trouble feeding from a full mag but thats gone now.

I picked up a case of that Dunns Federal bulk a couple weeks ago too.

Looking for mags now -- PSA had them but I delayed my order and now they show none. Free shipping there right now.

Aim surplus had them the last time I checked but they want $13 or $14 for shipping. Really don't want to add a high shipping charge to an already overpriced mag.