TheSingularity

Feinstein just announced a new proposed assault weapons ban

I have to say, adding insults to your insight does nothing but make it less credible. Making a clear, truthful point in a conversation is automatically negated when you bring emotional context into. We all say the same thing when a new outlet does it.

about which part? The part where it waters down your argument? He's only wrong about that if you live inan echo chamber where everyone agrees with everything you say. Elsewhere in the world, it waters down your argument.

no. the only reason it gets 'watered down' is because people like YOU and rubber attempting to look down your noses at it. youre not impressing anyone. and furthermore, i dont give a damn if you like it or not, because while we're in the process of losing our second amendment, we still have our first amendment, and its my right to say it if i want. dont like it? dont read it.

no. the only reason it gets 'watered down' is because people like YOU and rubber attempting to look down your noses at it. youre not impressing anyone. and furthermore, i dont give a damn if you like it or not, because while we're in the process of losing our second amendment, we still have our first amendment, and its my right to say it if i want. dont like it? dont read it.

Ah the beauty of the First Amendment. Freedom of speech. Also freedom to call bullshizz. I appreciate a good debate as much as the next guy. But, When you say hussein nobama, or insult people, I'm more likely to compare you to the likes of Piers Morgan and his disgusting display of nonsense directed at the head of the GOA.

So, speak away, oh free speaker. Your right to water down your argument is UNINFRINGED!!!!!!! Hooray!

Joe Manchin is backpedalling furiously--

http://www.politico....5311.html?hp=r1

West Virginia residents probably straightened his azz out, I'll spare you a NJ resident editorial view. anyway that is good news but keep in mind there were two, the other was Sen. Warner keep and eye on him as well..

Agci8.gif

and look whos calling names now. well since both of you seem so petty as to have the need to have the final word, go ahead, the baby can have their bottles. rest assured nothing you say or do will ever affect me in the least. people like you are the reason i stopped posted anything on this forum months ago. im done with you, and this thread.

Looks like the bill will have significantly more teeth than the previous Federal AWB. From FOX News:

Feinstein said her legislation will outlaw the sale, import and manufacture of more than 100 different firearms, including "semiautomatic rifles, handguns and shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than ten rounds."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2FQusYZVD

That's a whole lot of guns. What semi auto handgun doesn't have a detatable magazine...

I believe the Mauser Broomhandle, uses stripper clips to load the rounds.

and look whos calling names now. well since both of you seem so petty as to have the need to have the final word, go ahead, the baby can have their bottles. rest assured nothing you say or do will ever affect me in the least. people like you are the reason i stopped posted anything on this forum months ago. im done with you, and this thread.

That was me calling people names? I was giving you the benefit of the doubt for making a valid argument. *shrug*

This place is unbelievable sometimes. The things some people say here, but I get called an unrepentant troll. Have a nice tomorrow, sir.

I'm not too political but can this stuff even pass through the republican controlled house?

I'm somewhat encouraged just now. Boehner may have a full-fledged rebellion on his hands for agreeing to raise taxes on millionaires -- many of whom don't even vote Republican. His troops are already going berzerk, if he tries this his speakership may be in jeopardy. Feinstein's bill may get through the Senate, but I doubt it will go anywhere in the House without heavy modifications. At least not for the next 2 years.

"Something" will get done, but I'd guess on background checks being more careful about mental health problems. Federal standards for school security. Tax deduction for gun safes.

I appreciated Feinstein's latest statement, too. ("grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment") She must have her mailbox overflowing from outraged constituents.

Feinstein's proposal:

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

Summary of 2013 legislation

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:

120 specifically-named firearms

Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic

Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds

Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:

Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test

Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test

Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans

Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:

Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment

Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and

Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:

Background check of owner and any transferee;

Type and serial number of the firearm;

Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;

Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and

Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

Thats not that bad...
National registration of grandfathered firearms?Moving to a single characteristic test? The always so straightforward "certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, and shotguns that have detachable magazine and 1 other characteristic" statement? 10 round mag limit?ETA: stupid sarcasm...

Saw someone posted this on reddit (usually pretty left-leaning) and thought it was interesting. A great write up on real statistics and media spin.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1X9uhG3U6ib9CfYKWfQ8XTQHg3tyxO9TARYPXesr0NGI

That was a good read, a lot of good statistics and factual data. Thanks for posting.

I can’t speak for anyone but myself but this just makes me sick. How on earth did our common sense as a nation become so uncommon? I keep thinking about BRAWNDO and Idiocracy because it's the same thing over and over from the anti-side. Whoever is in charge of the utopian life hug/love fest in DC must have some really good medicinal stuff passed out. Surreal puts it mildly. Does someone actually think Camden/Newark/AC/Trenton will be safer places because of this? I haven’t been hearing much about the unemployment rates or the issues of the WARN notices that didn’t happen a few days before the election. I hate saying this is a huge welcome distraction for those punting away the fiscal cliff nightmare. What really troubles me is that this isn’t isolated to just these issues. The entire spectrum of daily American living is under scrutiny from various groups who really think they know what’s best for you. What sad and troubling times these are.

So she wants to make semi auto weapons title ii weapons (would technically probably create a title iii) and close the registry on them immediately. Good luck with that passing muster with the current SCOTUS rulings and the reality of actual crime statistics. I doubt taking what makes up probably 90% or more of the current firearms market and heavily restricting them will pass muster as regulation for a compelling interest.