Zeke

12/12/12 or12/21/12?

Yeah, but I don't think anyone has "prepped" to the tune of $30K based on the MAYAN CALENDAR, which is what we are talking about...

Besides...

You'd be surprised man. Some people just have that kind of dough to toss around. Others are just incredibly gullible and willing to put everything they have into saving themselves. Its no different than a religion with a timeline to your death. I remember hearing about Europeans that bought into it heavily, way before it became popular here. There have been some pretty successful products that were bred from preppers. I can't tell you a confirmed number of people though. In the word of preppers, 30k is what's spent on food alone.

Not to be a bubble burster, but that was all accounted for when they calculated what the date would have been. Mayans didn't have the Gregorian Calendar, therefore they had no idea what December was.

Did you know that December 21, 2012 marks the end of the 12th Baktun and the beginning of the 13th Baktun on the Maya calendar? Do you know what a Baktun is? It's about 397 years. It is a big deal. Yes! A Mayan era is ending; the world is not.

I wonder what Peter Gersten is thinking right about now. I thought I read somewhere that he was going to do a webcast of his "Leap of Faith". Read more about it here:

http://wordswithmeaning.org/peter-gerstens-leap-of-faith-jumping-from-a-1-4km-rock-into-imminent-death-or-another-dimension/#axzz2FetrCBTu

Cliff notes: Dude is going to jump off a cliff through a cosmic portal on Winter Solstice. He says “On the Winter Solstice of 2012 at exactly 11:11 UT a cosmic portal will open in Sedona Arizona and a leap of faith – from the top of Bell Rock – will propel me through its opening"

What is their apocalypse date? I'll mark that in my calendar of things to never come

I haven't deciphered all of the hieroglyphics yet, I will let you know for sure.