Malsua

San Francisco moves to ban hollow-point bullets

NJ will follow by banning any bullets harder than cotton.

----------------

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_22240017/san-francisco-moves-ban-hollow-point-bullets

SAN FRANCISCO -- Hollow-point bullets and other ammunition designed to cause extreme damage could soon be banned in San Francisco.

Mayor Ed Lee, Supervisor Malia Cohen and police Chief Greg Suhr said on Thursday that high-powered, military-style weapons and ammunition have no place in the city.

The San Francisco Chronicle (http://bit.ly/Wta69J ) says Cohen will introduce legislation next month that would ban hollow-point bullets and other ammunition meant to cause extreme damage. The law will also require that sellers notify police when more than 500 rounds of ammunition are being purchased.

The announcement comes a week after the shootings of 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut school.

An earlier San Francisco plan to ban automatic weapons was thwarted by the court. The mayor says the latest proposal will likely face legal challenges.

Those opposed to guns have sensed a shift,a change in the wind, if you will and will take this rare opportunity to list every firearm related item for increased legislation.I believe we all saw this coming and while Sandy Hook was a terrible tragedy the anti's saw the benefit of capitalizing on America's grief to further infringe on the rights of legal gun owners.

I think we'll see a flurry of these bills all over the most liberal of states but them passing may be difficult and time consuming but I fear inevitable.

Wow what a great statement, hollowpoints = military ammunition.

Just goes to show these idiots have no idea what they are talking about.

This bill should go far. As every bullet ever made is designed to cause "extreme damage"

this would be a defacto gun ban which the SCOTUS ruled unconstituitional.

This just serves as to why you cannot relent on any point. Even if it's only a partial ban, the next time some tragedy happens, they'll move it further along the spectrum towards a complete ban until they ultimately get it. Once that occurs, they won't ever tolerate discussion on the subject. I say, we won't tolerate discussions of bans, complete, partial with exceptions or otherwise! Stuff that in your pipe and smoke it.

The liberals in this country desire a complete ban on all guns despite lip service about "allowing you to defend yourself in your home". Every step towards that goal must be resisted.

If anyone doubts this--Obama voters and Democrats, I'm talking to you----just listen to the audio of NY Gov Cuomo on Thursday on an Albany radio station with a new euphemism--"mandatory sales to the state" or some such. THAT IS CONFISCATION. It's what the Liberals and Democrats want to do, period. Those of you that are Democrats or voted for Obama can insist otherwise, but the truth is there for anyone without liberal colored scales on their eyes to see. Cuomo is a big star in the Democratic party and a likely 2016 presidential candidate in the primaries at least. It's the mainstream thought of the Democrats, not the extreme.

Not one inch.

The liberals in this country desire a complete ban on all guns despite lip service about "allowing you to defend yourself in your home". Every step towards that goal must be resisted.

If anyone doubts this--Obama voters and Democrats, I'm talking to you----just listen to the audio of NY Gov Cuomo on Thursday on an Albany radio station with a new euphemism--"mandatory sales to the state" or some such. THAT IS CONFISCATION. It's what the Liberals and Democrats want to do, period. Those of you that are Democrats or voted for Obama can insist otherwise, but the truth is there for anyone without liberal colored scales on their eyes to see. Cuomo is a big star in the Democratic party and a likely 2016 presidential candidate in the primaries at least. It's the mainstream thought of the Democrats, not the extreme.

Not one inch.

I actually have a theory on the 2016 election. I believe in 2015, Obama will make an executive order and state that he can run for president again b/c the 3rd times a charm and this country needs him. I say that jokingly of course but now-a-days you never know.

I actually have a theory on the 2016 election. I believe in 2015, Obama will make an executive order and state that he can run for president again b/c the 3rd times a charm and this country needs him. I say that jokingly of course but now-a-days you never know.

Scary possibility. Isn't that kind of what Bloomburg did in NY?

If I buy a gun new how can the government buy it BACK? Or have a forced gun buy BACK? The gun was never theirs to begin with.

What makes you think they would buy it back? That would cost money they already don't have. Most likely when the time comes they will just take it.

Uh - isn't "military ammunition" by definition ball ammo? No hollowpoint/soft point ammo because of the geneva conventions?
its the Hague convention but point taken. Here's the kicker. If hp's are too deadly for war are they gonna try to outlaw ball next?

sent from hell with a smile.

Why not, Bloomberg managed to pull it off as mayor of NYC.

San Fran banned circumcision, didn't they? Once a place can control how you manage your wang, how far behind is dictatorship?

Except, an infant child cannot speak or make conscious decisions. To circumcise them, especially for religious reasons, is to permanently alter their body and indoctrinate them into a religion.....long before they ever have the sentience to make a choice in the matter.

So no, the government is not "controlling your wang" it's preventing permanent alteration and indoctrination. If you want to get into bronze age mythology and chop a part of your penis off later in life, you're more than free to do so.

So now we have moved from controlling guns to controlling wangs. I am more afraid of wang control.

You are more than free to have an old man bite the tip of your penis off and suck the blood out as an adult, if you're into that sort of thing.

All the government there decided to do, as they do in most intelligent, developed nations, is give everyone the FREEDOM to do with their dick as they please, not have it modified when they're 2 weeks old and can't decide for themselves.

Your dick belongs to you, not your parents, right?

You are more than free to have an old man bite the tip of your penis off and suck the blood out as an adult, if you're into that sort of thing.

All the government there decided to do, as they do in most intelligent, developed nations, is give everyone the FREEDOM to do with their dick as they please, not have it modified when they're 2 weeks old and can't decide for themselves.

Your dick belongs to you, not your parents, right?

I don't know if you have a kid or kids but I'm going off the theory that I pretty much own my kid and future child due in June until they turn 18 or move out of the house.

So creepy. I just threw up in my mouth a little

Not trying to be creepy, it is the actual traditional method of circumcision, known as "Brit Milah"

Which is why I said, it's a good idea to let people be able to speak, understand, be self aware, and consciously agree to that sort of procedure before going ahead with it, eh?