DJNEB

Any Ideas On A Ejected Bullet Casing "Trapper"

I have been thinking about doing some shooting on my own property and have been curious about the ejected bullet casings. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on either a rigged setup or if one exists to buy on a way to contain ejected casings after being fired. I have pets and would prefer not to have the ejected bullet casing all over my shooting area if possible. Does anyone have any ideas on if fashioning one is even possible? For example - some sort of container that connects to rifle ejection port to catch the ejected casings? I have a 22 rifle and those things are small to be picking up all the time.. Any ideas? I am not looking for laws on shooting on my own property, just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to contain the casings.

I have a caldwell case catcher for my AR, it works pretty damn good. it could work for other rifles, depending.

http://www.midwayusa...ylon-mesh-black

I can never get mine to work right. The cases never fall into the bag, they just start stacking up at the very top of the bag. IDK, I'm probably doing something wrong.

I have been thinking about doing some shooting on my own property and have been curious about the ejected bullet casings. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on either a rigged setup or if one exists to buy on a way to contain ejected casings after being fired. I have pets and would prefer not to have the ejected bullet casing all over my shooting area if possible. Does anyone have any ideas on if fashioning one is even possible? For example - some sort of container that connects to rifle ejection port to catch the ejected casings? I have a 22 rifle and those things are small to be picking up all the time.. Any ideas? I am not looking for laws on shooting on my own property, just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to contain the casings.

go to home depot and get a magnetic rolling broom. You can't get the one they have on the shelf, that only picks up steel and iron. You need to ask the associate for it b/c they keep the ones for copper/brass magnets in the back.

go to home depot and get a magnetic rolling broom. You can't get the one they have on the shelf, that only picks up steel and iron. You need to ask the associate for it b/c they keep the ones for copper/brass magnets in the back.

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Use a younger sibling, relative, spouse/significant other, or 'friend' to stand a few feet from the ejection port and catch the brass. What is great about this catcher, is even when they miss brass, they can double as something that can also pick it up.

I can never get mine to work right. The cases never fall into the bag, they just start stacking up at the very top of the bag. IDK, I'm probably doing something wrong.

Is it the caldwell one? There are so many of them out there.

I just strap it down as tight as possible and mount the back corner snug against the shell deflector. they fly right in. It's possible the bag is creased to much, maybe a zip tie or something can help hold it open.

Have a friend that built a non-gun-mounted brass catcher out of PVC pipe forming a rectangle with about a 6' opening and then stapled netting behind the opening to catch the brass. Whole thing is mounted on a wooden pedestal and it's also adjustable for height.

It works well as long as you stand close to it.

Tarp is an easier idea, just beware that certain calibers eject brass hot enough that they'll partially melt into a plastic tarp (like .223/5.56, fer instance).

Tarp is an easier idea, just beware that certain calibers eject brass hot enough that they'll partially melt into a plastic tarp (like .223/5.56, fer instance).

Canvas tarps or drop cloths are available. Upside is no melting, down side is cost and weight. The real upside to a canvas drop cloth is that I've never worn one out and they're really good for painting, so they're pricey but it's a "buy once, cry once" item.