Sign in to follow this  
pasu0115

Olympics shooting events coverage

Looks like USA shooter Kim Rhode won a gold medal in a skeet shooting event. She also set a record by being the first American to medal in five consecutive Olympics. Of course none of this was ever shown or even mentioned in NBCs Olympics coverage as they are too busy showing water polo and interviewing swimmers that won bronze medals. Hard to believe that with over a hundred million gun owners in the United States that we cannot get some good positive coverage of the Olympic shooting events!Anyone see any coverage of this or other shooting events?

I saw it on ABC News yesterday. It was covered.

Stuff like this... it's like watching Michael Jordan play basketball. I could practice all I wanted, but I will never be as good as her.

I actually watch the last half of her round on one of the stations showing the Olympics. She set a Olympic record at 99 out of 100 hit and ties the world record with that total. News coverage was light on it but they did show it once more at the end of day report on 4 NBC.

Looks like USA shooter Kim Rhode won a gold medal in a skeet shooting event. She also set a record by being the first American to medal in five consecutive Olympics. Of course none of this was ever shown or even mentioned in NBCs Olympics coverage as they are too busy showing water polo and interviewing swimmers that won bronze medals. Hard to believe that with over a hundred million gun owners in the United States that we cannot get some good positive coverage of the Olympic shooting events!Anyone see any coverage of this or other shooting events?

Actually it was covered by NBC. That's where I heard about it.

For those with comcast, it is (or was), in the On Demand, along with the womens 10m air pistol. To be honest though, I can see why it wasn't covered that much. Due to the way the event was ran, it really didn't make for great TV. In order for it to have really been entertaining, it wouldn't make the event fair to all the competitors.

I do wish they would have at least given more coverage to the fact that the shooting sports even exist, show the winners, and maybe a couple of clips of it. I'm sure they have done some, but not that I have seen.

NBC was forced to cover it because she was the first American to medal in five straight Olympics in an individual event.

THIS^^^^^^

The most likely reason they covered it at all. - I will say I was surprised to see any gun competition coverage.

I read a huge article that already they only use air rifles and pistols and not traditional firearms. And that also half the gun competitions are using get this... laser pistols and that by end of the year all future olympic events will be laser based for shooting! Wtf