gunforhire

The new Gun For Hire site is up!

Very nice site. Good looking, very functional, and orderly. Might I suggest not having the pop up vid slap you in the face upon opening? Perhaps incorporate into the main content section that cycles through? Very nice though. Worth whatever it cost :)

Thank you. I want all new visitors to see the video. We are working with the programmer to decide the play cycle, etc.

Anthony

I like it.

I've been writing internet-based software for about 15 years now (the backend stuff that makes the websites work). One of the problems I see on many websites is that when you land on the page,you have no clue what the company does. In real life, you have about 5 seconds to explain what you do before somebody clicks away. This website works because the logo and placement explain what your company does very quickly and very well. The logo is in the upper left hand corner of the screen, which is the most precious real estate, because that is where the eyes go first. That's very important and you are doing that.

The other thing I like is that you are not necessarily selling Gun for Hire. You are selling Anthony Colandro and your larger-than-life personality. It's kind of like Larry Ellison with Oracle or Richard Branson with Virgin. Those two brands and personalities are one in the same. So one of the smartest things you did was put you up on that website with your face all over it.

Take a look at this website:

http://www.kangaroocarry.com/

Would you buy a holster from this man? I sure would if I was in the market for that. Within 10 seconds, you know what his company does, he shows you what his product can do, and then personally explains why his holster is a good idea. You keep it like that and you will do well.

I'd send you a Birkat Haesek, but you seems to be doing gangbusters without one. Mazel Tov on the new website, brother. May you have many years of success.

I can relate to wanting new visitors see the vid (as it is a very good one at that) You can have a script run that only pops the video up for new ip addresses for the first site visit and then return users can just be directed to the main site. Incorporating the video into the main content cycle would keep it readily available for return users that want to watch the video again. Dont take any negative criticism form this, just something that might be more pleasing to return users. :)

I can relate to wanting new visitors see the vid (as it is a very good one at that) You can have a script run that only pops the video up for new ip addresses for the first site visit and then return users can just be directed to the main site. Incorporating the video into the main content cycle would keep it readily available for return users that want to watch the video again. Dont take any negative criticism form this, just something that might be more pleasing to return users. :)

Thank You

Another vote for please ditch the "mandatory' video - think of the poor kittens who have limited data plans on their smartphones tethered to laptops...

Flash menus are fast and responsive, nice.

What no mention that GFH now has a new forum!?: http://gunforhire.com/forum/

Working on a plan for the video. The forum is just for students to ask the instructors questions etc. We are getting there.

I like it.

I've been writing internet-based software for about 15 years now (the backend stuff that makes the websites work). One of the problems I see on many websites is that when you land on the page,you have no clue what the company does. In real life, you have about 5 seconds to explain what you do before somebody clicks away. This website works because the logo and placement explain what your company does very quickly and very well. The logo is in the upper left hand corner of the screen, which is the most precious real estate, because that is where the eyes go first. That's very important and you are doing that.

The other thing I like is that you are not necessarily selling Gun for Hire. You are selling Anthony Colandro and your larger-than-life personality. It's kind of like Larry Ellison with Oracle or Richard Branson with Virgin. Those two brands and personalities are one in the same. So one of the smartest things you did was put you up on that website with your face all over it.

Take a look at this website:

http://www.kangaroocarry.com/

Would you buy a holster from this man? I sure would if I was in the market for that. Within 10 seconds, you know what his company does, he shows you what his product can do, and then personally explains why his holster is a good idea. You keep it like that and you will do well.

I'd send you a Birkat Haesek, but you seems to be doing gangbusters without one. Mazel Tov on the new website, brother. May you have many years of success.

Thank you Ryan.