Pizza Bob

EFGA members - Tell me more than the website does

I see that they have several vendors designated as sign-up spots. Can you go to one of them, join and shoot the same day? The inference from EFGA's website is that there is a locked gate for access - if I were to join at Jim Flynn's for instance, does he give me a key to the gate?

It's a bit of a hike for me, but a relatively easy ride (up 31 and across I-78), and I like their facilities and lack of fudd rules (sorry, that was the best way to put it).

Thanks for shedding some light on this.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The gate combination is on the back of the id card, so yes if you stop at Jim's and sign up you can shoot that day. Note that Jim is only open on week days, which is good as EF is not crowded on weekdays. There is also a large Walmart about 12 minute drive from the range, which has been well stocked with ammo every time I visited.

I think you can also join at Sarco, call them and ask if they still have the cards....Closer to EFGA than Jim Flynns.

Check the website calendar for any closures.

I ll be there later today........

Thanks Vlad, but I'm thinking more like Tuesday. I think Heritage Guild was also listed as a sign-up point.

Can someone clear-up some conflicting information for me? On the website, where they list the venders where you can sign-up, they all say you can also get the annual guest pass. Elsewhere on the website it says the annual guest pass is only available at their monthly meeting. What's the straight info?

Which Walmart is close? Can you give me a town name or location?

Thanks all.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Walmart in Easton, 3722 Easton Nazarath Highway. From the range directions, at the intersection of Main and Island Park Road, go 1 block further down Main, and turn left onto S 25th Street at the light(its the only way to turn), that will bring you directly to Walmart.

Usually I go to Walmart first, stay on 78 and take 33 North to the Nazarath exit, Walmart is there. From there I follow Nazarath south, turns into S25th st, take it to the end, right onto Main, first right onto Island Park Road then on to the range. It makes sense if you look at a map.

Bob, The Walmart I go to is :3722 Easton Nazareth Highway Easton, PA 18045 It is right off of rt 33 I believe the RT 248 Nazerath exit in a large shopping complex all the way in the back right corner. There is also a Dick's Sporting goods rt off 33 which is closer at :4423 Birkland Place Easton, PA 18045 It is also in a large shopping complex in the right rear corner. That is the Fremansburg Ave. Exit.

Bob,

You can sign up on their website and print out a temporary card right away. And you can also buy the guest pass online: http://www.efga.net/join

This is what I did. I just bought both at once online. Took about 2 weeks to receive in the mail. For $60 you won't find a better range with nicer people, IMHO. I'll be on the rifle range tomorrow teaching my fiance.

This is what I did. I just bought both at once online. Took about 2 weeks to receive in the mail. For $60 you won't find a better range with nicer people, IMHO. I'll be on the rifle range tomorrow teaching my fiance.

Nice A-tech, I will be teaching my wife during the week too, most likely Thursday barely anybody Is at the range on weekdays.

Thanks for the link. I've been meaning to sign up. It is so convenient to just sign up online. I may just go tomorrow to the range. I would like to bring the AR but did not get the stock pinned yet. I suppose I could do it tonight.

For those who go on the weekend, is it crowded at the open or does it gradually get crowded?

I was there today from 2-4pm, and was the only one on the pistol range. Didn't go up to the rifle range but i saw only 2 cars on the parking there.

Maybe its busyer in the morning , but on sunday afternoons on rifle there are no more than 2 out of 8 benches ......at least when i ve been there.

I was there today from 2-4pm, and was the only one on the pistol range. Didn't go up to the rifle range but i saw only 2 cars on the parking there.

Maybe its busyer in the morning , but on sunday afternoons on rifle there are no more than 2 out of 8 benches ......at least when i ve been there.

They're all at home watching left turns...

Thanks to all who replied. I joined EFGA this AM using the on-line option. A bit of a hike, but I like the facilities and the rules. Since I would mostly go during the week. I wouldn't expect things to be crowded. Thanks again.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks to all who replied. I joined EFGA this AM using the on-line option. A bit of a hike, but I like the facilities and the rules. Since I would mostly go during the week. I wouldn't expect things to be crowded. Thanks again.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I'm going to join this week. The way I look at it, go there twice and you have nearly broken even compared to any indoor range in the area. Plus 100 yard rifle range? No brainer, IMO.

This looks like a great range. I might look into joining. I can't for the life of me find it using google map's satellite imaging, though. What's the range's exact street address?

Zack:

I was looking for Sarco and pulled up the map from their site. I was able to follow the directions from EFGA's site right to the ramge. PM me when you are off this week.

Adios,

Bob

This looks like a great range. I might look into joining. I can't for the life of me find it using google map's satellite imaging, though. What's the range's exact street address?

This is the address i get when i drop a pin.

2592 E Redington Rd

Hellertown‎ Pennsylvania‎ 18055

United States

I view EFGA in a similar way as I do Range 14. For the price, how can you complain? I'll probably join out there within a week or two. Especially after reading what a few people have said about how it's rarely crowded.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I was there yesterday. It's the 3-4 time I've been on the rifle range on a Sunday and have yet to be in a crowd or see ALL benches bein used. I don't know if I just have some odor that's keeping everyone away, but I still haven't seen EFGA get busy on a Sunday like everyone says

Passed by EFGA for the first time yesterday. Took me an hour to get there from Parsippany. Not sure why but the place was a ghost town. When I got there, there was only one person at the rimfire range and two people at the pistol range. I didnt get a chance to head to the rifle range but I could hear some people shooting. I spent about 5 hours zeroing my scope/red dot/irons and plinking with my 22's. I met a couple of guys there while shooting and were really friendly. I hope the place stays empty like that every time I go. Had a blast and cant wait to go back next weekend to hit the rifle range.

One question for the existing members - What's the proper ettiquete one should follow once you're ready to go down range and swap targets. Since I was either by myself or had one other person there, it was pretty easy to call a seize fire. I'm sure once the place gets busy and there are 5-6 shooters there, there will be different times that people will have to swap targets. What do you do? Sit there and wait until you see everyone pause to reload? Walk around and ask for a seize fire? I can imagine it being a PITA is there are multiple shooters present and they dont all have to switch targets at the same time. Thoughts?

Just give the high sign to whoever is on the line while they're not busy shooting, and ask them if you can head downrange when they're clear. Don't interrupt someone who is actively shooting though.

One question for the existing members - What's the proper ettiquete one should follow once you're ready to go down range and swap targets.

IIRC, in the absence of an RO, the person that was there first (longest) becomes the defacto RO. In reality, most people on the range communicate pretty freely and will be cognizant when someone wants to go down range. BTW, that's "cease" as in stop, not "seize" as in grab.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Usually, everytime someone comes in the benches, everybody finishes their mags and looks back and somebody always says "can we go cold?" or just wait and look until you see if everybody is done or reloading and ask to go cold.

I can't wait to bring my new toy this weekend hopefully.