RecessedFilter

Shotgun Shootout! October 13th - Clinton, NJ WMA

Ok guys i stoped by the range yesterday and talked to a few of the guys up at the rangers office about the youth bird hunt on nov 3rd. I was told the range SHOULD be open but he could not give me a definate answer. He took my number and said that he would talk to the guy in charge and if it was going to be closed he would give me a call. so i will keep you guys updated if i hear anything. The bow range will be closed because that is the area where they will be doing the hunts. The hunting also dose not start untill 9 am so if you are concerned about parking you may want to get there early.

Thanks for talking to the rangers, Fishnut. I've shot at the clay range when they had Hunters Ed going on, and they were using 2 of the wooden shack ports. But they may close down the whole range nowadays.

I will be making a new thread for the next shootout once we figure out some more details, so keep an eye on this section (Events & Meetups) for it.

Nov 3rd or 4th, that is the question?

Adding to my last post, I am sort of leaning towards sunday Nov 4th because other people have stated that it is Youth Hunting Day or something of the sort November 3rd. That means the range will be crowded, the clay range may even possibly be closed, AND the fact that there will be range officers and such on site...which means we will be watched a lot more. Get my drift?

With all that said, it makes me want to NOT shoot that day and switch it to Sunday Nov 4th.

What does everyone think?