RubberBullets

Just a little reminder this 4th of July

I just had this discussion.. You know youre getting old when your more concerned with not getting hassled by cops or starting brush fires than to let loose and have some fun. I reckon enough July 4th fires set me down that path of boring

I hope the masses have those same thoughts, considering how dry it is out there right now. I'm hearing of probable thunderstorms tonight, which is what we need to moisten the grounds a bit.

I have never wasted a dime of my hard earned money on fireworks. Just don't see the point. I love the celebration and a few fireworks but people go crazy with all sorts of crap and spending over $1k on fireworks. No thanks. I will save the $1k for a LWRC.

I will be working trying to keep all the knuckleheads from hurting themselves or others. Plus crowd control around the nyc/nj fireworks.

What are the fines/penalty for setting off fireworks in a backyard? (not doing it myself)....

Personally it's fun watching the neighbors set them off.. Except for that one neighbor who decided to do it every Saturday night at 10:30pm for 4 weeks till the local PD caught him...

While the map is technically accurate,many of those states that "allow fireworks" ban pretty much everything besides the cool ones. I know for a fact NC does not allow any aerial fireworks, and while sellers in PA can sell just about anything besides dynamite, PA residents cannot buy any of the good stuff. But an NJ resident could walk right in there and leave with dozens of roman candles and mortar cannons.

What are the fines/penalty for setting off fireworks in a backyard? (not doing it myself)....

Personally it's fun watching the neighbors set them off.. Except for that one neighbor who decided to do it every Saturday night at 10:30pm for 4 weeks till the local PD caught him...

Most places by me you are getting arrested. Unsure about punisments. Usually not there for sentencing.

"The day will be most memorable in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, bonfires and illuminations (fireworks) from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more."

So wrote John Adams on July 3, 1776 to his wife after the Continental Congress had decided to proclaim the American colonies independent of England. Fireworks were associated with Independence Day celebrations even before the signing of the Declaration.

Local fire marshals and police can confiscate your fireworks, at the very least. Penalties ...at the local level can be from $500 to $5,000. If the State presses charges under the Dept of Labor (they handle the fireworks end of the business) they will hit you with a $7,500 penalty depending on the seriousness of the charge. Just sayin.

No, its because most people are irresponsible with fireworks and put others at risk with their carlessness and stupidity. Lighting fireworks in an urban environment is reckless in itself and just plain stupid. Too much can go wrong

Ahh yes but we are a world apart. Ive never lived anywhere near a place that would be considered urban. Shouldnt it be left up to municipalities to dictate whether the population density meets an unacceptable level for which fireworks should be banned .Would you concede that places less populated would serve as suitable candidates for people to do stupid things provided the only people that might get hurt are the people directly involved?

"The day will be most memorable in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, bonfires and illuminations (fireworks) from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more."

So wrote John Adams on July 3, 1776 to his wife after the Continental Congress had decided to proclaim the American colonies independent of England. Fireworks were associated with Independence Day celebrations even before the signing of the Declaration.

This

I've come to the conclusion that a few fargin stupid people ruin it for everyone. I grew up in Ozone park Queens , Every kid on the block had fireworks. I'm not talking sparklers either. I'm talking a couple of matts of fire crackers ( BLACK CAT ) M-80s, ashcans, cherry bombs, two to eight stage ariel bombs, helicopters , bottle rockets and just plain rockets. And guess what no one ever got hurt , And this went on all day. Everyone on the block would barbecue and it was freakin cool. We use to play tag with roman candles. Now days parents give their kid a lollipop and tell them to go sit in the corner.

No, its because most people are irresponsible with fireworks and put others at risk with their carlessness and stupidity. Lighting fireworks in an urban environment is reckless in itself and just plain stupid. Too much can go wrong

Doesn't the anti-gun crowd use this same argument?

That said, when I was younger it was a fun thing to do. However as I've gotten older it seems like a waste of money. I'll be at the range making my own bang.

The idiots who were involved all deserved what they got. They are the ones who ruin it for everyone else!

Made me mad to see someone letting their dog run around with the fireworks- pisses me off since the dog doesn't know better and relies on their owners to take care of them.